• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Are there like four people that would vote for him?

All I can think whenever I see his name is his half naked body in the NYC skyline on a placard at Blockbuster. And I don't like it.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Aside from being Howard Stern, he's pretty liberal-minded on most things, surprisingly.

I mean who else we gonna push forward that will be viable? AOC ain't ready yet

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
No.

But it's more helpful / productive than immediately looking to flee the country I guess.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I like Howard, was a fan for along time, but I was too cheap for Sirius. But Howard is rich AF. Donate, bro.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
How would that fix it?

Legit question btw, is there something Biden could do right now to fix it?

He could pull a FDR and threaten to expand the court. That's about it, though, I guess. Technically speaking the Dems could get rid of the filibuster and codify abortion legislation, but there are holdouts and Biden doesn't have control over them. Realistically, though, he's not going to attempt to do either anyway.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Unironically he could have mounted an edgelord/asshole independent run back in the day not dissimilar to the previous president and gotten some votes.

But now? Nah.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Howard actually pulled out of running for NY Governor because he'd have to disclose how much money he made, but now that he knows that he doesn't have to do that for the Presidency he might actually be serious about a run.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we call into the White House press events and yell about Howard Stern's penis? If so he's got my vote!

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Aside from being Howard Stern, he's pretty liberal-minded on most things, surprisingly.

I mean who else we gonna push forward that will be viable? AOC ain't ready yet
If I'm going to vote for an old progressive its gonna be Bernie Sanders. No more half steps. Aoc is more ready then nearly all of congress and definitely more ready then any random celebrity.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Part of a rant about expanding the courts and eliminating the electoral college, he's half joking, and it doesn't matter anyway, Howard Stern ain't winning a Democratic nod. The Hill is shit, no need to signal boost it's stupid bull shit about radio personalities saying things.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, kill the filibuster, line the supreme court with additional democrat judges. But he's a fucking coward and every politician is an asshole, so nothing's gonna happen

"Kill the filibuster" would require a bigger majority in one of the houses than he has because of those two chucklefucks who won't get in line, right?

Oct 27, 2017
Who needs to put their money and national influence where it could help people in the short and long term when you can just make this about yourself?
/s

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Was he joking or being serious?

Just pulled it up. He is clearly joking.

He and Robin are joking about how she would be first lady, with her joking about blowing him in office. Then he talks about how dumb the electoral college is and how he would do away with it... Even though he doesn't know if the president can.

He is in no way being serious.

This is fucking stupid.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
"Kill the filibuster" would require a bigger majority in one of the houses than he has because of those two chucklefucks who won't get in line, right?

Correct. You are neither killing the filibuster nor expanding the Supreme Court without a Senate majority that agrees to go along with that, and right now, we probably have 48 that are willing to kill the filibuster (probably for certain things and not in a blanket way). Packing/expanding the court I'm not sure on where the current 50 D Senators stand, but you aren't getting Manchin to go along with that no matter what.

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
just reshoot this with the American flag, and "Vote for Me" text; and there's ya campaign poster.

Howard_Stern%27s_Private_Parts_Hardback_Cover.jpg

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yes, i'm aware he was being facetious

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I don't want him as president, but I would take any one who is capable of getting us the senate and house majority we can to ram the fixes we need through this country. At this point, whatever it takes.

winjet81

Oct 27, 2017
90% of dude-bro republican chucklefucks would assume that Stern is also deeply conservative and aligned with their push to preserve white man rights, so it would be a great way to split votes to blue.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Eugh... If the future is just electing famous celebrities, sure, make it him, he's at least blasted a lot of bonehead republicans

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
He could pull a FDR and threaten to expand the court. That's about it, though, I guess. Technically speaking the Dems could get rid of the filibuster and codify abortion legislation, but there are holdouts and Biden doesn't have control over them. Realistically, though, he's not going to attempt to do either anyway.
Technically speaking even if Democrats had the votes in the Senate to codify abortion rights it wouldn't matter because the court would just rule the law unconstitutional. Expanding the court is the only way to get around that short of a constitutional amendment.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Private Parts

I'm surprised anyone's reporting on the show at all nowadays. It's already long past its glory days, and covid pulling Howard out of the studio was like the nail in the coffin. That being said, $500M contract, so I guess somebody's still sticking with it.

I think a lot of people have Sirius subs just for Stern

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How bout we stop electing people who don't know what they fuck they're doing?

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
I listened to the bit and I don't really think he's being serious. I mean, he's right about the need to get rid of the electoral college, but he was saying those things while everybody was laughing their ass off. Then again, if America wants to greet the world with another celebrity president, Howard Stern wouldn't probably be the worst choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.