• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CarbonCrush

Oct 27, 2017
Are you taking the day off?

Will you be picking up your pre-order in store or waiting for the deliveryman?

What game will you pop-in first?

What snacks will you have at the ready?

Let's all fantasise together and make the wait a bit more bearable.

Deleted member 2441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First time not lining up for a new console launch when I bought one.

Going to be waiting not so patiently for the delivery. My Xbox will arrive a couple days late most likely, but PS5 should be there on launch day. Have the Thursday and Friday off.

I fucking love new console days.

aerach71

Sep 25, 2018
Ireland
I have the day, day after and Monday after booked off work, but it looks like my country will be locked down at launch now so no idea if I'll be getting the console until December

Nov 3, 2017
So I wake up to my dog barking at the postman, I accept the box, it's big OH SHIT IT'S THAT NEW CONSOLE I ORDERED
I go for a piss, let my dog out for one too
I take my anti depressants & my hayfever tablets
Maybe make some bran flakes

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
MY launch day almost certainly won't be THE launch day since my orders never really get here day one.

BUT I'll probably go out that day and get some actual games to have on hand for when my PS5 does show up. not sure which. I'll also have Dirt 5 ready to go, but still waiting for the PS5 version to release/upgrade.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It depends if I am able to get the day off on the xbox launch i'll be picking up the console and setting it up if not I will go as soon as work is done, same with PS5 launch me and my wife will go and pick it up and i'll set mine up once work is done.

New Console launches are always exciting.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Still waiting to see about using vacation time as I have it to spend and won't be going anywhere but am getting the consoles shipped to me so until I have a concrete date I'm not sure.

As far as once they arrive, I think I'm getting Yakuza physical so probably install that while I download some of my library and then go through that to see any enhancements/Auto HDR.

PS5 Digital Edition I will just start messing around with Astro Bot and play that while Spider-Man and Demon's Souls download and then just rotate between those 3/4 I think depending on the mood.

Oct 27, 2017
Taking 11/11-11/15 off. Can't wait.

getting Souls, Miles, and Bugsnax. Will probably play WD Legion too on it. I will probably play Souls first tho since it's next gen only

just hoping GameStop does an early release

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Wake up in the morning. Do my online classes for the day. Game for pretty much the rest of the day except to study for a bit. Take my anti-depressants and go to sleep.

Rinse, wash, repeat for the entire week.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Don't think I can justify taking both days off, but I'm picking my PS5 up after work and playing late, taking Friday off unless one my clients has an emergency. Jumping straight into Spidercat.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Popping in Valhalla on my Series X.

Jumping right into Demon's Souls and Miles Morales on PS5 two days later.

Feb 1, 2018
My series S is coming from bestbuy hopefully around launch day, already have a spot for it under my monitor stand as well as an external SSD i put together with an enclosure and m.2 SATA drive leftover from another PC build. Will be spending a nice afternoon installing games and seeing how it performs on a 1440p75hz monitor.

PS5 is coming from target a few days later, but don't have a TV for it yet so it's probably gonna stay boxed for a while lol

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I took the entire week off for my series X. I'll be waiting for the delivery man =( and will download AC: Valhalla as my first game to try. Once that's done I'll start playing while Yakuza like a dragon downloads/installs and then download all the Optimized games that I've beaten but I'm interested to see overnight (The Gears 5s, the Gears Tactics and the like)

NeonDelta

Sep 29, 2020
Will probably book the day after launch off. I have a week or so off a bit later in November too.

working from home so on launch day I'll probably have a late or early lunch break depending on when it's delivered and p;any for an hour or so.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Have no idea. All my stuff is deliveries and I don't think I can even take those days off. I have kids in school so I'm gonna rely on them, because someone will be home until I get home from work. I just possibly secured a Series X pre order this morning. I'm done now.

PS5 accessories 10/30
Series X Nov 10
PS5 Nov 12

I do need a couple of Series controllers. I can't find my XBO controller anywhere. It might be broke anyway, lol.

Glassjaw

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not even confident that Amazon will deliver both my systems to me on the launch days. I am taking Thurs off in case I have both systems.

