• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 22, 2019
Diet is still crappy with more opportunities to snack adhoc during the day.

However now i dont have a 3hr roundtrip each day into the city so i am sleeping longer and running at least 5km every day outside with 30min elliptical and benchpress every other day.

Its been a full week so interested to see how this shakes out!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Not gonna lie, it started off the same. But as I continue to just stay at home I've become lazier and lazier and I haven't done a minute of exercise the past week. Diet is also slowly getting worse and worse.

It's just so tough to stay motivated right now.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been fine so far. I've changed to an almost complete body weight regiment from heavy lifting in the gym. You can do a lot with your own weight if you know how.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I go downstairs to make coffee. I come back upstairs to my computer.

Truthfully I do hope to bike on weekends now that the weather is nice.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just stopped, really hard for me to focus at home. I should've bought a bike or treadmill

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The dumbbells I'm using are just not heavy enough for strength training. I can't really anything for chest because I don't have a bench, and even then it's too light. I miss the gym.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
I try to walk when the weather is nice.

Not much else I'm allowed to do since the doctors would beat me if I did anything else.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Ring Fit Adventure was collecting dust before the pandemic, now I'm using it everyday.
I feel great.

BojTrek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
30-40 sit-ups and push-ups a day... I need to get back to my normal 90-100 of both... bought a new indoor Schwinn exercise bike... my daughters and I ride 2-3 times a week.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
After putting on like 13 pounds, started up my usual exercise routine again this week: jog/walk 5 days a week, lift weights 3 days a week and do supplemental cardio(wii fit, beat saber, etc) on the other 2 with weekends as rest days. Glad we have a treadmill here otherwise I'd just get fatter >.>

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
poorly - the gym is attached to my office, my commute included 2+ miles of walking so without going to work i've got nothing

i really regret returning my Oculus Quest last year, as i could use beat saber BUT i will have Ring Fit Adventure thanks to an incredibly kind soul here, though, so i am really hopeful right now

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
20 years of having my leftover muscle mass from football stay pretty consistent, and 3 weeks with no lifting has almost got me back to before my non-football playing shape. But I am doing 6 days a week of a body weight program along with 50 push-ups and sit-ups. I do need to find something to keep my leg strength up though. That's where I'm losing the most.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
Not bad actually. Got the ketttlebells out of the garage and started my routine again. I've lost a few pounds in the past 2 weeks too.

Oct 25, 2017
just did some ring fit and between that, jogging, and yoga videos I seem to be doing all right. Been going on a lot of long walks too so that helps

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Been doing Ringfit in the morning and evening for 20-30 minutes, basically replacing my usual commute time.
Given my usual commute was like 5 minutes of walking and then a tram, I'm hoping I'll come out of this healthier than I went into it lol

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
30 minute walk around the park most days.
10-60 minutes yoga most days.
Always at least one of them.

Don't have enough calories for anything more muscle building, I miss eggs for breakfast. Although looks like the supermarkets are getting close to normal.

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kettlebell workout and hill sprints. Cardio and posterior chain is going to be looking good after all this

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I usually lift twice a week but now that I'm no longer walkin to/from the train I gotta throw something else in there, too sedentary otherwise. Considering Ring Fit, it's just sittin there since my wife has been sick and not usin it lately.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Im doing a spartacus work out and insanity workouts 5 days a week

and active rest days im either walking or biking.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After working from home at my kitchen table for two days I threw my back out, so not much. :(

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to do the recumbent bike every day since Lockdown started, 550-ish calories each time.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much the same before the lockdown happened. P90X3 in the morning and 30 minute session of yoga at night. (I'm thinking of just replacing my lunch with the yoga routine since I don't really eat lunch anyways.)

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Even with Ring Fit Adventure my exercise has been crap aside from taking walks around the neighborhood (with proper distancing from anyone I run across), however, my diet has been much better since this whole thing started since I'm obviously not eating out and getting takeout very rarely. I've lost some weight on the back of just the diet changes alone.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I like my personal space when exercising, and is it stands I have none. I have to wait until late in the evening to do it and by that time I'm ready for sleep. I do need to get back to yoga as my posture is getting crap and I feel all my muscles tightening and it's increasing my anxiety. Need those chest openers! :)

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
No lifting since I tweaked my shoulder right before this happened. 45 minutes of peloton, core work and virtual shoulder PT. Stinks but better than nothing.

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
I've taken to running around the perimeter of any empty parking lot near my house. According to google maps it's right at 1km, so it makes it easy to run a 5/10/15k.

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
tnS7BfR.gif

oh man, GermERA is going to have a field day with those shoes and city pants on the bed.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I did really well the first two weeks but this one's been harder. Especially since all the jogging I had been doing aggravated an old strained arch. I'm trying to do more streching excercises but it's not the same.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
I used to take daily walks after work (FWH) but today it's raining.

Got the Oculus Quest out of the drawer and it's currently charging. Will get some Beatsaber in before bedtime.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Told myself I NEED to hit my goal weight this year and finally get all this weight off once and for all and so I'm working hard to keep things going without gym access. Working out twice a day at home M-F. Cardio every morning using an Airdyne, then cardio in the evening T/H, and Weights/Bands in the evening M/W/F.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not going at all. I used to get at least 10000 steps in a day easily but since I was laid off it's like 1000, maybe. I need to start up some sort of exercise routine, I keep procrastinating though.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Doing alright, finally got into a good rhythm!

• Up at 6:15am everyday
  • 6:15-6:30: Ab-burn exercises
  • 6:30-7:00: Ring Fit Adventure
Then I alternate these two every other day:
  • (A Day) 7:00-7:20 Muscle-group-specific Ring Fit Routine
  • (B Day) 7:00-7:20 Outdoor Run for ~3 miles

After that I try to do a morning and afternoon walk that total around 5 miles a day.

So far between that and keeping a fair diet I've been doing alright! Saturday is my main rest day from my routine too, so I don't end up doing non-stop daily workouts.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
i've been riding my bike to and from the post office, that's about it.

Roads are quiet and the air is the cleanest I've ever experienced it to be (my city is one of the most polluted in the UK).

Oct 30, 2017
The gym in my apartment closed and I've fallen off the wagon and lost my motivation. It sucks. This thread finally got me to order a new exercise mat and start hitting my floor. SIGH.

iHeartGameDev

Feb 22, 2019
To anyone who needs a good "at home" workout and has a couple of decent weights laying around:

LMGTFY - Let Me Google That For You

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

I've been doing this twice - three times a week and going on runs at sundown to avoid the popular workout times.

Oct 28, 2017
Right now my GF and I walk in the evenings for about 30 mins. I want to start doing more, especially in the morning. Does anyone have any pointers or routines for someone who is relatively out of shape?