• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How's Era feeling on RAGE 2?

• Day one.

Votes: 164 18.9%
  • I like what I see, but I'll probably wait for reviews

Votes: 261 30.1%
  • It looks good, but I'll wait for a sale before picking it up

Votes: 270 31.1%
  • Not interested

Votes: 173 19.9%

• Total voters

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So like many people on here, I was super confused as to why RAGE of all games was getting a sequel. I kinda just ignored the announcement at E3 2018 but the trailer at The Game Awards really piqued my interest. Since then, everything Bethesda has released so far regarding the game has gotten me extremely excited. The gunplay looks aces with the addition of nanotrite abilities allowing you to pull off a bunch of combos. Driving looks solid but most of all, I really like the tone and vibe Avalanche and id are going for this time round. RAGE was a technically impressive game but my god did it look like utter shit. Just brown all round. Everything here looks a lot more cohesive and fun.

I think this'll be a nice palette cleanser for the most part. May doesn't seem all too interesting aside from this so I'll stick with it until Mario Maker 2 and DOOM Eternal (hopefully).

Anyways, how are you feeling on RAGE 2?

RAGE2_WastelandSuperhero_Slam.gif

RAGE2_WastelandSuperhero_Shatter.gif

RAGE2_WastelandSuperhero_Shattered.gif

RAGE2_WastelandSuperhero_Vortex.gif

RAGE2_WastelandSuperhero_Barrier.gif

RAGE2_WastelandSuperhero_Float.gif

Rage2_Wingstick.gif

RAGE2_WastelandSuperhero_BarrierVortex.gif

RAGE2_WastelandSuperhero_VortexSlam.gif

RAGE2_WastelandSuperhero_Slamject.gif

RAGE2_WastelandSuperhero_DeathMontage.gif

RAGE_Wingstick_Targeting.gif

Last edited:

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Rage 1 was extremely disappointing, but the trailers for this game just look so damn fun. It still looks like it could go either way, but I really love the sense of style they're going for with the trailers. I hope that carries over to the full game.

At worst, I guess it will just be something nice to mess around with while I wait for DOOM Eternal. Or it might be really good.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I will play it but Im not sure if on Day 1... Open world games aren't my thing, really. But I think the gunplay will be awesome so...

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
As a fan of Mad Max (2015), this seems to be Mad Max 2 repackaged as a Rage sequel (and in first person), so I'm down for that.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I liked Rage 1 fine and finished it

but I don't like the art style and pink color palette of Rage 2, from what I've seen so far

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Have a few friends that are working on it. Will be at it on day 1. :)

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
IF it has a good single player campaign, I'll play it. I'll play almost anything with a good single player campaign.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm just waiting to hear how mission progress is handled. If I can just play all story missions back to back, I'm in. If the mission structure is like far cry where I need to take over areas before proceeding. No thanks.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really excited about it. Think it looks great visually and the gameplay is looking satisfying as hell.

Only Avalanche game I remember enjoying was Renegade Ops, though. Find their open worlds kinda bland and fear this might be the same. waiting on reviews but if it works out I think this could be awesome

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking very much forward to it.

An open world mad max doom mix is something i really want.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The game's humor and style feels a bit dated imo. They lost me completely when they confirmed it'd run at 30FPS on the base consoles.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I honestly didn't know this until recently, but the game lets you choose to play as a man or a woman at the start.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I hate the marketing, but some bits seem really cool. I'll wait for reviews, and I'm cautiously optimistic knowing it's the Mad Max team working on it, plus iD helping on gunplay.

Ghost305

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
The first game this year that I'll be paying $60 for.

It's nice to see a developer forget about all the cinematic story BS and just focus on good gameplay.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It looks great, I'm pretty much sold on it. I'm probably going to wait a while for it to go on sale though.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
This game looks amazing to me. I'm a lot more hyped for this than most other FPS coming out this year, including Borderlands. I still want to hear and see a lot more, but the gameplay shown so far looks up my ally.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
It looks fun, but I'd like an opportunity to try it before I buy it. It's Avalanche, who, to me, have historically created games that look more fun to play than they are.

Cleardata

Nov 1, 2017
Day 1. I played Rage to the end and Mad Max was one of my favorite games this generation. So I have high hopes.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Looking forward to it. I quite enjoyed Rage 1 (minus the ending), and everything I have so far seen of Rage 2 looks fun!

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Will this have coop or multiplayer? I still plan to play this Day 1 if reviews are good but I do like playing open world games with friends.

Nov 14, 2017
Never played Rage 1, but so far this looks pretty cool. Very Bulletstorm-esque. I'll be waiting for impressions, specifically for the PC version.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm interested, but I still have like 3 Bethesda shooters in my backlog that I have yet to even start, including Doom 2016, so I'll probably wait on a sale for this one.

Flash

Oct 27, 2017
Will be playing Day 1 but can not believe a sequel got green lit after the 1st game. It was a disappointment on so many levels.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a moderate day 1.

I like the colors, and gameplay that has been shown. I like the style & theme. I hope the game plays like the trailers... and I like that it is coming to Steam (or any half-competent storefront really).

I thought Rage 1 was ok, but this looks a lot more fun (faster paced, more vivid).

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Wasn't at all hyped come announcement but the more and more they show off the more and more in I am. Day one, 100% no questions asked.

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
Really love what they have shown. Will likely be day one there.
For me mobility in a shooter is essence of fun combat and rage 2 looks great in that aspect.

I will likely bump up the posts where people said new dawn was gonna straightly eat up rage 2 , lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in it, but because the Steam version is exclusive to Steam store it's expensive so I have to wait for a sale.

If Bethesda keeps doing what they do, they'll have the Steam version on sale very fast - as soon as summer sale hits.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Can't say I'm excited. It's clearly a joint project and you can see both studios footprint on the game, which is actually good. The problem is that I was never able to enjoy a single Avalanche Studios game, they're just not for me.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
I'm one of the few people that like Rage 1 so I'm definitely playing it but I VERY rarely buy things before reviews come out and Rage 2 isn't hyping me up enough for it to be one of those. I hope it's good, it looks good but there's just something not hitting me in the same way as the games I'm hyped about at the moment like Ghost of Tsushima. Kind of like Days Gone, it looks good and I'm sure I will like it but there's just something not letting me jump on the hype train for it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Wow, poll results are shockingly even at the moment. I personally cannot wait for it, a game with the bombast and chaos of an Avalanche title with the shooting mechanics of an id Software title sounds like an absolute knockout and everything that we have seen so far has looked incredible. I'm all in for day one. I even went back and tried to replay RAGE 1 again but... yeah, the less said about that total junk, the better.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Same here. And I'll wait for a sale because it's a Bethesda games and it should be 50%off 2 months after release.

Also, I loved the first game.
I don't blame anyone for waiting for sales, but this is feeding into a dangerous mentality with Bethesda games where nobody buys them because they go super cheap quickly and they have to put them on sale quickly because nobody buys them.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Need to wait for impressions first. It's the Just Cause engine, not the RAGE one being used and I'm not sure about it.