But yeah trying out Valhalla and the updated Gears 5 on the X and Demon Souls and Spiderman on the 5. Even though I owned Spiderman I never played it so getting to go through it should be fun.

Last edited:

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I have a Series S and Series X preordered as well as 3 additional controllers. I have both systems preorder with Microsoft so thinking that guarantees day 1 delivery but I do have a backup Series X preorder at Amazon and a backup Series S preorder at Target.
I'm going to spend the first day carefully creating my accounts to make sure that everyone in the house can play together.
I will probably order a lot of takeout that week so my wife can play with us instead of cooking.

I do not plan to purchase any games. I have 3 years of Gamepass already prepaid.

Series S
Location - Living Room (This is the family system)
First Day - I will be downloading the following off of Gamepass and playing with my wife and kids all day.

Fuzion Frenzy
Death Squared
Golf with Your Friends
Overcooked 2
Tekken 7
Soul Calibur 6
Totally Reliable Delivery Service
Goat Simulator
Tetris Effect: Connected

Series X
Location - Basement (aka My game room)
First Day - I will be downloading a few of the Xbox Series X optimized games on Game Pass and playing all night. I'll probably check these out on day 1 (I didn't own an Xbox One so these are all new to me)

Gears 5
Forza Horizon 4
Gears Tactics
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine myself waiting for the deliveryman and it not coming until Friday or the following monday. :/

Hopefully Best Buy will let me know by the 12th when it's going to arrive so I don't have to sit staring out the window with a single tear rolling down my cheek.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
n64-kid.jpg

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thankfully I'll have the launch day off.

I'll be playing Astro while Demon's Souls, Miles and Sackboy download.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna tell UPS/Fed Ex to hold my PS5 instead of fucking around waiting on delivery. I'll go pick it up bright and early and play Miles Morales and The Last of Us Part II all day, probably.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Already working from home due to the pandemic.

My pre-orders are both being delivered to my door.

I've already got over 60 Xbox games across multiple generations downloaded to an external HDD to plug into the Series X on launch day lol.

There will be plenty of snacks for sure, probably not a lot of cooking.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
I've booked Thursday and Friday off for the UK launch and just hope Amazon delivers the PS5 and 3D pulse early but it is usually mid afternoon!

I'll probably buy AC Vallhana on disc even though I normally never spend more than £$15 on a digital game but can't wait for the prices to drop, I will also revisit older PS4 games for the improvements.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
My partners birthday is the day after PS5 launch which is putting me in a weird spot. My tentative plan is to make the week/weeks leading up to her birthday great so that when launch day hits I've done most of the things and given her the full attention she deserves. Then on her actual birthday it wont be so bad when I play Miles and when we coop Sackboy :D

Unless this blows up in my face lmao

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Popping in Valhalla on my Series X.

Jumping right into Demon's Souls and Miles Morales on PS5 two days later.

This! Except replace Valhalla with Watch Dogs. Might get Valhalla if reviews are great though! And I play to check out Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, and FH4, as well as Gears Tactics just to see how they look. Will definitely check out Tetris Effect, too!

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Pretty excited for sure

XSX
-Yakuza

PS5
-Demon souls
-Spiderman
-Sackboy

PC
-Watch Dogs
-Cyberpunk

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Normally I'd take off but the hype isn't that crazy for me at the moment. MAYBE if xbox still had Halo at launch but as it stands, really nothing day 1 I'm eager to play.

Same with PS5 although I am hoping Godfall turns out to be good, that game is looking pretty awesome so far.

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
Got the week off. Maybe also tag on an extra week (only had a few days off over the last six months). Demon's Souls wiil be consumed first. Still deciding on dessert.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
There's really nothing to play on the Xbox day 1 so I will probably just set it up and get it ready for Cyberpunk coming out the week after

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Possibly just checking the sent status from Amazon to see they have arrived, lol. Also I hope Target comes through with a B2G1 kinda deal in November.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully my Series X arrives on launch day.
I'll be taking my OneX to GameStop to trade in to finish paying off my PS5.
I'll probably continue to play the same games I was playing on that One X.

