• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
I just got an e-mail that it's 50% off and I don't really know much about the game or how it works, but seems really fun. Is it still fun if I just plan on playing solo queue? Also is there a good amount of games going most of the time from Switch? Is it crossplay?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious about this too. Can you do local multiplayer as just 1v1?

Apr 24, 2019
Just picked it up with two buddies this weekend, and we are having an absolute blast. I've played some solo and still have a great time.

I would definitely say that the small player base is the one thing that makes me a little sad. We've really only been able to do ranked matches at peak times (6-9:30 PST), but never any problems with quick play. Also, it is fully cross play, so fingers crossed for it to hit game pass on Xbox if it comes over there.

PedroRVD

Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador
I heard the game was getting an update today. And ... maybe it was to let us play 8 players on one switch. (We needed 2 consoles before and that stopped me from buying it).

Can somebody confirm this please?

Apr 24, 2019
Oct 25, 2017
The game is great fun and definitely worth picking up on the Switch or PC. It's been a few weeks since I've played since I've been playing some other stuff, but I never had any problems finding Quick Match games. I've heard Ranked matches can take a little while depending on when you're trying to play. There is a cross play which helps. There should be an Xbox version coming to Game Pass sometime, so that should help things as well.

I heard the game was getting an update today. And ... maybe it was to let us play 8 players on one switch. (We needed 2 consoles before and that stopped me from buying it).

Can somebody confirm this please?
Yeah, the update came out today. Here's the full post.

The Hydra update is here - Introducing 8 Player Local Play!

You asked. We listened.

Eight player local play is now available with patch 1.60 (Hydra). Connect up to eight controllers to your PC or console and play full matches offline. No Internet connection or Nintendo Switch Online account required.

Why the change of heart?

Over the past few months we've noticed that growth in Killer Queen Black has drawn more players to Killer Queen Arcade, and the growth of the arcade has drawn more players to the console - a rising tide raises all ships!

Hydra release notes:

• Eight player local support for PC and console
  • Region selection now available on Switch
  • Custom (online) and local matches can now be started by a single player
  • Fill with bots added for local and custom matches
  • Players can now shuffle teams automatically in local and custom matches
  • Streamer mode: Choose which names to display in-game and in menus
  • Map pools now skew towards more variety and fewer repeats
  • Many bug fixes and UI improvements

MORE MORE MORE!

We'd also like to introduce the commercial version of Killer Queen Black available for Steam Cafe users. If you would like to set up Killer Queen Black in your cyber cafe or arcade with a for-profit scenario, please check out that version on Steam.

As always, a huge thank you goes out to the Killer Queen Black community for all your support, feedback, and patience. We're just getting started! Check out the roadmap below for what we have in store over the next several months.

http://www.liquidbit.com/posts/hydra-update-jan-21-2020/

PedroRVD

Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador
That is indeed what the update was for.

If the same holds for this as did for smash, remember each individual joycon counts as 1 controller, not each pair.
The game is great fun and definitely worth picking up on the Switch or PC. It's been a few weeks since I've played since I've been playing some other stuff, but I never had any problems finding Quick Match games. I've heard Ranked matches can take a little while depending on when you're trying to play. There is a cross play which helps. There should be an Xbox version coming to Game Pass sometime, so that should help things as well.

Yeah, the update came out today. Here's the full post.

The Hydra update is here - Introducing 8 Player Local Play!

You asked. We listened.

Eight player local play is now available with patch 1.60 (Hydra). Connect up to eight controllers to your PC or console and play full matches offline. No Internet connection or Nintendo Switch Online account required.

Why the change of heart?

Over the past few months we've noticed that growth in Killer Queen Black has drawn more players to Killer Queen Arcade, and the growth of the arcade has drawn more players to the console - a rising tide raises all ships!

Hydra release notes:

• Eight player local support for PC and console
  • Region selection now available on Switch
  • Custom (online) and local matches can now be started by a single player
  • Fill with bots added for local and custom matches
  • Players can now shuffle teams automatically in local and custom matches
  • Streamer mode: Choose which names to display in-game and in menus
  • Map pools now skew towards more variety and fewer repeats
  • Many bug fixes and UI improvements

MORE MORE MORE!

We'd also like to introduce the commercial version of Killer Queen Black available for Steam Cafe users. If you would like to set up Killer Queen Black in your cyber cafe or arcade with a for-profit scenario, please check out that version on Steam.

As always, a huge thank you goes out to the Killer Queen Black community for all your support, feedback, and patience. We're just getting started! Check out the roadmap below for what we have in store over the next several months.

Thank you guys. I'm buying it right now !!! That's everything I needed to know.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
It's a really good game! I don't have any friends that own it, so I don't play too often, but I'd love to play with a full team of non-randos just once one day.
That is indeed what the update was for.

If the same holds for this as did for smash, remember each individual joycon counts as 1 controller, not each pair.
Oh, shit! This changes everything! I was so disappointed by their choice prior, so I'm happy they've come around.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
"We'd also like to introduce the commercial version of Killer Queen Black available for Steam Cafe users."

Anyone mind explaining what this one is all about? Don't think I've ever heard of this Steam Cafe business before. I assume they are talking about the original 5v5 arcade version, so this speaks to me on a deep level.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I could understand the team struggling to get local eight-player modes working on Switch, where Joy-Con connectivity can be a pain, but the lack of 8p same-screen support on PC floored me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 8p support on Windows trivial in a world of DirectInput?

Anyway, today's news is awesome. Time to test!

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
Game is awesome but is the first game where I've really felt hampered by having to pay to play online, I guess I just assumed indies were exempt in my brain somehow? Just feels bad paying more than the game to get to play online. With all that said, local play is really amazing so go buy it!

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
"We'd also like to introduce the commercial version of Killer Queen Black available for Steam Cafe users."

Anyone mind explaining what this one is all about? Don't think I've ever heard of this Steam Cafe business before. I assume they are talking about the original 5v5 arcade version, so this speaks to me on a deep level.

support.steampowered.com

Steam Support

Log in to your Steam account to get help with your Steam games, contact Steam Support, request refunds, and more. Help is also available if you can't log in, need to reset your password, or recover a hijacked account.

When you buy a game on Steam as an average user, that's a license for personal, non-commercial use. Charging people to come into a space and play a game is a different can of worms. I couldn't tell you whether the average PC Bang actually uses these things, but it's definitely an easier way to let a 100+ fleet of PCs access a central pool of officially purchased/licensed software.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
It is the only game to convince me to pick up a LAN adapter for Switch. I realize that probably says more about me than anything but the ping and stability improvement was obvious and worth it.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've only played with one friend and a retinue of bots thus far, but the gameplay loop is fun as hell.