• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
I think last year I was over 15k with 10k unread. Cleared that up few months back cause I was bored lol.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I had my gmail for 15 years without really getting any spam in the spam box. Two years ago stuff finally started hitting the spam box.

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
My inbox has 11072 emails in. All read. I have several folders as well but they are either archives or for newsletters, etc.
I use the search function in Thunderbird to find anything I might need later. In fact, I keep everything because, well, you never know when you'll need that one bit of info!

Emails date as far back as 2007. I swear I used to have even older emails but I think they got flushed my MS as time went on. Luckily, Thunderbird also act as my local backup. I moved from my hotmail address to a paid Protonmail account 2 months ago. Entirely satisfied. My old Hotmail receives hundreds and hundreds of spam email per week. Because of that, it had lots of false positives.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
if my home screen has any numbers on the corner of any app, then i have failed myself and the world

im on top of that shit
Same with very few exceptions (ie I get an email a package has arrived at the apartment office for me, and I'm not home to grab it) I clear all notifications asap and try and delete emails weekly once they're resolved.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
My Gmail account will be old enough to vote this summer and has zero unread emails. I have four in my inbox.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's been bad since pandemic started. I slacked off.

400 unread.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
0 unread
4 items in my primary inbox

I treat my primary inbox tab in Gmail as my to-do list for the week. So 2 of the emails are my kid's dentist appt for Thursday, another one is a client I have to follow up with. When I complete those I'll archive them.

For my other gmail tabs like Social/Promotions I usually let those pile up for a few days and then do a quick scan and a mass archive.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I have about six different email accounts for different jobs, all of which are unsorted because I rely on a universal inbox and search function. My personal mail server is pristine, organised, and I maintain inbox zero.

Getting to inbox zero with multiple accounts is too much stress.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
1 email that has info I need. Once i do what I am supposed to it will be achieved or deleted. I keep my personal email clean so new emails are either deleted or sent to the correct place for record keeping. Nothing stays in my general inbox for long. My work email is much more of a mess, but I will start organizing that today because I am sick of it.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just archive the important stuff and delete everything else that comes in every now and then so pretty tidy. I get spam badly in one account since it's a pretty simple handle, you think it's neat but then randoms who sign up for stuff and don't want to use their own email, use my email 🤨 orders and accounts, why!? Can't have it all. Would be my main account but I just sort of keep it around and 😞 at the spam.

Oct 30, 2017
0 unread on Yahoo! and Gmail. I've recently unsubscribed to a majority of newsletters and am striving for inbox zero, so I'll delete/archive anything that's not important. Definitely feels good on the mind.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
I have 2, both read. I always delete or move an email into another folder if I want to keep it. I hate having tons of emails in my inbox.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
About 500, I need to do cleaning soon but seeing some others here mine isn't as bad.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have two emails I use for needed stuff (one specifically for business and government shit, one for important stuff thats entertainment and shopping wise) and a burner type. The burner I only check now and then and mass delete, the important two I read as soon as it comes in delete or if it's important archive it, and now and then clean out the archive of anything no longer revalent.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I have a zero inbox policy, as soon as something is dealt with it either gets deleted or filed, and tbh I very rarely file personal emails.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
How does it look?

Like this.

community-chaos.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I only click on like 3-4 personal emails a day, so there's thousands of unread (spam, job, social media account notifications, random stuff i signed up for like website news subscriptions, etc). I have multiple emails for different stuff, but for the most part my personal email inboxes are very unorganized and barely used. My friends/family rarely email me stuff as well. I don't really like checking my personal emails and I think looking at each one is a waste of time when the headline/title is usually enough for me to decide to scroll past or view. If I'm expecting some important mail/email then I'll be a bit more proactive than usual, but I usually don't really care about emails unless it's work related. If my email becomes "full" then I'll just make a new one lol.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Primary email has zero unread and I usually only keep 5-7 unsorted (but read) emails while I'm working on whatever the relevant task is.

Backup email is always at zero unread and everything sorted since it's mainly spam or notifications.

survivor

Oct 25, 2017
0 unread.

I never understood how people let unwanted emails accumulate. It's really easy to unsub from shit that is spamming you or you don't want to read anymore

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Bad. I really miss Inbox. Those were the days of perfect inbox organization