• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
10th is wake up, do school until gamestop opens. Go get my order then go home and do homework while it updates and play Destiny which will be a clusterfuck anyways.

12th wake up go to gamestop get my order. Go home update and play Souls.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I actually had some excess vacation days this year for once and with the pandemic, my wife and I aren't traveling anywhere until there's a vaccine, so I took a few days off. I only managed to get a PS5 preordered (crossing my fingers Target might get some Xbox All Access Series X stock on the 10th), so I'm hoping Amazon comes through on launch day. I plan on picking up Demons Souls day 1, which I'm hoping is the first From Software Souls game I actually get good at and finish. Other than that, I still have a ton of PS4 games in my backlog I'm looking forward to playing on PS5. I'm actually saving RDR2 for PS5, since I'm still only a few hours in and I can't wait for the fast load times to make the game not a chore to play.

Yeah I'm saving God of War and FFXV for PS5 as well.

The Bible would define it as "gluttony."
On the 10th and the 12th I will spend the first hour of work ringing out people picking up their pre-orders and I will spend the next six telling people "we are sold out", "no, I don't know when we will be getting more" and "no, we can not call you when we get more." I will then get to go home and enjoy my new consoles.

These made me laugh.

Thought it was the 19th this whole time. Guess I'll try to work from home the 12th. Glad I saw this post to remind me

Are you in the US or in Europe? Some places are getting it on the 19th.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
not sure I got school
but maybe gears 3-5
monster hunter
or Spyro lmao since that's what im playing

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I expect the Xbox Series X to arrive a few days later since I live near the north pole, but hopefully still before the weekend.

So, I'll go pick up the parcel, slowly and carefully open it up, while having screaming kids around me and wife with roll-eyes expression, remove the Xbox One X from the shelf, dust the shelf, place the new box at the same place, plug in the cables, batteries in the controller, plug in the external HDD with about 2TB BC games, set up the AVR and TV to the right HDMI port, and...

*click*
Pressing the power button, big smiling face, kids jumping in the couch screaming I should play Viva Pinata, me being grumpy I can't play a next gen game because MS forgot gamers are old enough to have kids now, start Viva Pinata and notice no difference at all except a new button on the controller.

Waiting for the kids to go to sleep...

Waaiting...

Waaaiting...

Yes!! Finally!!
Now let's start Assassin's Creed Valhalla! Time to run around as a fierce bearded macho viking with the grandma name Eivor!

Something like that šŸ˜‹

Hey now listen it's Viva Pinata okay it can't be too bad.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
I'll come home from work and hope there's a package by my door. If not, I'll do the same thing the next day...and the next day.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Hey now listen it's Viva Pinata okay it can't be too bad.
Oh it's great, and a next gen Viva Pinata would likely have me more excited than any type of Halo game they could ever make.
But... On launch day it would be nice to jump in on something slightly more new, impressive and exciting than playing a 360 game :/
It's honestly a big blunder by MS to not have something ready for families.

Last edited:

SlimCharles

Oct 30, 2017
I work in the news media and because November is the election and a tv ratings month I'm not allowed to take any days off. So I'll pick up my PS5 from GameStop and then just play after work. The weekend of the 14th I have to drive from Michigan to Chicago for my niece's birthday so I won't be able to play the first weekend.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
For me since I have a PC I'm just going with a PS5 at least to start with.

I've never gotten to be a part of a console launch before, but thankfully I've got the 11th and 12 completely off work without having to ask off those days. So it'll probably be me recruiting my brother to come pick up the system at Best Buy for some buddy system, and getting some pizza to eat while everything is downloading. Main thing I'm wondering is how soon I should be there. I imagine the actual line could be pretty long, and you bet it'll be cold. I think I'm paranoid that they end up short a pre-order or two haha. I keep checking my orders lol.

My plan is Demon's Souls right off but I might end up getting impatient for the download (I imagine Sony's servers will be thwacked) and playing Astro's playroom first instead. Demon's Souls was my first PS3 game though and my first platinum. Lowkey kind of want it to be for PS5 as well.

