• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
So ppl want Game Pass to be a massively extended Games for Gold service? Given the amount of titles, I think its safe to say that's impossible.

I would like to see some big multiplatform games be on there day 1.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Honestly, I wouldn't mind Xbox resurrecting Xbox Live Arcade type titles for the service. It'd be nice to have throwback titles immediately downloadable and launchable without going through some compilation release

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Idk man, i'm reading all these posts and they all seem unrealistic unless they raise the price. By a lot. I think i rather just keep the price and service like it is now.

AllBizness

Banned
Mar 22, 2020
No, I disagree with this. It would clutter the service and MS would be paying immense licensing fees which would decrease their budget for new games on the srevice.
We shouldn't be worried about pocket watching Microsoft, I agree with Phil on this. Having all or most games stay on the service permanently is even more reason to stay subscribed or easily come back to it.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
We shouldn't be worried about pocket watching Microsoft, I agree with Phil on this. Having all or most games stay on the service permanently is even more reason to stay subscribed or easily come back to it.
Did Phil say that? I hadn't heard it. Can you link me to that interview?

I also don't think games should stay on forever. There are already too many games on it.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Probably a bigger discount if you want to keep the game.

Permanent games would be great but that's why there's first party stuff.

EDIT: But they could pay for games to stay GamePass permanent. Personally I rather have that than 5 year old games that have been discounted forever. More premiers on GamePass.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
If they made all their first party games exclusive to Gamepass (Like Netflix does with it's own content), then I'd have no choice but to jump onboard and stay locked in.

Games never leave the service once on.

Never going to happen, except with a huge price increase. Not even Netflix or Prime keep third party content locked into their services..

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

I don't care for Microsoft's budget or profits at all. We can wish all kinds of things in this thread, but I don't know why I shouldn't respond when I find them unrealistic or when I dislike the suggestion.

Microsoft has a certain budget for Game Pass. I would say it's a waste if all the budget was used for keeping games on the service forever.

Spanic

Oct 31, 2017
US
No Gold; Include online play without upping the price for console.
Discovery; Show games that you can play that are similar to games you play a lot of.
VR; Support 3rd party VR devices for series X/PC and get game pass to include VR games.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I don't care for Microsoft's budget or profits at all. We can wish all kinds of things in this thread, but I don't know why I shouldn't respond when I find them unrealistic or when I dislike the suggestion.

Microsoft has a certain budget for Game Pass. I would say it's a waste if all the budget was used for keeping games on the service forever.

It's not just the budget. It's a curated service that is doing great for the games featured on it. It's how they sell it to devs.

They all get their moment in the sun and featured in the front page and they are among a certain number of games. Not thousands.

If anyone could sign up anytime and play every game that's ever been on it they would absolutely not be the case.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
On the realistic side of things, I want more notice before a game leaves the service. Two weeks or so isn't nearly enough time if there's multiple games, they're RPGs, or it's just a busy season in gaming.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
The fact that games regularly leave the service is definitely the worst part - I mostly just an eye on what's leaving and focus on those if there are any I'm interested in, since two weeks is usually enough time to get my fill of whichever game it is. But it'd be a much better value proposition if they could guarantee games would stay at least until the end of the generation. I guess something like that would make it harder for third parties to commit to putting their games up for it, which is probably why they don't do something like this. So far there haven't been many "big" games that I really wanted to try that have left, but it definitely does put a damper on the experience.

Still a great service overall, though. I wish other consoles had it.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Sorry. I meant when Phil said we (gamers) should not be worried about Gamepass finances.
Okay, got it. Yeah, we don't need to worry about their finances. But it would still be silly for Microsoft to purchase the rights to these games to be put on Game Pass in perpetuity. Netflix isn't hurting for cash but they are still not renewing every show and they don't promise that movies or tv shows will stay on the service forever. It wouldn't make sense. And I think Microsoft does curate the lineup to an extent so in that case it makes sense to rotate things out.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
OP should be retitled realistic suggestions to Game Pass.

Mine is simple, all or at least most of the games on xcloud. Downloading games is still a time-sink.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
Get some Ubisoft and EA games even though they have their own thing. Assassins Creed Origins could actually help them sell Valhalla. This should be a thing.

Oct 28, 2017
I'd give it a yearly sub at a reasonable price. Also all games on the service would be playable online at the base sub like PS Now. No Ultimate required to play multiplayer for anything on Gamepass.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Honestly, the only thing I'd change would be to change the quest system so it automatically turns in completed quests. I don't really engage with that feature much, and it's really irritating that I'm asked to launch a separate app to redeem completed quests when I happen to launch a game.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Have some indication of how long games will remain on the service day one, so gamers can prioritize what to play first.

And maybe have a higher tier which includes the Ubisoft and EA subscriptions services.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Make it available through Steam or, at the very least, ditch the distribution through the Microsoft Store and implement downloading and installing games through the app.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
I'd like more backwards compatible and OG Xbox games. Also any game published by Microsoft should be on it by default. Games like Blue Dragon still arent on the service.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Charge a lot more money for it. The way people complain on this forum about how don't think it's profitable or whatever then Microsoft should just jack up the price to make them happy.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
raise the price and put every single release on it

lol

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
I feel like this is the thread of pipe dreams because Gamepass is strong enough already that any suggested improvements would seem unlikely

However, it's clear certain publishers have deals across their range of older releases.

After seeing Ace combat, Tekken 7 wasn't too surprising, then neither was Soul Calibur. Knowing who actually had deals (even if we don't know what they actually plan on bringing) would be great.

Also just more prominence to indies, there's some truly outstanding but overlooked indies on there.

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
The only thing I think it really needs is a better 1st party output from MS. Getting them all day and date is awesome, but until they're able to churn out must play type games regularly the value, for me, is diminished considerably

Nov 8, 2017
Add secondary add ons for Origin Premier and Uplay+. Expand the library with other publishers that also have subscription services.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
- Drop the online paywall for consoles
- Improve the Game Pass app for PC
- Make an effort to add the back catalogue of studios that have been purchased. Would be great to have all of Double Fine's games on there for example

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Game Pass Ultimate owners get the Ultimate (or whatever it's called) version of first party games.

That's it. Not sure what else I could realistically see being added. Stuff like being able to play them forever is just not going to happen.

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
It's a bit of a pipe dream, but Original Xbox/Xbox 360 titles also being playable on PC via Game Pass would be kind of amazing.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
  • Need more first party to keep the games coming, big and small. I like the idea of Obsidian having multiple teams, working on Grounded, Avowed, Outer Worlds, etc. So keep expanding studios, building new teams/studios, and acquiring studios
  • More social games, like 1v100
  • Better Game Pass Perks (I imagine these will get better once more first party games start dropping)
  • Improve Windows Store
  • Add a yearly subscription option that is ~$20 or so cheaper.

Oct 27, 2017
Alameda, CA
Aside from a total overhaul of the PC XBOX app, I'd love more parity between console and PC. After Control rekindled my love of the Remedyverse, I'd really like to play Quantum Break but it's only available on console right now. As it is, just have QB sitting in my Steam wishlist, waiting for a sale.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
The MS store download speed does not exceed 1 kB per second on my PC no matter what I do

So I would nuke that wretched app from this world and make something new