• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Fuck taking a day off, my holidays are precious and for travelling.

PS5 - Install it and download Demon's Souls will working from home, play it in the evening along with my PS4 backlog

XBX X - I'm still trying to decide whether to stick with my pre-order as there is nothing for me on launch day except for Yakuza 7 and I'll want to finish my Yakuza backlog first. New toys are tempting though.

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
Unboxing my PS5. Trying to figure where to put it. Checking the Pulse headset. And playing Demon's Souls all night long...

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
I will receive a Series X from mail and I will pick up on series S for my sister.
First I will configure the two consoles, as a First time Xbox owner I will explore the UI. Install games from the game pass for me and my sister/nephew the tastes are way distant.
I Pretend to explore the xbox franchisings Forza Horizon, Halo and Gears. I would like to start from gears 5 because of the enhancements but I have to play from the saga start. My first games will be probably Wastland 3, Gears 1 and wolfenstein 2.

I will be working from home, so 10 November will be a bad worker.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Going to play Assassins' Creed on XSX check out Forza and Gears.
I think I am going to sell my PS5 on Ebay.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Series X - If Amazon gives me a launch day unit I'm a happy man. Have one pre-ordered on Microsoft as well but I don't get the 5% back or have the $100 Amazon Prime Card cash I put towards it. Hope to hear from them soon. Either way I'm canceling one.

No new games. Just my GamePass Ultimate sub which I'm feeling happy about.

PS5 - Target. I'll probably get it a few days after launch date. Demon Souls is the only title I have on pre-order. This will probably change come Black friday.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wake up in the morning, go to the store and hope I get an XSX. If I do I'll probably download a small game like the Touryst, Tetris Effect or Minecraft to play while I download Forza Horizon 4. Next-up is Gears 5 then.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
The PS4 release day, picked it up and went to work with it. Long day, staring at the bag with the console inside.

This year, working at home due to Covid. I plan to walk to the store (as long as it's open, the Government are threatening to close non essential stores again) either at midnight or early AM and pick up the PS5 along with Sackboy. I'll have Miles Morales and the new headset delivered. Probably set it up during work ready to go once I've finished for the day.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Lot's and lots and lots of downloading/updating. Hope PS/MS servers are ready for the load...we are all going to have to update our consoles, then download our games and in some instances get patches as well for games..not only day 1 patches for new games, for any games getting BC enhancements as well.

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
I'm going to take the day off while looking sad at my window until Amazon decides to show up while I occasionally F5 ResetEra to see everyone posting pictures of them getting the PS5 early.

ItsJonesy777

Oct 25, 2017
Finish work early the day before launch to trade in my PS4 Pro, games etc at EB. Up early for pick-up of the PS5 (if no midnight launch) on launch morning and grab a coffee on the way to EB and then stand in line waiting for all those who didn't bother trading in early and decided to do it on launch day to piss everyone off.

Grab my console and head home, unbox it and set it all up and update anything that's required. Attach my external SSD and insert each of my PS4/5 disc purchases to install those while the first game I play will likely be Astro's Playroom right through to completion (based on the 4-5hrs) playtime. I'll likely follow that up with Destruction AllStars which I and a few mates are grabbing and finish off the day/night with some Miles Morales.

I've also taken a week off from launch day!

* This is all subject to change depending on wife, children and family commitments.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Likely waiting a for a delivery that will not arrive until a week later. 😭 There is not a store that sells them within 200km of here.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 launches on a Thursday, so I'm gonna be taking Friday and Monday off for a nice 4 day weekend.

The Walmart I did my preorder with is a block away from work so on my way home for that day I'll be able to pick it up and start my weekend.

I'm gonna get Miles Morales and Spidey Remastered at launch, then probably AC Valhalla in December. Otherwise I have a ton of PS4 games I'd like to revisit to see if they made any improvements. I still haven't beat God of War so might jump into that one.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
I did not take the day off, as I didn't get an in-store preorder. Besides, kind of weird with it being on a Tuesday and all. Anyway, ill be working from home like I do every Tuesday, so I'll just wait for the UPS guy. When it gets here, I'll set it up and plug in my external hdd. I'll start the downloads for Tetris Effect and Gears Tactics while I boot up some Forza Horizon 4 to check out the new enhancements.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I am still trying to finalize where to put my PS5. Does anyone know the depth of the unit? I want to stand it up, but my entertainment unit is not very deep, but it has one of those thin wood looking backer that I can easily cut out to ensure the hot air vents out...but need to know the depth of it to know for sure if it would work.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Gonna work, put my cat's master chief helmet on his head, order taco bell on door dash a half hour before im off, then proceed to play gears tactics for a very very long time.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I've got the day off and I'm picking up my PS5 and copy of Miles Morales in store. Demon's Souls is getting delivered, so hopefully it won't be too long afterwards.

I expect the first day is going to be taken up with a lot of downloading patches and updates and such, though.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Got a bunch of leave I need to use so have decided to book some leave from work. Gonna be off from the 19th to the 29th so got plenty of time to get through stuff.

Gonna pick up my ps5, Spider-Man ultimate edition and demon's souls from my local shop and trade in my PS4 pro. Will also have Cyberpunk being delivered since that was paid for a while back.