I've just got a table as my computer desk, and I've got a spot right behind my monitor to put the behemoth. My only worry is hoping I don't have any audio issues with my speakers, although I will have my Pulse 3D headset.

What about you era? Any traditions when getting a new console? Gamerā„¢ snacks? What's your plan for when the long, long 66GB takes forever to download, or do you have that good internet?

Good advice here.

heads up that Best Buy allocates the pre-orders before the store opens. So yours will have a sticker on it with your name. That one is specifically for you. So if they're short, you'd find out the day before when they're allocating them.Per their rules they have to hold your pre-order the standard amount of time (I think it might be a week?) before they could sell it to anyone else.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Series X and AC Valhalla coming in the mail on the 10th. Going to jump into that for a bit.

PS5 and Miles Morales+Demon's Souls+Watch Dogs Legion coming in on the 12th.

Oct 27, 2017
For the 10th that really depends on Microsoft, never ordered from there before but hopefully they ship so it arrives on that day, I'll be sitting by my window gazing out lovingly looking for the delivery man.

The 12th a 6 month pregnancy appointment in the AM for my first kid so I'll probably just pick up the ps5 from GameStop afterwards.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Oh it's great, and a next gen Viva Pinata would likely have me more excited than any type of Halo game they could ever make.
But... On launch day it would be nice to jump in on something slightly more new, impressive and exciting than playing a 360 game :/
It's honestly a big blunder by MS to not have something ready for families.

Yeah I understand. I'd set aside Beyond Light for a new Viva Pinata for sure. Seems Phil Spencer doesn't seem to care much for the franchise tho :/

heads up that Best Buy allocates the pre-orders before the store opens. So yours will have a sticker on it with your name. That one is specifically for you. So if they're short, you'd find out the day before when they're allocating them.Per their rules they have to hold your pre-order the standard amount of time (I think it might be a week?) before they could sell it to anyone else.

Oh really? So like straight up Chettlar's serial number is this box. That's cool. Wonder if I should even bother being in line then. Might go get some hot chocolate instead then.

Man Best Buy really seems to have been the best. I'm glad I went with them. No worries about waiting for delivery or delays and I was actually able to use their site.

Seems they are doing early accessories too! Get my pulse headset on the 30th :D

For the 10th that really depends on Microsoft, never ordered from there before but hopefully they ship so it arrives on that day, I'll be sitting by my window gazing out lovingly looking for the delivery man.

The 12th a 6 month pregnancy appointment in the AM for my first kid so I'll probably just pick up the ps5 from GameStop afterwards.

Ah shit congrats.

Series X and AC Valhalla coming in the mail on the 10th. Going to jump into that for a bit.

PS5 and Miles Morales+Demon's Souls+Watch Dogs Legion coming in on the 12th.

Think Xbox will probably be your third party machine again this time around?

PS5 in EU is out Nov 19th - fix the thread title to be more inclusive !!

I know! I totally forgot that I'm so sorry. Had some humorous answers to that tho.

Xeonidus

ā€œFuck them kids.ā€
Oct 28, 2017
If all goes well my PS5 should be delivered on the 12th but I have work. I need to complete report cards for my classes which shouldn't take too long as those are due the following Monday. If I can get that out of the way early I'll be staying up late Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to play after the kids go to sleep.

Bought a 4k monitor last week in preparation. It's currently hooked up to my PC and setting on my TV bench which I also use as my computer desk. PS5 will go right beside it on the desk. I'll probably be putting the PS4 away for now.

My plan is to start with Astroboy's Playroom then move on to Demon's Souls. After that I might check out Godfall depending on reviews. Can't wait!

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Think Xbox will probably be your third party machine again this time around?
For the vast majority, most likely. I'm anticipating third party games looking and running better, if not equal to PS5. At the same time there's been a few instances where titles on the PS4 Pro sometimes run better than the X so I'll probably wait for Digital Foundry analyses a lot too.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
If all goes well my PS5 should be delivered on the 12th but I have work. I need to complete report cards for my classes which shouldn't take too long as those are due the following Monday. If I can get that out of the way early I'll be staying up late Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to play after the kids go to sleep.

