• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I'm pretty good. I just made a kickass dinner for my wife and my in-laws, and I'm well on my way to finishing a sixpack. Life is pretty good right now. Lots to be stressed about, lots of stuff to trigger my anxiety attacks, but it all feels miles away tonight.

Edit: Just spilled my beer. That's what I get for thinking things are going well.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got a new job yesterday. Put in my two weeks today at my current gig. But my car is on the fritz. Two steps forward, one back. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Having a baby tomorrow or the next day, so excited and nervous . And yet I'm a little down tonight thinking about friends that have come and gone and my brothers, all three of which seem to be lost and alone atm. Life is beautiful and ugly.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Could be better but I blame that on my sleep this past month.

I've never been to the South. I wasn't even born in the States and yet I've been saying "y'all" most of my life. I'm sure it was from some movie or show in the 80's and it's just stuck with me since.

Oct 28, 2017
Comes and goes. Yesterday I was OK. Today I feel worthless and like a burden on everyone in my life.

Realistically I should probably have both a therapist and some medication to get my depression and anxiety in check but I can't afford those things.

Weeeeeeeeee.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
In the last three weeks there's been two days that I haven't had a drink. Considering it progress.

Not tonight though.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Have a full weekend off from work the first time in nine weeks, so that's good. Thinking of cracking open a root beer, but I don't wanna have to brush my teeth again.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Struggling in grad school. Somehow got accepted into a course I'm way under-prepared for. The professor is being great about it so that I don't fail, but it sucks. I'm used to getting perfect scores in courses, not struggling to pass. The other courses aren't necessarily difficult, but when I do run into problems, it becomes way too overwhelming.

I don't know why I try to be ambitious. It just stresses me the fuck out.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
going to a Ladytron concert by myself. sleep deprived and coming down with some sort of virus so wasn't feeling like going but I'll be damned if my 40 dollars is being wasted. I popped a micro-dose of cannabis oil capsule before leaving, I figure it's either going to help me through or be a huge mistake.

so you know not exactly your average Friday night.

update: it was great

SunPie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not good man. was very stable in my college years and up until now (25) I never had any issues. but I had a longterm girlfriend break up with me recently and I'm not doing well. a lot of things that i think were caged inside me woke up. pretty much feel useless.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Doing good so far in the weekend.

Been a pretty busy weekend so far.

Went to my cousin's church (which they started) for the first time last night after work (Friday).

Worked out a bit this morning , went shopping and had re-arranged some photo frames (placed on them around the house) that we had planned for months but never got the chance till now.

Cleaned out my desktop PC (which I do every 3 months).

Went shopping with the misses - bought some Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bluebell Ice cream (hopefully its good like last year's halloween flavor) and some other fall/halloween stuff - also had some pumpkin latte at Starbucks (first time since last year lol) and spent some time in the Halloween aisle at the store we go to.

Went to another cousin's house and spent time there.

Gonna rest for the rest of the day and then rest some more tomorrow. (Rest as in play video games and have movie night with the family).

-----

Year wise, it was pretty rough at the first few months with my dad getting ill but now is doing better. My Uncle (cousin's dad) passed away in June and it was a pretty busy month since we helped the family with funeral arrangements and took care of their home while they were away.

Money wise - was making enough to pay off bills but not have any extra money. Managed to curb down on bills to the point where I have enough extra money just in case of an emergency if needed and have some disposable income which I am storing up to go all out on buying during the holiday season clothes wise, etc.

I lost about 30 pounds since June after changing my diet (eating meat only during weekends - Sat and Sun, and cutting my calorie intake down to 1,500 to 2,000 calories) - eating healthier foods like vegetables, fruits - lowered intake on carbs, meat , junk food and I stay away from fast food or limit to something small whenever I go out with my family (usually once a week or two weeks).

Gonna need to buy several new clothes since all my current clothes are really loose now....lol.

Last edited:

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
I'm okay.

Decided to get back in the gym and feel better about myself going forward. Also decided to pursue becoming an azure devOps engineer expert or administrator. This college shit is cool and all but I need a promotion in my career now. Considering the certifications to get my promotion are free, I need to get the ball rolling now.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
I just played 11 hours of Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. I feel exhausted and life is good.

Currently winding down and probably going to sleep within the next 30 minutes.

Thinking about the delicious avocado toast I am gonna eat for breakfast tomorrow 🥑.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Tired. Last night shift tonight and going straight to the cinema afterwards in the morning to watch Star Wars with my oldest buddy and then it's home > sleep > look after my 3 month-old whilst my wife works for a few hours.

Still, it's Xmas soon I suppose, and I've got a week off from Boxing Day to relax so at the moment I'm just living for that.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I have no job, no money, stuck living at home with my parents, away from my fiancee.

My life honestly sucks right now.

My dad is a hardcore Trump supporter, so I have to listen to that bullshit every day. On top of that, he's a huge asshole.

I have lingering mental health problems from my time in the military that I'm trying to address (which is why I'm home).

I'm away from my fiancee and it fucking sucks. I miss her every day (won't see her again until May).

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Feeling rather alone and lonely. Haven't spoken to anyone for a good week now. Stuff happened, so I don't have anyone to hang out with for the rest of the holiday period.

Other than that, I was watching Brooklyn 99 just now.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Studying for my last final which is tomorrow. Introduction to Machine Learning... I'm honestly pretty proud of what I understand in this course, but I'm realistically going to get a C, at best a B at the end of the day. I'm used to getting straight A's, so it kind of sucks.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Pretty sure I have some form of Progressive Multiple Sclerosis. Have an MRI on Friday that'll see (although if I'm right and it's progressive, then that won't show up in a brain MRI, that would only be if it's PRMS and not PPMS. They'll need to order a second spinal MRI).

Also mid apartment-hunting and have that deflated feeling you get when you can't make your dreams come true, although my main choice now is pretty good, especially for being a lateral move in price.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Studying for my last final which is tomorrow. Introduction to Machine Learning... I'm honestly pretty proud of what I understand in this course, but I'm realistically going to get a C, at best a B at the end of the day. I'm used to getting straight A's, so it kind of sucks.
good luck!

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I spent most of my afternoon talking about the new Star Wars online.
Sitting at home lurking the internet is more or less my life.

Damn, I wish I had a GF.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just want to wish all the best to all of you. And remember, everything is temporal.

Mar 30, 2019
Tired dawg. This has been a long week. Imma get some sleeeeeeep. Listen to ^ dood. I just wish everything was tempura instead. Night.