• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Sucks that we're in today, but it be like that. I see you though. Well, I'll see you if you post here. Keep strong, enjoy the slow day (unless you're retail, my heart goes out to you. You've got this.)

Today the day to pull out the desk whiskey?
Maybe.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Literally EVERYONE I know has both today and tomorrow off .. but I am working today :(

feelsbadman but at least I'm working from home.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hello hello, I am working as I was off all of last week. It's dead anyway so I'm just chilling :D

Working from home of course.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Technically work is open today. Just working AM to get some essentials out of the way and then off till the 4th.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I am off today and tomorrow

wife is too but she got work New Year's Eve and day lol

I remember when I used to work on holidays - those were the worst especially when the company you work for gives you a crappy lunch

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm working...a half day.

Somehow that's the most insulting option to me, let me explain:

A) Come on bro, nobody is actually working for four hours in my industry and will just stand around and talk about wanting to be home
B) I already wasted the major commute each way to come here, may as well stay a whole damn day
C) As a policy, this just says 'we're dicks' considering point A and B
D) WHY!?

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Yup I'm working today (from home thankfully at least) and prob a full day till like 4:30pm but I don't want to do shit all day lol.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Working on xmas. Welcome to Japan.
Well not my normal job but will be DJing a xmas event and I'd rather sit alone and play Ys VIII stuffing my fat face with pizza.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Half the company are off. We can't do any project work. No support requests have come in. So yeah, "working" today.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I'm "working remote" today
... If by working remote, you mean drinking egg nog and playing Destiny 2

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on PTO, but I do have to babysit my inbox, because there's a small fire to put out regarding one of our vendors. Could be worse.

I vividly remember my days in retail though, and how nuts it can get during the holidays. When I do have to make an emergency run to a store, gas station, etc., on either Christmas Eve or Day, I am always sure to tip the person who takes care of me. Stay sane, Retail Era.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Working from home today, should be an easy day of emails... unless there is a major problem like power outages due to snow or people getting COVID.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
My pharmacy closes early today (2 hours earlier. So generous), but I'm here from opening to close anyway. Feels bad man.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm "helping" some user fix her phone desktop app, but I'm asking dumb questions to delay everything so I don't have to actually help her :D

Merry Christmas.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Working from home but Im definitely working today. Kinda lame. I'll watch a movie on the side while working.

Rogue74

Nov 13, 2017
Miami, FL
I have a half day today. Work until noon. Then off until Monday.

I normally would have taken more days off during the holidays but I'm at a new job I started in June and haven't accumulated much leave time yet. Since due to the pandemic I really can't travel or do much anyway I figured I'd just work and save up days for next year.

AgPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
Working both today and tomorrow, because I work on a Railroad and we don't stop for Christmas.

The life of a "Rookie."

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Also shout out to those of us who are working, but everyone is off and there's no work to do so playing Cyberpunk instead.

Oct 27, 2017
Had to work about an hour this morning (scheduling the 'Happy Christmas' email and scheduling post-Christmas sale emails) and pulling a quick daily report on Christmas performance up to today, but thankfully not much else outside of that.

It'll probably be a bit busier after Christmas once Christmas sales start (particularly depending on any COVID restrictions and impact that'll have on store closures in various locations).

Coolsambob

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I finished an hour at 12:30 today, did a spot of incredibly half-assed tidying and now I have nothing else to do. Will probably crack open the whisky before 3pm at this rate haha

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a shift worker so I'm scheduled to be in for 12 hours today but as of tomorrow I get a sweet, whole week off. Not much going on today so I'm just catching up with a few shows on Netflix and I've got a client call for my side-business later on.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
I'm supposed to be working today, but I'm snowed right the hell in. Lovely Minnesota blizzard last night and my little Corolla ain't even making it down the block. This does give me a chance to catch up on documentation, but I would really rather be at work with my group.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Have to work today, tomorrow, new year's eve and new year's day. It's WFH but it still sucks. I put in a request for PTO for these four days three months ago and it still got rejected. This company sucks.

Katamari

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
WFH today. Consolation is our whole company is gets PTO tomorrow and all of next week.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Today is a holiday at my company.
Which basically means everyone dumped a bunch on my dept so they could take today off.
Which means I have to work today.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I chose to work Xmas (double time and a half) cause the ongoing pandemic cancelled all gatherings/plans so instead of sleeping all day on Xmas I'm like " ah fuck it let me go make some extra cash"

today is a regular day but it's dead so I'm sitting around bs-isg until 3:30

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
I remember working in a restaurant on Christmas and New Years, probably the hardest ive worked all my life. Now, the company I work for gave us a whole paid week off. Really is night and day between blue collar and white collar workers.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I have to go in second shift to the hospital. But I'll just be sitting there alone for 8 hours rarely being needed.

I'm prepared to do very little today.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
i've been off since yesterday. sorry y'all.

I remember working in a restaurant on Christmas and New Years, probably the hardest ive worked all my life. Now, the company I work for gave us a whole paid week off. Really is night and day between blue collar and white collar workers.

worked at Electronic's Boutique/Gamestop for the lead up to Christmas and that was the hardest job-related shit ever lol

Outside of seasonal work at a UPS distribution facility. That was brutal.