• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This February is looking pretty sweet for me. So far my shortlist is:

The Nioh Collection

I enjoyed the demos to these games on PS4, but I was waiting for the next gen versions (well PS5 as it is Sony console exclusive). I'm huge Souls fan and this should scratch that itch for me after Platinuming Demon's Souls PS5

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

I adored this game on the Wii U. It's one of my favorite Marios and the extra and small improvements--run speed, online Coop--will make this the definitive version.

Ghouls and Ghosts: Resurrection

I love this series and I'm happy it has been resurrected, pun intended. While I enjoy the last entry, the PSP game, it felt off. It was tuned more like an adventure game instead of an arcade game. This one looks like it is back to its arcade roots and I love the painterly artstyle.

Capcom Arcade Stadium

Never get tired rebuying Capcom arcade collections. I have a sickness.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Another month with nothing for me...
just going to grab the plus games and nothing more.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the only thing on it is

which I'm quite looking forward to.

I will get persona 5 strikers but likely not until it hits $30.

PandemicOdin

Oct 31, 2020
PS+ Games for me.
Good month to work on the backlog. Maybe this is the month I finally go out and beat Days Gone

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Ys 9
Persona 5 Strikers
Mario 3D World
Bravely Default 2
GnG Resurrection

One of the best months in quite a while.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Won't be getting anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Beat Ys IX ages ago, Bravely Default 2 has completely turned me off with its demoes, bought and fell off the JP release of Strikers, don't like 3D World, etc. I'll give Destruction AllStars a shot since it's on PS+, but otherwise it's not the biggest deal, I have plenty of older stuff to play.

EDIT: Actually, maybe Little Nightmares II.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I'll get the Nioh Collection down the line when it is dirt cheap. Feb will be another backlog month for me, which the new consoles enhance a great deal.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm thinking about Persona Strikers, as I'm sure they will release a definitive edition for $60 again sometime.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
3D World and that's it
^
Kinda broke right now so I'm doing usually one game a month.

Hitman January
HITMAN-3-main.jpg

Maybe Mario February
maxresdefault.jpg

Binding of Isaac Repentance
capsule_616x353.jpg

Maybe Persona 5 Strikers if it has less questionable content

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Nioh Collection
Persona 5 Strikers
Little Nightmares 2
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Gonna wait on reviews about that Werewolf Apocalypse game, and maybe get that if it's decent.

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
3D World is a must for me, but outside of that I'm interested to see how 30XX, Little Nightmares 2. Bravely Default 2 and Ghosts 'N' Goblins are all on my "Maybe" list.

Aaronsteel

Sep 24, 2018
Definitely P5 Strikers, Warriors games are a guilty pleasure of sorts and I'm close to wrapping up Royal. Even with that game's length I don't want to say goodbye to all the characters yet.

Other than that, maybe 3D World if Bowser's Fury is substantial, otherwise I played the game to death on Wii U so I'm okay holding off.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely getting Super Mario 3D World, as that was pre-ordered when it was announced.
Might get Bravely Default II as well, but unsure.

Will wait for the Switch version for Ys IX, which will be difficult to do, but manageable.
I'm also interested in Persona 5 Strikers, but that isn't a high interest game for me.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feb and March are both barren for me with new releases. Which is fine because I have some older stuff to catch up on.

Echizen

Oct 27, 2017
Ys IX, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Persona 5 Strikers, Bravely Default II.

Gonna be a really good month for me after not buying much in the way of major new releases over the past few. It's a shame about the PS5 issues for Ys IX though, was really looking forward to playing it in a few days but might wait a bit now until it gets patched.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Nioh 2 (PC)
Persona 5 Strikers (PC)
Little Nightmares 2 (PC)

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Maybe, got some store credit)
Ghost and Goblins (Maybe)
Ys IX (eventually)
30XX (didn't know this was coming)

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GnG Resurrection
Nioh 2 for PC finally
Cenury Age of Ashes early access

These three are the for sure ones, I'll definitely try Destruction All-Stars since it's free for plus but besides that it's a somewhat boring month.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nioh Collection (PS5)
Persona 5 Strikers (PS4)
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Switch)
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (PS4)

Recently played Little Nightmares 1, so really looking forward to the sequel but gonna wait till the PS5 version is available.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood (mostly paid off in trade-ins)
Little Nightmares 2 (Paid off in full with trade-ins already)
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (managed to get it for $40 with Best Buy certificate and coupon combined)
Persona 5 Strikers
Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection

Those are define gets. I'm kind of looking at getting maybe that Olija game next week, depending on how I feel about it. Strikers is probably going to keep me preoccupied for awhile, but everything else seems like it'd be generally a pretty short experience since with Mario I'm only interested in Bowser's Fury and then will trade it in or sell it afterward.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Kinda interested in the new GnG title but everything else I'm cool with waiting on for a while, kind of a dry month for me and I have a bunch of long games to both start and finish in that span of time.