• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EGS?

• Yay

Votes: 412 34.8%
  • Nah

Votes: 260 22.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 407 34.4%

Votes: 104 8.8%

• Total voters

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I only use it for free games (hoping the devs get some money from it) and I won't buy anything until they stop doing exclusives.
I have not played any of them since those I like I already had.

So nah.

Nov 1, 2017
It's an okay store to get the free games but the client is actually terrible for me. I get a white page frequently which leads to me to delete web-cache. Also, Game images on my library doesn't load. I don't think i will buy any game on it.

gulImbJ.jpg

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
It doesn't have all the features a storefront should have, but it lets me launch and play the games I do buy, so fine for me.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I occasionally grab the free games, if I don't already own them. Used to have the launcher installed, but uninstalled it after the whole "each time you launch it it peeks into your steam folders" fiasco.

It's meh. I don't think I'll ever buy anything from there until Tim & co realize that Canadians don't use American dollars. Free games are all right, having to scroll through all those tiles to see what games are in the store is a pain now.

I'm give it a "meh minus" if I was to grade it.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I'd also like to mention that I've never had so many attempts by other people to steal my account from other launchers as with EGS.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
I get free games, I downloaded one and it didn't tell me how big the download was, how fast it was downloading or how big but haven't played anything. No plans on buying anything from them ever.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
It works good enough. A bit slow and I wish it had an easier overview of all the games available instead of having to scroll throw a page of big pictures. Or maybe I have just missed it.
I have also tried their refund process once and it worked fine for being a manual process. Basically sent one mail asking for a refund, got a friendly mail back asking for a transaction number or something, sent it to them and got a refund pretty quickly.
Oh, a small thing that always bothers me, when you purchase a game the box you click to purchase looks grayed out so I always get confused, thinking I missed to tick a box somewhere.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
I've only actually used it to play Dauntless and claim the free games. It's worked fine for that. It's just another launcher on the pile where I'm concerned.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
The EGS has done a very good job of letting me redeem free games. That's my only experience with it.

Oh! It'd be nice if it had a list view instead of boxart for my library (unless I'm missing something).

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they got me in with that insane sale they did and I check it regularly now for the free games, but as a storefront/launcher it's still pretty bad. I remember during the sale it wouldn't give me search results correctly, I could find the items by scrolling but not via the search bar even when I had the name exactly the same and the whole thing where you can buy a single item at a time is incredibly bad for a storefront.

Features wise, I don't really use the EGS enough to complain but it's no where near Steam yet with the amount of features and QoL things they offer.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
I use it all the time for Fortnite. I've played a few games on it other than FN (Celeste and Enter the Gungeon), and I'll keep taking Tim's free handouts, but the store itself is garbage imo. Slow, clunky, bare-bones. Really surprised it hasn't improved at a rapid pace considering the amount of money they're throwing around. I think the Xbox beta app is better and it just came out.

The only thing I do like about it is they're funding a lot of quality devs (which I'll buy when they get to Steam), and I don't think we would've seen some of the Sony exclusives come to PC if not for their money as well.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I'm not sure there's been a single part of it that wasn't in some way worse than it reasonably should be.

It really hammers home that this is a launcher that bought it's place in the market, not earned.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I love it.

I like how clean and simple everything is. No clutter & needless crap anywhere.

It's rare that I game on PC these days but I have almost entirely moved to the EGS it's a nice streamlined experience that gets me to the games right away.

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
Controller support isn't as complete as it is on Steam. Also, there's no integrated screenshot function.

Other than that, it works pretty well!

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Launchers are all just bloatware to me. EGS may lack basic features but at least it makes it a lighter bloat than Steam.

My only experience with it is with Rebel Galaxy Outlaw. I had no issue purchasing or installing it, the price was more than fair, and since the game has no DRM, a little command line on the shortcut allows me to launch it without even opening EGS in the background. I only launch EGS once in a while to check if there is a patch.

I've also activated a few free games but haven't downloaded them and I don't know if I will, but hey, they're free, so might as well grab them.

So I'd rate my experience with it "meh". Lacks features, but what's there works well enough.

Oct 25, 2017
I got Control for free.
It might as well not be in a launcher since there really is nothing to it. It downloaded when I clicked the download button and played when I clicked the play button and that's my entire experience with the launcher.
That can be a good thing or not depending on what you want.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have any issues. Its working fine.

For sure now that I am playing my first game there (Borderlands 3) the experience is a lot better than my first game on the Microsoft Store (Forza Horizon 3).

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
At least it's better than Half-Life-2-launch Steam.

