• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I was only thinking this yesterday! I would LOVE it!

Street Fighter Alpha 3 still remains my favorite fighting game of all time.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Alpha style visuals sure but it's pretty funny how long they've tiptoed around progressing the story/world past SF3 at this point.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I mean the style applied to a 3D game. SF4/5's style is pretty hideous to me.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And we know how Capcom seems very reluctant to advance the story beyond SF3, so maybe going back to the Alpha era to retell the story while incoporating some of the new elements and flesh it out, I think it has good potential.

Dear fucking god no. Street Fighter has enough problems moving forward, them going even further back would be the worst.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I would love it, but only if they really stick to the style, not try to modernize it (like Streets of Rage 4 - which is pretty good, but not perfect).
I wan't it to be pixel art :(

Feb 24, 2018
I've personally wanted a sort of Street Fighter Omega, a story about Ryu in the modern day (which would make him 56 on the 21st this Month) about his last great fight and his end as the World Warrior to become the master and teacher for the next generation, the game would also be a swan song to the other main 7 Street Fighter 2 characters and give them send offs.

It's so far in the future that it doesn't affect the main SF plot (which is still in the 90s) would allow for something new and give an opportunity to try out new things. It could also be a commentary on how fighting games have evolved.

Also in my mind Ryu only has one arm now.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
to me Alpha/Zero was essentially SF3

not that the actual SF3/third strike isn't the GOAT but would've been cool if SF4 and 5 veered a little more in that direction.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
If speaking purely visually then hell yeah, as you say in OP guilty gear but in the alpha art style. As for gameplay though I'd rather see each new SF try to be it's own thing so I feel as if having it play like the alphas it might feel like a step backwards.

What would really be awesome, if done right, would be remasters of old fighters done in the GG style

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
The only graphically disappointing Street Fighters games are SF The Movie the game and SF4.

All the other games looked amazing and I am super excited to see how SF6 drives the medium forward.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
If they go for the type of visual GGXrd has, ALpha would be perfect and it would space things out a little bit, not being a real SF6. Would realy like it!
Except if Capcom does the Arc system type of fine tuned 3d animation, they need to keep the frame numbers of their past 2d games! Those animations should be absolute top tier!

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we're just talking art style then yeah I'd like SF6 to go back and try a SIMILAR style to Alpha. I don't want them to emulate it 1:1 though, I'd rather they tried something new with it.

Wanting to move the story and characters back to Alpha though (essentially wanting an Alpha 4) is horrid and does nothing but reinforce my belief that most SF fans just want the same shit spoon fed to them every time.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer more of a SF3 look than an Alpha look. I'd be happy with this tho. I just want a 3D Ken that looks as nice as he does in Smash (without necessarily being based off SF2)

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoy all the Alpha 2 love in here.
Y'all the best.

Would love for them to take a time out and toss us alpha 4

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer a new different art style but with the same 3d cell shaded emulating 2D sprites aspect that Arc Systems has mastered.

Maybe in art style of Kinu Nishumura
mvc3-kinu.jpg

cannon-spike-capcom-art-by-kinu-nishimura.png

or
Edayan's (SSF2 Revival Style).
ssf2-by-edayan.jpg

sf2turbo-revival-ryu-and-ken-art-by-edayan.png

The Alpha series had some of the best backgrounds in fighting games, keep bringing some of those stages remixed and revamped too. Ryu's snow stage & Ken's Birthday party stages from Alpha 2 would be major.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
I would not mind a 3d style either, as long as if it is more anime looking, eg Tatsunoko vs Capcom

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I have subzero interest in a Street Fighter game animating like one of ArcSys' fighters.

The hyper anime style is take it or leave it but I'd rather Capcom continued refining their current painterly style. I'm not interested in having all fighting games looking the same either.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If they go for the type of visual GGXrd has, ALpha would be perfect and it would space things out a little bit, not being a real SF6. Would realy like it!
Except if Capcom does the Arc system type of fine tuned 3d animation, they need to keep the frame numbers of their past 2d games! Those animations should be absolute top tier!

Yes Capcom, please make the animation much worse than it currently is.

ken-sfa-hk.gif

MboFWTC.gif

It's so obvious some of you don't even play these games.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I really want that for the look, but at the same time I get the feeling the bigger casual market they want to go after isn't going to like the anime aesthetic.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes Capcom, please make the animation much worse than it currently is.

ken-sfa-hk.gif

MboFWTC.gif

It's so obvious some of you don't even play these games.

you could not be rude about this one Jett

played them all, still like the older look.

It wouldn't be objectively worse at all. The older games and Guilty Gear are still significantly better at fabric and hair than SF5, largely because that was hand animated too.

Oct 25, 2017
you could not be rude about this one Jett

played them all, still like the older look.

It wouldn't be objectively worse at all. The older games and Guilty Gear are still significantly better at fabric and hair than SF5, largely because that was hand animated too.
hair and fabrics or kicks, which is the more important thing in a fighting game...

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
hair and fabrics or kicks, which is the more important thing in a fighting game...

All I'm saying is that keeping the snap to poses style and not key frame the additional bits do lead to jank.

and if we are talking about overall look those little details do count. Cammy's wacky pigtails take me out of the game more than limited animation because limited animation is consistent Versus the smooth moves and lol hair

plus if they went the GG route they could give the fabrics the TLC as they work with every frame of the 3D model instead of just leaving it up to bones or whatever the current solution is while still making the game look fantastic.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Yeah i'd love that. I wish they'd go back to hand drawn animations because i dislike the current style.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Very much yes but I would take any big departure from V's or IV's style to be honest.