Gonna transfer some PS4 games over and then play astro. After that I'm not sure which ones I'm gonna play next since I can't wait to play all of them.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm not sure yet .... debating taking a couple days off to have a 5 day weekend (November 11th is already a paid holiday for Remembrance Day but it does fall in the middle of the week) but I'm also worried I won't actually get the PS5 until possibly the Monday after the weekend. I've got almost 2 weeks of vacation left to use up in 2 months since travel is pretty much impossible so I should use it for something. Picking up Marvels Spider-Man Miles Morales Ultimate Edition and demon souls I think .... might even grab physical copies just to have something to look at while I wait for Intelcom to show up. I'm excited , I haven't gotten a launch Sony console since the Vita so hopefully things work out.

Oct 25, 2017
Probably play Sea of Thieves and Monhun World for a week on the XSX, then have the ps5 come in just in time for me starting Hyrule Warriors.

stuckpixel

Dec 27, 2017
I'll work from home as usual, but keep an eye out for the delivery truck. When it arrives I'll sneak out of the house and sign for it then put the box in the garage. After the kids go to sleep, I'll pull it from the garage and stash it in the closet until Christmas Eve.

My son is turning eight soon and my daughter is five. This might be the last Christmas where they both believe in Santa. I want a legendary Christmas gift under the tree this year. 😊

Jul 26, 2018
I wish I knew which carrier MS Store uses in the US. Also, I'm hoping they'll send an email with an ETA when they ship, here's hoping I'll get it on the 10th. I've got a big deadline on the 16th but I'll try and take half a day off on the day it arrives (mail usually arrives in the afternoon).

Jul 26, 2018
I'll work from home as usual, but keep an eye out for the delivery truck. When it arrives I'll sneak out of the house and sign for it then put the box in the garage. After the kids go to sleep, I'll pull it from the garage and stash it in the closet until Christmas Eve.

My son is turning eight soon and my daughter is five. This might be the last Christmas where they both believe in Santa. I want a legendary Christmas gift under the tree this year. 😊
OMG if this was Twitch I'd throw all my bits at you for trying so hard to be an awesome parent!!!!

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I've moved to the other side of the country, away from my 4K TV. So I'll be waiting till new year to play my PS5 :(

ptkrm

Oct 27, 2017
YUL/MCBO
As i am permanently working from home, day will be: me with my laptop sitting in front of the window waiting for Series X

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Trip to Disney earlier this year fell through and I have 29 days of holiday so I'll be taking the 18th-27th as paid holidays from work. I can get everything done on the 18th in terms of housekeeping, grocery shopping and the like. 19th is launch day for PS5 here in the UK. I get to enjoy Spider-Man: Miles Morales (for the second time, most likely!), Remastered and Demon's Souls... whilst hovering over Destruction: AllStars in the PlayStation Store, going back and forth on whether to buy or not.

RGR6

Oct 6, 2020
I have the day before off as a stat holiday (Remembrance Day). Day of, since I'm WFH right now is working and hoping it comes during the day so I can set it up on my lunch break otherwise when my wife goes to get the kids from school, I'll move my laptop upstairs so I don't miss the delivery and then just wait and wait. Only other plans are explore the system, play Astro and save miles for Friday night through the weekend when I have enough time in the evening to really sink into the whole thing.

I'll probably make a ton of snacks for Friday, have a nice beer and maybe Some scotch as geek out

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I've taken two days of work and I'll play between thursday - sunday. I've gotten two PS5s, and pre-ordered an extra Dualsense, charging stand, Godfall, Miles, Souls, Sackboy and Destruction.
Aside from that I've saved FFVIIR, Avengers and Spiritfarer too.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I don't know exactly when my XSX will arrive (most likely last week of November, but it could be the first of December as well), so I can't really plan anything. Still, in a purely symbolic gesture, the first game I'll run on it will be Fallout: New Vegas, and then I'm gonna play a bit with Auto HDR in a bunch of BC games. I've been relatively unaware of the launch day lineup and can't say I care too much about it. I just want to clear my backlog with quicker loadtimes and improved performance before jumping into next gen games.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Since it's a Thursday I won't be able to do much, will install the games I'm getting and some BC ones I guess. Will mess around with the settings and all, basically getting it ready for Friday night and the whole weekend.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I chose mail delivery (in europe) so I will wait and hope for it to arrive. And it probably won't be on day one.
But I took the next week off :-)

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I'm taking some months off until february. I've got fired and that's the month that my money ends.
I'll wait for the delivery man.
I'm getting a Series S, so I'm probably going to play Halo 5 first. Skipped the Xbox One because of the E3 2013 fiasco.
No snacks while I play, I hate dirty controllers.

Oct 25, 2017
For PS5, I'll be lamenting that it's still sold out everywhere and wondering when I'll finally be able to get one.
For the Series X, I'll be in awe that I actually won one from Taco Bell, and then, realizing I don't have any games for it, I'll probably boot up one of my Xbone backlog games.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I probably won't get it on launch day due to my current location and shipping but when i do, it'll likely be Cyberpunk or Yakuza on Series X and Demon's Souls on PS5. I don't plan to take a day off or do anything special though.

