• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
User warned: Historical reference implying violence
Funny, I think billionaires should be referred to the guillotine.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

How can someone be so out of touch? What an moron.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Howard Schultz should be referred to as "a fucking imbecile", but sometimes we just have to accept the colloquial label society uses, Howie.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
How about "people who've hoarded untold billions of dollars like greedy dragons?"

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
He may as well just come out and say he wants billionaires openly referred to as the lords and masters of society.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There were reports that said that the dude was legit shook at all the shit he was getting which tells me he's not going to actually run. An ego trip run doesn't really work if everyone's consistency dunking on you all the time.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
He ended it with, pleased to meet you, hope you get my name. But what's troubling you is the nature of my game. Then disappeared into a puff of smoke, leaving sulfur behind.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Yawn. Why are we still talking about him?

Wasnt there a shirtless superbowl thing we can talk about now this week?

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Why are these mega wealthy people sweating all of a sudden? Didn't they just get their huge tax cut back in 2017? Isn't the Trump admin gutting regulations left and right? Isn't the Supreme Court locked up in their favor for the foreseeable future?

Last edited:

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
wait, is billionaire a dirty word now? what?
also "people of wealth/means" sounds ridiculous.
it's funny how the nervousness about wealth inequality manifests in different ways.

it could very well be a word of admiration and virtue, but instead they're pretty much...not going to do anything or alter course until some kind of miracle/catastrophe.
so what are ya gonna do? today, billionaire is synonymous with the nobility of past ages who lived in a fine and well curated world while people died and starved. that wasn't sustainable back then and the only thing that has changed is the technology involved.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Why are these mega wealthy people sweating all of a sudden? Didn't they just get their huge tax cut back in 2017? Isn't thr Trump admin gutting regulating left and right? Isn't the Supreme Court locked up in their favor for the foreseeable future?
They know that Trump is weak coming into 2020.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously can someone translate what the fuck his entire answer is even trying to say? That's some shitty word salad there.

People "of means" have unfair influence over politicians because they're steeped in political ideology? What?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Trump is at least belligerently entertaining. This guy is so wooden.

Magni

Has anyone actually watched the video? He's not saying that you should call billionaires POMs, he's saying that it's not just billionaires who have an unfair advantage when it comes to our political system. It's nitpicking, and while I get where he's coming from, it's definitely poor optics. Welll ackshuallyyy

As for those calling for rich people's heads, I was hoping we'd be above such discourse here, but alas.

Oct 27, 2017
Why are these mega wealthy people sweating all of a sudden? Didn't they just get their huge tax cut back in 2017? Isn't thr Trump admin gutting regulating left and right? Isn't the Supreme Court locked up in their favor for the foreseeable future?
Because them being exposed for what they really are in loving Trump's politics and policies, they no longer have that bullshit veneer of "I can be uber wealthy and at the same time support immaterial liberal ideologies".

They were always evil but with a smile and spouting platitudes.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
What's next? Peoples of means are a minority that needs protection? Oh wait...

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I mean if you feel like you're being discriminated against on the basis of being a billionaire then go spend a few hundred million dollars, you fucking tool.

All the money in the world and not a single fucking braincell.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Ah yes, the billionaires who are fucking up the world with their insane levels of wealth aren't the problem, it's everybody those billionaires use their wealth to control that are the problem.

I guess his view is "The buck stops... Somewhere just before it reaches me. "

Also, in his example, is he not literally defining himself as a special interest? He's just cutting out the fucking middle man LOL. Why pay politicians to enact shit that benefits you if you can just enact it yourself!

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone actually watched the video? He's not saying that you should call billionaires POMs, he's saying that it's not just billionaires who have an unfair advantage when it comes to our political system. It's nitpicking, and while I get where he's coming from, it's definitely poor optics. Welll ackshuallyyy

As for those calling for rich people's heads, I was hoping we'd be above such discourse here, but alas.
Why should anyone? They are objectively the cause of our political issues. Money equals power, and all roads lead to those with both to spare.

This is why you're supposed to at LEAST give people scraps from the table, but when those scraps stop...

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Isn't this guy polling poorly with every group across the political spectrum? Fucking shut up already. Who is he even talking to at this point?

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
God this guy is such a fucking tool

Okay dipshit, it's just that neither of those have any distinct meaning that draws a contrast between your group and everyone else. Maybe we should go with something simple. Maybe "billionaires"

I'll settle for ex-persons though, since so many of you have forgotten how to act like or talk to humans

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
What comes after the word 'means'?

People of means... to change the government however they fit and gain unequal advantages?