• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Sony seemed to never be all in on the Spidey deal with Marvel, which I attribute to the constant news about all the movies with random characters Sony was trying to give solo films to. This would seemingly hurt future storylines using those characters in the MCU. One film they did get off the ground was Venom, which to alot of people's surprise did well financially at the box office. It however killed any near future usage of Venom in the MCU.

If that didnt happen, how would you have introduced the Symbiotes and Venom into the mix?

I would have done it through the Vibranium mine in Wakanda and attaching itself to Killmonger. It fell with the asteroid and laid dormant until they dug it up.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'd have had it happen when he was on Titan. A bit of black goo that stuck to his suit. FORESHADOWING

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a) Pronounce Symbiote normally and not like a Russian bot speaking American English for the first time

b) Have Venom accidentally come to earth stowing away on the Guardians' ship.

Oct 28, 2017
I think Raimi had a good setup. JJs son is an astronaut and picks up the symbiote while in space. It's a logical sequence and is self contained in the spider man films.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Dr Strange cannot keep to himself, jumps fuck around the Universe and goes to symbiote planet, Venom attaches to cape and escapes from his New York den (of course Strange quips).
Just as it jumps out of the window it crashes into Spidey who thinks it's some bird shit or oil from construction.

Spidey goes to sleep, wakes up in black costume and Venom talking to him.

Strange tries to get it off Spidey but he likes the insane confidence/ability boost and infinite web.

Hijinks ensue and ultimately force ghost Stark convinces Peter to leave Venom behind.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
There's enough people going in and out of space to bring home some black goop, but a mix between black goop and someone trying to make a healing suit can also be done.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I'm honestly not sure, as I am still too attached to the ludicrous comic book origin where Spidey finds an alien haberdashery machine that apparently makes clothing out of evil alien goop.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
When they do Secret Wars, he would get the suit. Venom is a more useful villain to a well-established Peter Parker. He's a wrecking ball that breaks a lot of the rules the previous villains followed, which is why he was interesting in the beginning. Bringing Venom in too early is always a mistake. Bringing Venom in unconnected to Spider-Man was sheer idiocy.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Show one escaping from Knowhere out of the Collector's collection and getting on the Benatar, then attaching to Spider-Man on Titan.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1) Guardians going to the Symbiotes (Pronounced as Symbiotes) planet, but this is a small bit in their movie.
2) Secret Wars, Peter makes a costume of a weird material with the machine we saw in Far from Home, in need to defeat Doctor Doom.
3) Finally, in a Spider-Man film we met Eddie Brock (Played by Asa Butterfield) All goes down like in Spectacular Spider-Man.
4) Flash takes the Symbiote in the next Spider-Man film.

Sony wins at the Box Office. Done.