Bought a 4k monitor last week in preparation. It's currently hooked up to my PC and setting on my TV bench which I also use as my computer desk. PS5 will go right beside it on the desk. I'll probably be putting the PS4 away for now.

My plan is to start with Astroboy's Playroom then move on to Demon's Souls. After that I might check out Godfall depending on reviews. Can't wait!

What monitor'd you go with?

For the vast majority, most likely. I'm anticipating third party games looking and running better, if not equal to PS5. At the same time there's been a few instances where titles on the PS4 Pro sometimes run better than the X so I'll probably wait for Digital Foundry analyses a lot too.

Yeah makes sense. I wasn't going to get a Series X, but I might end up going for the all access thing once my ultimate sub runs out. Just do that instead of upgrading my GPU. I'm thinking in a few years I might see about just rebuilding my PC like when DDR5 and shit comes out. I mostly do Destiny 2 on my PC and my 1060 is holding up just fine.

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
A week later for us UK folks. Nothing special...will await Amazon to deliver...Install DS and SM and debating whether to play Cyberpunk now or wait for next gen patch. Interested in Valhalla also after recent footage. I WAS interested in WD but the recent footage has put me off for now. Will see how the reviews go.

Last edited:

Ether

Oct 28, 2017
Took that Tuesday - Friday off, I have a ton of PTO so why not. I'm ready for binging my ass off that week.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm off on the 10th, working on the 12th. I'm hyped for the systems, but I can wait until my days off to play, I originally was planning on taking a week off, but changed my mind on that.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Took the 10th and the 11th off.

So probably spend the 10th praying my Series S actually gets delivered on time and then spending the whole day downloading stuff. I was going to jump into MCC first but that update on the 17th...

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
A long time of waiting, followed by a long time of updating and downloading. Maybe 30 minutes of gameplay before sleep.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
On day of launch I'll be waiting another week because I live where there be dragons and nothing is on time and no retailer respects their customers in the slightest.

timerhyme

Apr 19, 2018
Most likely spend the 10th waiting for the console and continuing with work. May then take the 11th off so I can have a nice full day with the system. Have Yakuza like a dragon coming on the 10th so will binge that.. And gamepass, first xbox console in over a decade so plenty of games to check out there!

Type422

Nov 28, 2017
Got my last exam of medschool on the 10th. Gladly I only preordered a PS5 with it's release on the 19th here in Germany. Got free time December 15th, so I'll juggle my time between between Valhalla, Demon's Souls and Cyberpunk...and maybe a little bit of CoD :D

hydruxo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming my PS5 comes on launch day then I'll unbox it, set it up, and then start installing some PS4 games on there like Destiny 2, Genshin Impact, and Ghost of Tsushima. Then in the meantime I'll pop in Miles Morales and/or Demon's Souls and play both of them all day. Other than I'm just going to try out a bunch of different PS4 games to see the improvements since I'm coming from a base PS4 with a normal HDD. I'm honestly almost as excited for Destiny 2 with SSD loading times as I am for any of the new games haha. Can't wait.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
12 is my birthday and taking some Time off for that anyway. We will see if my bundle arrives in time so I can hate play two hours of destruction all stars then trade it in

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing really. Because the majority of the world has to wait until November 19th.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Didn't preorder an XBOX because I have a high end PC but I'll probably grab one to replace my X anyway.