Joking aside, they need to revamp the store frontpage because for the ~100 games they have right now the current store UI probably has worse discoverability than Steam.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's an OK downloader.

As a full service store and front end for games it's severely lacking.

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
You can buy games, download and play them fine, but it's worse at everything else than any other launcher.
My library is so cluttered from all the free games and from what I can tell there is so no way to filter. Earlier this week I tried to stop a download and the client just would not have it.
If they didn't have Fortnite, exclusives and free games no one would have any reason to bother with their sorry excuse for a launcher.

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
The interface is not smooth but I imagine it's full of frameworks and cross platform electron stuff which makes it chug. It's kind of sad that native, snappy software isn't a priority in 2019 but meh it works I guess.

DammitLloyd

Oct 25, 2017
It deleted Metro when it hit an error updating...never bought another game after that. It also doesn't utilize my bandwidth, other launchers utilize north of 60MB/s, EGS for some reason caps me at 30MB/s on my 100MB/s internet.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
Meh for me. Lack of local currency and regional prices.
Sergey is really open for feedback on Twitter so maybe give him a tweet.
It's fine. Give me time tracking and I'll be happy. And, of course, proper pricing in my region.
It forgot where my install was for Metro Exodus and doesn't keep track of time. Only have it installed to get the free games and play Control pretty much.

A very lackluster experience and it's nuts that it's been out 10 months now with basic features still missing.
Playtime tracking is in actually. Click on the gear icon next to play button.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I've only ever redeemed the free games on it. I guess I did install it a long time ago to get Shadow Complex remastered for free and to play the Unreal Tournament Alpha though.

The only game I've actually played using it was Edith Finch, and it worked fine...

I big ol' fat "eh..." for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No currency conversion makes it a big nah for me. I use it to play Fortnite STW with friends and the download speed for it are awful too.

So pretty bad.

Last edited:

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
The user experience is shit, no functions for navigation of filtering, sometimes lag, technical problems, lack of overall functionality.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The client is sluggish and slows down other apps (like Firefox) when it is switched on. Never bought a game on it and I never will - I'll just take the freebies and play them without the launcher, since most of them launch fine without it.

Considering a lot of games launch without opening the client, it's not a major inconvenience to my in-home streaming setup (just add the exe - and for the few that kick up a fuss OSOL works fine), and I'd have probably bought something in their Mega Sale if they hadn't gone down the exclusive games route.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I tried it out and it made me realize how advanced steam is. Uninstalled it after Epic started being dicks

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
It sometimes works long enough for me to redeem the free games, and then quit out until the next week.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
For those that only use to redeem the free games and quit. What's the point if you are never going to play them anyways? Might as well just uninstall it lol

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
Cant get into my account, and their CS is useless.

So, guess im waiting for BL3 to hit Steam.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is worthless, but it works. I will not buy anything there as long as it is worthless though.

Oct 27, 2017
No problems whatsoever... i just want to launch the games, whatever store it its.... don´t care for the rest (achievments, etc...)

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing out of the ordinary for me. I've been using it for years though. It feels light enough, very snappy, and out of my way when I play games.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I click the desktop icon to play the game in question and it starts and plays so it's been fine.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Last time I tried to log in, I never got my 2FA code. There some kind of trick to making the site send it, but I don't care enough. Oh well.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
It's barebones but I'm personally not bothered by the lack of features at all. I haven't had any technical issues with the store so my experience has been fine.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
completely fine if not excellent.

Works just well enough and with a russian account I have Control and Borderlands 3 for the total price of roughly $35USD honestly couldnt ask for anything more. Plus the free games constantly are nice and although I dont play all of them I have played and completed a few so thats already worth the effort of clicking another icon to me.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Better than Windows Store and the new Xbox App for sure. It's not on par with Galaxy, Uplay, Origin, and Steam, obviously. But it's been okay so far for me. Not a yay! but due to the lack of a better option I vote this.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
It's great when you don't have to use it.

But it's missing basic features like download speed limit so it doesn't trash internet, though their speed suck so much it doesn't matter.

Then they have metrics like write speed. But it's also hilariously incorrect:

xwI5jil.png

I guess someone though it was neat, coded it, and shipped it. But it was never tested.

But it does launch games most of time.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It starts games, it does what it is supposed to do. So yay.

I don't need any extra features like achievements or friend lists and stuff. If I could I wouöd get rid of all these launchers and storefronts and just start it from my own menu, the only programs I use when playing (and not streaming) are discord

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Origin, Uplay... even the Twitch launcher is better (all the games are DRM free!, mod support, and a much better friend list).