• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Daily I'm managing:

20 press ups
30 sit ups
Weight lifts (25kg/50kg) for 20 minutes
Long walks (with dog) for around 30 minutes with some jogs on fields
Star jumps/squats/stretches

Helps me keep a routine, actually doing more exercise now thanks to lockdown than I did before.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I've dusted off the Wii actually. Doing some Just Dance and My Fitness Coach. They're pretty good workouts overall.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland has a 2km restriction from your house. I go for a 6am walk to avoid people and I get 8k steps in. So by 7am I got 80% of my steps. I use the rower for 5000m on number 8 resistance and 5k bike on max resistance on the weekend or if it is raining.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
60 minutes rowing is a LOT! How long did it take for you to build up to that?
I'm doing two high difficulty 20 minutes sets and two 10 minute cool down sets in between.

Took me some time (i wanna say i started around fall 2017 but could also be summer) to get there. I remember at the beginning i was done after 10 minutes of high difficulty then went up by 10 minutes each when i felt i was ready.

I tried running before but i had some knee issues so i bought a rowing machine and the wife and i added a peloton this january aswell.

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
Fine, been jogging and I got those bowflex select a weight things that go up to 55 to try and keep my strength training up. Also my S/O is a yoga instructor so we've been doing a lot of that. The diet has been a little harder between being at home so much and anxiety snackin.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
Bad, I missed a bunch of days due to babysitting my nephew who is out of school. On top of that, something is wrong with my left arm so I can't do stuff like push ups or chest presses.

DTJAAAAM

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Better than expected. Alternating between 40 minutes of upper/lower body work each day, taking rest days when I feel that I need one. Almost to the weight goal.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing more bodyweight stuff. I used to complement my gym workouts with that, but now it's the whole routine.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
I got this device called Activ5 that I was given as a gift and hadn't even tried it. I gave it a test yesterday and while it still looks goofy and weird at first look, I felt the muscles while doing a couple exercises. Anybody has it that can elaborate a bit more? Is it worth it during these times?

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I got this device called Activ5 that I was given as a gift and hadn't even tried it. I gave it a test yesterday and while it still looks goofy and weird at first look, I felt the muscles while doing a couple exercises. Anybody has it that can elaborate a bit more? Is it worth it during these times?
I tried to look it up, but they don't actually tell you what it is or how to use it. What is it?

Also, I recommend this book:

OMW-Book-Cover-Front-600x900.jpg

The workouts really are that short and are hard.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Pretty good other than eating like shit. Have taken the younger siblings camping/hiking to get them out of the house. I really miss being able to hit up my jiu-jitsu class though.

Nov 14, 2017
Anyone got any good leg workout suggestions for someone with no weights?
Jump squats, 1 and 1/4 squats(go down into squat come up just a little and go back down, that's one rep), single leg box/chair squats(sit in chair, raise one leg off the ground and try to stand on the other), Bulgarian split squats, pistol squats, hip bridges, lunges, etc. There's a lot you can do.

If you're used to lifting heavy weight, I would suggest high rep and set ranges. And really try to focus on form for each rep. It's better to go slow with these to increase time under tension instead of speeding through

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
We have a rack and bench with about 450lbs of plates. We recently picked up a Spud Econco cable so we've been able to do pretty much everything. It's been really nice.

Nov 14, 2017
Honestly it's been going pretty well, I've always been interested in bodyweight fitness but I was too afraid to give up my barbell excercises. Now I can finally focus on it fully. The only thing I'm worried about is losing leg strength. I think my upper body and core strength will be much better by the end if this quarantine.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
I run a few miles
100 pushups almost every day
3 sets of high planks
3 sets of low planks
3 sets of side planks
Various VR workouts like boxing, or fast Superhot

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
We're I live it's going exactly the same as normal, do a two mile walk every day and go skateboarding if it's not raining. Also twenty pushups and sit ups but I have been slacking on them.

Oct 27, 2017
My motivation to workout has declined as we get deeper into the lockdown but I have been running and doing CrossFit workouts, I have also invested in some home equipment as well (dumbbells,kettlebells,Plyo box)

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
It has been going great. I have decent amount of equipment at home so I have been bulking recently. Working out 6 times a week. My kickboxing gym has been closed so great time to put on some muscle. Have managed to increase to the point I had to buy more weights. My 6 pack is basically gone but I am stronger. 1,5 weeks until I start cutting.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Going on 9 straight days of exercise. It's the exercise plan that made me look like this:

efQQ12V.png

We'll see if I can get back to that. It took me about 6 months last time.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just bump my little toe on a weight i left at the bottom of my bed under

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Not great. I'm working on my pushups (currently doing 5-6 sets of 10 diamond push-ups throughout the day), and doing some squats here and there. But I only went out once since the start of the quarantine (on day 9 now). I ran for 4km when I did, but that's definitely not enough cardio.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It isn't really going.

Incidentally, if anyone has a hookup for buying a metal DDR dance pad that won't cost me a small fortune to ship to Australia, hit me up. Been on the lookout for years now.

Nov 7, 2017
Barbells and dumbbells are as plentiful as toilet paper these days so it's bodyweight exercises and sometimes with a loaded backpack. It's ok...just getting the hang of doing shit like pike pushups and split squats ugh

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
20 minutes of water rowing...and 30 to 45 minutes of bike riding in the morning every other day.