As far as PS5 goes, I ordered it for delivery so I will probably play Yakuza 7 on PC until it's delivered. Once it's delivered, I'll probably hook it up, poke around the menus, check out the store, play Astro and Destruction All Stars for a few and maybe some Sackboy with the girlfriend if I end up buying it. After a couple of hours, I'll end up playing Warzone on PC for most of the night because that game has taken over since release and the PS5 will most likely begin the dust collecting process until exclusives that I'm interested in are released.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i promised to give that ps5 to my nephews so i'll be doing nothing special. hoping i can somehow find a ps5 but i doubt i will since i won't be going to random stores to see if they have any in stock due to covid.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Booked the 10th off work.
Going to Smyth's toystore to collect 2 XSX then head to my son's house to set his up whilst he's at school.
Then it's back to mine to set mine up then install destiny 2 before beyond light launches.

reelbigeddy

Nov 16, 2017
UK
Expectation - console arrives early, play Yakuza until the early hours.

Reality - console doesn't arrive until like late afternoon, by which point I'm busy doing chores before going back to work the next day. Possibly unbox and set it up.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
"People getting consoles at launch, what does your day look like on the 10th and 12th?"
Us, Europeans:
tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I have to work on the 19th and the 20th. Though only for a couple of hours on Friday, so I'll try to spend as much time setting up my PS5 as possible.

Mr_Parrot

Oct 29, 2017
Athens Greece
Hey from Greece. I already payed for Series X and PS5. I will wake up early in the morning, drink a cup or hot coffee, go to the store to pick up my consoles with Valhalla, Miles, Cyberpunk, Demon's soul, a psn card, a charging station and a battery pack for Series X.

Sweet November šŸ˜Ž

Khaos Kontrol

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Didn't get a pre-order, so will try camping out on the 9th somewhere to try and score a XSX. Taking the 10th off if work and playing all day. Will start with Cold War and then see whats on Gamepass.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Wake up, go to work, trying my best to ignore all hype tweets about the new consoles and especially Demon's Souls streams, wait in agony until the 19th and ask myself why Sony couldn't release the PS5 on the 12th in Europe as well. ;___;

(The same deal on the 19th only that my Amazon delivery with the PS5 arrives on time so that I get to hook up and play it on the evening)

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Unless we have a surprise stock arriving, Spain won't be getting almost any consoles so...a pretty normal day here.
IF I get one: since I still have 13 days off work for this year (perks of being MD during a pandemic, i guess), I had thought of asking 1-2 to rush DeS and start with TLoU2, Mortal Shell and Godfall.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it's probably going to take me a few weeks to get the motivation to do the cable management properly so until then they'll sit in the box.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Work til 5. Maybe bring it to the office if it's empty like it has been and set it up in the back to start downloaded updates and moving software from the external to internal if it's SX enhanced.
Go home, wait for the kids to go to bed and then dig into it.

If the kids were in actual school and not home, and if the destiny expansion was next gen ready on D1 I might have stayed hone.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Go to work, wait for delivery, sneakily set up consoles under my work desk, go home, plug in, ignore family.

Oct 14, 2019
Releases here in Singapore on the 19th, so hopefully will arrive that day. I have a pre-order direct with Sony Singapore and they have guaranteed that all orders with them are for launch day, so I'm assuming it'll arrive then or at the latest the 20th.

Funnily enough, I've ordered all my accessories and games from the US however (I prefer having this region), so it'll most likely end up with me having everything but the console from around the 14th November until the 19th. Ah well, it'll be fun to stare at them!

However, when the console arrives I plan to install Miles Morales and Demon's Souls (disc versions), while checking out Astro Bot. Will probably give each a try for 60 minutes or so and then pick one to play until completion. Evenings will be spent playing Sackboy co-op with my partner - which I'm super excited for! Also picked up Yakuza, but I'll most likely not tackle that until I've made my way through the PS5 games.

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
My day on launch day:.
1. Usual day until I get back from work.
2. Unbox and set up PS5.
3. Install varios games I purchased.
Play said game for an hour each.

Oct 7, 2020
Italy
Hoping for a swift delivery on the 19. At that point I'll have had Demon's Souls with me for a week and I'll get Cyberpunk with the PS5. I'll enjoy the unboxing and start playing with Astrobot while I download all the updates for DS/CP2077 and some PS4 games from the PS+ collection (hoping for some PS+ PS5 freebies too).