• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
there's not enough VR content that i find interesting for me to make the leap.
But if Valve starts really cranking these out, i'd be hard pressed to find a better motivator

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Kinda disappointed it's VR only, though. I'm all for HL Alyx being VR only, but a multiplayer-focused game like Left 4 Dead is another story.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
Left 4 Dead and TitanFall are my games so this makes me very happy. Never thought I would see a 3rd game in either series.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
As long as my WMR still works with it, this is the far more legitimately exciting title between it and Alyx for me.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I can't imagine the core infected gameplay remaining the same at all. Imagine trying to navigate a hunter in VR. Instant actual barfing.

Deleted member 3294

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all need to look at the other slides as well cause lmao

ZVp9tOC.png

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I could actually see this having crossplay between VR/pancake players unless they're doing something particularly interesting, but unlike Half-Life, I can't really think of many cool VR-exclusive gameplay ideas that would fit in the L4D mold.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
Yay!
From my experience playing various multiplayer games on Oculus Rift/Quest, most people are either drunk or stoned, it's gonna be fun.

Jun 12, 2018
Absolutely ridiculous if it really is vr only. Why Valve, just why...

Can ANYONE on ERA actually say that they have four friends who all possess vr?

Oct 27, 2017
Man if I grew with games like beat saber and L4D3 in VR I would have got so much more exercise in my teen years. Bring it on Valve, even if I can't play it yet, I will eventually. L4D could be some spooky shit in VR.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Been waiting 10 fucking years for this game and thinking I'd never see it ....but VR

GODDAMNIT

Valve you mother fuckers you might actually get me to buy a VR set

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
More smoke. Nice. I do still think this is one that could be cross VR/Flat though. Depends on what new mechanics they're bringing to the table I guess.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I think L4D would be the perfect type of game to be able to blend people in VR as well as people behind keyboards in the same game at the same time.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely ridiculous if it really is vr only. Why Valve, just why...

Can ANYONE on ERA actually say that they have four friends who all possess vr?

I can't afford VR and I likely won't be able to afford it for the foreseeable future, but I'm still happy Valve is out there pushing the technology.

I've played a lot of Half Life and Left 4 Dead but I don't feel like I necessarily need those games to come back as traditional FPSs. If by doing this, Valve is able to influence VR tech to become better and more affordable, I'd rather they pursue this route, honestly. Perhaps I will reap the benefits of it in 10 years. Somebody has to take a risk in the space otherwise it will remain stagnant.

edit: I do suspect that a L4D3 won't actually be VR exclusive. From a game design standpoint, I don't really see much of a reason that they can't combine the tech e.g. have the Zombies be normal FPS players while the humans are VR players. Something like that.

I think L4D would be the perfect type of game to be able to blend people in VR as well as people behind keyboards in the same game at the same time.

Yeah agreed.

Oct 25, 2017
VR only 4v4 game would be a disaster. L4D1 and 2 were already notorious for taking forever to fill a lobby and not have people rage quitting instantly. If they go VR only with this, it will drop to Destiny 2 Stadia numbers within a month.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Me for the last 6 years: Man, I think I'd genuinely like to see L4D3 more than anything else from Valve at this point.

twb81ram6al11.gif

Even for L4D3, I have no intention of buying a VR headset in the near future.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
This guy is planning some sort of dystopian nightmare bullshit if he thinks the elderly should be re-entering the workforce
I don't think it's a matter of "should" as much as it is "already are". We've been in dystopian nightmare mode for a while.

Not that I think VR will make a damn bit of difference there, of course.

Me for the last 6 years: Man, I think I'd genuinely like to see L4D3 more than anything else from Valve at this point.

twb81ram6al11.gif

Even for L4D3, I have no intention of buying a VR headset in the near future.
That GIF should be the game cover tbh

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Hah, what a way to leak this. HTC has a close relationship with valve, at least for hardware so for them to know about l4d3 at least has some weight to it. They are no rank outsider.

Well, at least it's as good as a confirmation we will get for a while.

My quest will come in handy alright.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm not sure this is confirmation, but if we believe that Valve have been working on two other big VR games like they said they were, L4D3 would be about as obvious a title as can be.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
VR only 4v4 game would be a disaster. L4D1 and 2 were already notorious for taking forever to fill a lobby and not have people rage quitting instantly. If they go VR only with this, it will drop to Destiny 2 Stadia numbers within a month.

I never had issues on pc with this.... even now I dont have thos issue

Status
Not open for further replies.