• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'd have a new lease on life. Mid 20s with a great job, living in a place I love that's far better than where I was at that age. I'd probably sock away a few paychecks and move to another country or something.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
I think I would fucking kill myself, seriously. At fucking 50, there's no fucking way I would wanna make 25 years up. I would feel robbed on the grandest scale. Getting through this far has been hard enough. Fuck that shit! Look, I am appreciative for what I have been given, so much compassion, so much patience from God, my family and friends. But again, it hasn't been easy or painless. My reaction? Fuck that, fuck you for bringing the idea up, fucking everyone and everything.

That descriptive enough?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
After freaking out for about 2 hours I'd be cool with it. I can go without booze for 5 months.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be 20. Where's my wife and kid? That's all that matters to me. Also if my wife becomes half her age shed be 18. Also if my daughter is half her age she'd be almost 2. I'd hate having to potty train her again. Still, would be pretty cool.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost 26 to 13. Perfect. I could take high school more seriously so I could gun for a scholarship in IT or something instead of student loans for a useless radio degree.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Technically speaking as a remote employee, depending on how drastic the voice change is, I could get by for a good long while working normally. We dont do video, really ever because it was always optional and noone opted to do so. But our voice meetings over teams are regular.

Assuming my voice held up, I wouldnt have any problems outside of personal ones of course with people wondering wtf. I have no idea how I would manage that and issues involving the state like license photos that looks different and stuff like that.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
If you sleep tonight and wake up the next day and you see you became half the age you were before, what would you do?

I would be 15 but a unemployed college student. Losing the right to drink and smoke isn't a big deal since I did neither but I wouldn't vote in the next elections. Other than that, not much else.

Not time travel. Same time as now and you keep your memory.

Think the opposite of Big.

Your premise doesn't make much sense to me. I'm assuming based on your answer that you'd still be an unemployed college student but not have the right to drink, smoke, or vote that the difference isn't just biological. Rather, it would require your life story, and thus the stories of everyone around you, to be completely different in order to maintain continuity. How else would you be a college student at 15? And in order for that to occur in some circumstances it would require the world itself to be complete different. Like, my world would be transformed into one where I would be able to obtain a college degree and begin working a full time job that requires knowledge from that degree before the age of 15. That would require fundamentally altering how human society operates. Thus, I really can't say because imagining how such a world would work and what I would do in it would require far too much thought for this.

Airi

Oct 27, 2017
I had an unpleasant short term health situation pop up at that age. I suppose if it popped up again I could get it properly diagnosed, which would be a nice weight off my mind. Otherwise, it would be a good chance to try and keep better health. The situation would be awkward, but would afford me some more confidence too.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Crap, now that I have my youth back I have to make good on all those "If I were fifteen years younger..." claims I made while grouchily doing badass things.

I knew I should have waited until I was like sixty to fold those lines into my grizzled repertoire.

Nov 27, 2017
California
I'd be 16 again but I'd still have my crippling student loan debt but I'd be lanky and weak so I'd definitely hit the gym more and start running
I hate myself for not running marathons back then because now I barely can run since I've been super lazy

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I was still in good shape then, so I wouldn't mind, especially knowing how fast I nosedived not long after that, lol.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I burned out a lot of my early adulthood not doing things and can't do many of them now without feeling awkward and physical pain, so while I can't guarantee I'd do them, having another chance to at least try would be fantastic.

I think I would fucking kill myself, seriously. At fucking 50, there's no fucking way I would wanna make 25 years up. I would feel robbed on the grandest scale. Getting through this far has been hard enough. Fuck that shit! Look, I am appreciative for what I have been given, so much compassion, so much patience from God, my family and friends. But again, it hasn't been easy or painless. My reaction? Fuck that, fuck you for bringing the idea up, fucking everyone and everything.

That descriptive enough?

I feel like this belongs on a Facebook Minions meme.

But you'd kill yourself if you got a body reset to 25? Because it was clarified you do not go back in time or anything, you just wake up one day with a body half your current age.

Or, is this about "having to live" another 25 years?

donpureevil

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
i´m basically "back in school" at the moment so beeing 19 again would be really great for that. It would also mean that i would loose a lot of weight, that would be pretty nice as well.
there would be no legal boundaries for me at 19 and i´m living alone anyway.
this would make all that "starting over" a bit easier - so sign me up.

Alark

Mar 16, 2018
If it affected both me and my wife, we would both be 12 and we would also have to take care of a toddler. And my wife is currently pregnant, so things would be pretty weird.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
20 years more to live as a loser?

No thanks.

Edit: although it would be nice to be able to sit down without any physical pain I guess.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
To be 23 again? Yeah..that'd be alright. Wouldn't be hard to mask the change, and keep my job, or anything else.
It would be nice to have things not hurt.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't see what difference it would make beyond peace of mind in my case (I already get mistaken for much younger as it is) unless it's a change that would be acknowledged by the world around me, down to having a completely different birth year. Would cause problems with employment for me if so, and create more questions regarding what else has changed relative to everyone I know.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I mean deep inside I still feel like an insecure 17 year old, so I don't think much would change, unless it reverses my transition.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
If you sleep tonight and wake up the next day and you see you became half the age you were before, what would you do?

I would be 15 but a unemployed college student. Losing the right to drink and smoke isn't a big deal since I did neither but I wouldn't vote in the next elections. Other than that, not much else.

Not time travel. Same time as now and you keep your memory.

Think the opposite of Big.

Little? They made that movie... It was not good.

Anyway, that'd be pretty damn nice, youth is wasted on the young and all that. I'd still have my current shitty job but be in much better shape for it and probably a lot more optimistic on my future instead of a lack there of.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
...I feel like this belongs on a Facebook Minions meme.

But you'd kill yourself if you got a body reset to 25? Because it was clarified you do not go back in time or anything, you just wake up one day with a body half your current age.

Or, is this about "having to live" another 25 years?

Not sure what a "Facebook Minions meme" is, but looks like you answered your own question. ;)

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what a "Facebook Minions meme" is, but looks like you answered your own question. ;)

I mean, you can Winky Face all you want, but if you're counting the days until you die and you don't have a terminal condition, you should probably consider a mental health professional, if you are not speaking to one already. I'm really not meaning to poke buttons, but as someone who literally puts "Dad" in their username, I'd presume you'd jump at the chance to become more capable to help your kid(s) as they grow, and spend more time with them.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Can I pass on the offer now and retake it together with my partner when I'm like, 60?

But as for what I'd do, freakout hard and watch my life fall apart lol.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I mean... if all my legal documentation says I'm still 31, nothing really changes. I'd still be working from home, and chances are, my next job won't be in-person either.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'd be an awkward 16 year old, so I'd much rather be my slightly less awkward 18 year old self.

Although I wouldn't want the braces back.

PieOMy

Nov 15, 2018
Boston
It would suck because everyone else would not react well. In particular my brother could never find out about it he is too spiritual and religious. He would seriously believe I was the devil or in the devil's favor.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to go back to high school!

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Well I would lose my dream job and have to move back home, but I think I would try to come back even stronger since being 10 but not having to go to school would give me so much more time to just focus on training. I bet I could be more efficient then the first time.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
"Neat...its going to be annoying to update all my photos but oh well"
*go back to working and living