Getting PS5 on launch and will be playing a shit ton of Demon Souls and Spiderman

Should be fine until Call of duty and Cyber punk come out for Series X.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Working from home.

Will jump right into some Game Pass games when the Series X arrives on the 12th (really want to play Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Ori and Wasteland 3).

On the 19th (PS5 UK release date) I will be juggling between Demon's Souls, Spiderman MM and Cyberpunk 2077 (on the X).

I genuinely think the 19th might be the most packed day in terms of releases I can remember. I have the week afterwards booked off.

ChillWinston

Oct 27, 2017
I'm off work on November 10th. I'll probably unpack my Series X, get signed in aaaaaand that's about it really. I'm thinking of picking up Valhalla depending on reviews. If I don't buy that Cyberpunk will probably be the first thing I play on it. It's a sign of where we are with the new consoles I guess, but there's nothing really I'll be desperate to do/play on launch day itself.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I took the day off for the launch of last gen and my console didn't arrive until like 7pm that night. With things kicking off on a Tuesday this gen I'll likely just work (from home) and patiently await the arrival of my Series X. I'll probably spend the first night booting it up, getting the positioning right on my entertainment center, messing around in settings and menus, and then finally making sure my C9 has the right settings. Download a few games before calling it a night and then playing the next day during lunch and after work. I'll maybe take that Friday off, that way I can cruise into a 3-day weekend of non-stop gaming.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I ordered online I'm not expecting to get it on launch day, but whenever it does arrive I'll probably check out Astro first.

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
the intention was to have enhanced versions of Destiny 2 Beyond Light to play on Series X, and Avengers on PS5.

both just got delayed. So now??

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
16896929.jpg

Hopefully not too long.
Then: installing some Game Pass-games, Watch Dogs and AC Valhalla.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Assuming I'm able to get one of the systems on launch day, I'll take the day off from work. I'll get some snacks and food. Turn my work email off and enable vibration mode.

If I get a series X I'll probably try a whole bunch of games out. I've got a ton of BC titles that I want to play or replay.

If I get a PS5 I'll play around with the controller a lot to see if I like it. After that I'll check out The Last of Us 2. As much as I'd like to try out Demon's Souls or Miles Morales, I really want to see what TLOU2 looks like on PS5.

And if I get neither system then I guess I'll be at work until the new controller is delivered.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if I'm going to take the time off yet but if I do what I'll do is try and distract myself for the day while waiting for the PS5 to arrive. I'll also make sure to take the stack of games I want to install and put them (and a blanket) into the room where it will go. Once it arrives (really hoping it'll be early in the morning) I'll bring it upstairs to the main TV (and it's home), unbox it, and set it up. Sign in and get my account on there, then start downloading the digital games, while exploring the UI. Then chances are I'll curl up on the couch (with the blanket) and start a digital game while I keep installing physical games.

If I'm working that day it'll be the same thing but I'll most likely plug it in, set it up, and leave it in rest mode downloading the games while I'm at work.

Either way, the first game I play is going to be Mafia Definitive Edition. I'm not going to do anything for snacks though except maybe a bottle of water. I don't want to risk damaging the controller. The good thing at least is i have Thanksgiving week off, so I'll be able to really dive into the system then.

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting in delivered and taking the following week off. So it should get here Thursday or Friday and then I have the whole next week to play it.

Mazz

Nov 11, 2017
I'll go to work, when my soul has left my body I'll come back home, take a shower, eat, hook up the thing and start downloading a game. I'll fall asleep waiting. It's going to be glorious.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
That Wednesday is a holiday so I really hope my Series X arrives on Tuesday, but other than that I took off Friday and Monday
I'll probably just play Demon's Souls for 4 days

the intention was to have enhanced versions of Destiny 2 Beyond Light to play on Series X, and Avengers on PS5.

both just got delayed. So now??

Yeah I was also planning on playing both of those over the weekend but I guess that isn't happening

0ean

Banned
Jan 30, 2019
I'd need to find me a game to tie me over a week until Cyberpunk 2077 arrives.