FaviousM

Aug 20, 2020
Taken the day off for Series X as out of the two it's the more likely to actually arrive launch day (ordered through MS who use UPS for shipping here). I've taken PS5 launch day and the day after off as that order is through Gamestop and I expect more issues with that. May not matter at all though as my country is looking down the barrel of another serious lockdown so that may screw up any deliver plans in place atm

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX
I've got two weeks off backed up against Thanksgiving. I have a pre-order for both, but will likely roll with the PS5, and pick up Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Black Ops and Assassin's Creed. First game? Astro.

I'm SO excited.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
Launch day of ps5 I'll work until 5pm, order thru Amazon so it should be here by 6pm, also ordered miles, just gonna set up for a small gaming session, will be going game Friday-Sunday that weekend

Nayeon

Oct 29, 2017
bought a 2nd Dual Sense just in case I rage too hard at Demon's Souls which is prolly all I'll be playing on November 19th. Will play WD Legions or Spidey the day after. Having both days off is going to be glorious.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Assuming i get both XSX/PS5 at launch:

10th November - maybe buy Watch Dogs Legion for Xbox and play that. nothing too exciting.

19th November - I'll buy Cyberpunk for Xbox. PS5 will be stuck in the cupboard until whenever I finish Cyberpunk. I plan on doing at least 3 playthroughs of it. Maybe in 2021 I'll unbox the PS5 and buy Demons Souls for it.

I'll play Cyberpunk on the thursday but I will need to get some sleep for work on friday. I'm gonna be off the 23rd to 27th so will be playing it as much as possible.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
i cant take the day off so ill have to wait till it arroves at home then get off work provided shipping goes smoothly, spend the night installing everything then next day play. o do have the following day sceduled off so it'll be 2 days of PS5 goodness

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Europe here and it'll be extremely muted for PS5 because everything is a known quantity already thanks to the head start of North America.
Add to that that the Cyberpunk CE is arriving the same day and that'll distract even more.
Honestly, if there was a guarantee to be able to get the console towards the end of the year I could and I would wait.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All depends on if I stay at my current job or not. My rotating schedule has me off that Thursday and Friday. If I happen to get an offer for this other job, I'll be working. If I decide to leave my current job because I can't stand it anymore, I'll be off. So 2/3 scenarios, I'll be off for the PS5 launch.

psionotic

May 29, 2019
Waiting outside Best Buy at 9:55am to pick up Demon's Souls and Valhalla, then home watching the delivery trucks while fervently praying that Sprawlmart doesn't do me wrong.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I have a Xbox series x preordered but I really want a ps5 instead! And I don't hve a preorder :(

farcrysam

Prophet of Regret
Nov 1, 2017
Going to receive both my Xbox Series X and PS5 on Nov 12 Thursday thru Delivery. Going to take Thursday and Friday off from work for a nice four day long weekend. Most likely I'll be grinding destiny 2 Beyond light while I'm waiting. Spiderman Miles morales will definitely be my first next GEN game to play.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
My ps5 being delivered on the 12 but the day before is Remembrance day in Canada. I hope Bestbuy accounts for that. I teach and that day is early dismissal so teachers can do report cards. I'm going to try to get all my work done before to have the weekend free. Demon's Souls will likely be my first game and I'll wait for reviews for Godfall. I'll pick up Mikes Morales a bit later and also play through some games in the PSPlus collection that I missed out on like Detroit Become Human and Days Gone. Excited!

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT Man I'm sorry guys I totally forgot not every region gets their consoles that week.

===

For me since I have a PC I'm just going with a PS5 at least to start with.

I've never gotten to be a part of a console launch before, but thankfully I've got the 11th and 12 completely off work without having to ask off those days. So it'll probably be me recruiting my brother to come pick up the system at Best Buy for some buddy system, and getting some pizza to eat while everything is downloading. Main thing I'm wondering is how soon I should be there. I imagine the actual line could be pretty long, and you bet it'll be cold. I think I'm paranoid that they end up short a pre-order or two haha. I keep checking my orders lol.

My plan is Demon's Souls right off but I might end up getting impatient for the download (I imagine Sony's servers will be thwacked) and playing Astro's playroom first instead. Demon's Souls was my first PS3 game though and my first platinum. Lowkey kind of want it to be for PS5 as well.

I've just got a table as my computer desk, and I've got a spot right behind my monitor to put the behemoth. My only worry is hoping I don't have any audio issues with my speakers, although I will have my Pulse 3D headset.

What about you era? Any traditions when getting a new console? Gamer™ snacks? What's your plan for when the long, long 66GB takes forever to download, or do you have that good internet?

Personal advice for people getting it delivered and you work from home: take the NEXT day off. Not the day it's being delivered. I took delivery day off in 2013 and the console didn't arrive until 7pm that night. I ended up taking a day off to stare out the window for 12 hours and then ruined my next work day by staying up extremely late.

Good advice here.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Start playing when it's delivered. Feel disgusted at the end of the day when I inevitably haven't gotten any work done.

Last edited: