• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
#freescott

I've poked at this from time to time. I'm not obsessive like some people on twitter seem to be, but if I'm not doing something, and a game is about to happen, I hop in.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Thank you for this game, i have so much fun watch and play. good potential way to monetize

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The host looks kinda corny.. is there a way to disable video and just have voice?

As a straight female; I am totally crushing on their female host -- she's gorgeous and wastes little time between questions (win-win!).

maxresdefault.jpg

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, tonight's game was a killer. I can't believe the winners took home $110 each.

I can't believe so many people failed on Question 1 (The length of time it takes for a single rotation of the earth is ONE DAY).

I probably would have gotten knocked out on the Font question, but it was still frustrating to see that I would have known the answer to Question 12. Dan Marino has the highest all-time interceptions, that dude stuck around way too long trying to get a Superbowl ring.

Animekatt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I saw this thread. I loved 1 vs 100 when it was on Xbox Live. I'm downloading now so I can catch a game tomorrow.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
As a straight female; I am totally crushing on their female host -- she's gorgeous and wastes little time between questions (win-win!).

Scott will always be king, but I can't deny any of these positives for Sharon. She's a great backup. It's when they have to dig deeper than Sharon that things get... rough. I'm uncomfortable just thinking about that dude with the gray hair who introduced himself as "Scott's boy".

Also, I really hope Scott got some Sweetgreens today.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I keep seeing HQ and Scott stuff all over Twitter and have no idea what any of it means, but I just saw this thread and I fucking loved 1 vs. 100 on the 360. I miss it a great deal. Time to check this out!

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been loving this. It's crazy that there is no overt monetization implemented yet despite the normal prize being $1k.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was such a delight listening to them play this on the Giant Bombcast the other day.......especially since I'd already played that particular set of questions.

Has Scott referenced this drama on the show at all?

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Scott will always be king, but I can't deny any of these positives for Sharon. She's a great backup. It's when they have to dig deeper than Sharon that things get... rough. I'm uncomfortable just thinking about that dude with the gray hair who introduced himself as "Scott's boy".
i missed his introduction the night he hosted and couldnt get past how he looked like some sort of mirror universe evil villain version of scott

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
It was such a delight listening to them play this on the Giant Bombcast the other day.......especially since I'd already played that particular set of questions.

Has Scott referenced this drama on the show at all?

I listen to GB on a week delay but yes he has made the sweetgreens and free scott jokes on the show already.

i missed his introduction the night he hosted and couldnt get past how he looked like some sort of mirror universe evil villain version of scott

I swear it was like a fever dream, I honestly thought I had dreamt it until someone else brought it up.

Also, everyone, Scott is going to be on WayPoint Radio tomorrow on Vice! They got him on the show as a guest, I can not fucking wait.

killer_clank

Oct 25, 2017
HQ are experimenting with UK only shows today, at 3pm and 9pm. This one now only has like 5k viewers, which is an odd vibe but the chat is still filled with Abby From Brooklyn. Seems to be $500 prizes each show, but the first one today had no winners so it rolled over to this. Interesting to see them expanding so quickly.

wow, the winners won $250!

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
It looks like the game will be releasing on Android very soon. I'm looking forward to this, 1 vs 100 was the one Xbox exclusive that I was disappointed that I never got to play.

killer_clank

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I flipped out on the champ league question but Abby from Brooklyn was everywhere

I screwed up on the spelling of idiosyncrasy, like I knew the spelling but looking at it I second guessed myself :(

Wouldn't have won anyway.

Jeez, if the Android version is coming soon they better be investing in more bandwidth, the lag with just iOS now is very very bad at the start of the game.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nice, will definitely play it when it comes to Android. Been hearing far too much about it from the Bomb/Beastcast's.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I got to question 8 the first time they had a $7,500 cash prize. I was so upset. Also, does anyone know how to redeem people's referral codes after you sign up? I was able to do it once and used someone's but maybe that's because I didn't use a code at the initial sign up? Is it just one per person?

Mimosa97

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to answer those questions about obscure soap operas when you're not american :(

Oh well it was pretty fun for a first try. It's such a great concept. How long have they been running this game?

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Great game. Been playing since beta when the prize was $50. Met Scott the other night and he was really cool.

I'm definitely a fan.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
The 1 vs. 100 vibes are totally what drew me to this game. I've been having a lot of fun with it, despite how consistently terrible I am at it. Also, Scott's dope.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
This is a really fun little trivia game, quick and played on a regular schedule.

I think an easy, sponsored question right at the beginning of the game (when the most people are tuned in) would be a great way for them to monetize it without having to go into any micro transaction systems. First question is always super easy anyways. Getting a bit of money to build up the infrastructure and keep the video stream stable would be good. Luckily lag has never caused me to miss a question or anything like that, but it has me worried occasionally.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Played the other day with like 355k people. The lag was so bad. I noticed it got way better once people started dying off though. Scaling must be a nightmare.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They honestly don't even need sponsors. Just sell extra lives as a $1 in app purchase. Only allow 1 extra life per game.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
They honestly don't even need sponsors. Just sell extra lives as a $1 in app purchase. Only allow 1 extra life per game.
The infinite money solution.

Like for real imagine how dumb the execs at NBC and the other big networks must feel right now. Like FUCK WE CAME UO WITH JEOPARDY WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE AND SHIT AND WE DIDNT THINK OF THIS??

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
does anyone else keep losing on questions theyve answered correctly? it happened to me a few times when the app exploded in player count & the servers couldnt keep up, then it died down for a bit and now its happening to me almost every time i play