• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How Will You Pre-order the Xbox Series & PS5?

• In-Person

Votes: 18 5.2%

Votes: 261 75.2%
  • Store Pickup

Votes: 55 15.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • See Results

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-orders should be opening up for the Next-Generation consoles very soon, and I wanted to see how some of the game community intends on dealing with pre-orders. September 22nd Xbox Series pre-orders open up, and I assume we will hear something about the PS5 tomorrow at the PS5 Event. The question is, how are you going to do your pre-order? Do you feel comfortable getting them from places like Amazon, and having them mailed to you? This option might be the most convenient, but at the same time, it may cause concern for some fans. Or would you prefer to pick them up in person at places like GameStop? What's your retailer of choice and so on?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah i feel comfortable doing so. Either Best Buy, Amazon, or if i get the PS Lotto.

Oct 27, 2017
Gamestop in store, i live right next to one and I work from home, so im just gonna go maybe 2 hours before they open to secure a pre order.

This is of course if cant secure an amazon pre order, which would be my first preference.

Deleted member 2441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's going to be really weird this time. I'm used to preordering in-store and lining up at midnight, but this year...

I guess I'll order online? Need to research who can guarantee same day delivery.

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
I preordered my Day One edition of the Xbox One through the Microsoft Store itself and it showed up before midday. So will likely try to get through the Microsoft Store and hope it doesn't crash. Backup might be Best Buy or something?

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Pre-orders should be opening up for the Next-Generation consoles very soon, and I wanted to see how some of the game community intends on dealing with pre-orders. September 22nd Xbox Series pre-orders open up, and I assume we will hear something about the PS5 tomorrow at the PS5 Event. The question is, how are you going to do your pre-order? Do you feel comfortable getting them from places like Amazon, and having them mailed to you? This option might be the most convenient, but at the same time, it may cause concern for some fans. Or would you prefer to pick them up in person at places like GameStop? What's your retailer of choice and so on?
I want to preorder the PS5 on amazon but i am still figuring how it works. Does the page go up for preorder the second midnight hits on the site. Or do they say the preorder will start at such and such time that day.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be trying to preorder through Best Buy's website. I have been saving Reward Zone points all year leading up this moment and stand to shave off over $200 from my preorder!

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of thread like this, I think, but none nearly as general.

I'm probably going to go Amazon US for both the Series X and PS5.

I'm moving in a month, and so that's where I stand the best chance to be able to change my payment method and address without losing my order. Otherwise I would have gone with Best Buy.

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
Through Microsoft themselves, hopefully. I've always gotten hardware right on launch day whenever I ordered from them.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon unless Ebgames has a great trade in promo...or I decide to use All Access

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
You couldn't pay me to pack into a line or into a store to buy in a store during 2020. It's getting dropped off at my front door via delivery.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
In-store at Gamestop, will be trading in my Pro towards the purchase after I finish 13 Sentinels.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Might actually roll with Walmart since it seems like they are being under thought of right now.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I can't say this for 100% but there are 3 super Walmarts in my area, I've went and talked to the electronics manager at all 3 and all have told me that they won't be doing in store pre-orders for Series X or Ps5, it will all be online. The first one that told me I went no way, the second I went huh. But after the 3rd one told me that I have resigned that I'm gonna have to go to gamestop.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Hopefully via the thing Sony emailed me about. For Xbox, Target. Can't beat Red Card and an additional two month return window.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I'm both concerned with shipping (on time delivery) and store pick up (covid), even though I know they are doing curbside for things currently, so I'm not entirely sure. That said I'm thinking about going Amazon for the Series X since I have a card through them, and then possibly either going through Sony if I get selected for their preorder thing, or Best Buy for pick up, midnight if possible.

Again covid kind of throws a wrench in the comfort level for all of this.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
A big retailer in France is doing Drive pickups (you preorder online and come to the store's parking where they put your product in you car) so I think I'll do that. No risk of crowds and I don't have to wait all day for the delivery person.

Oct 28, 2017
I actually have no idea. I'm in Japan and I've never preordered a console here before. It was faster/ cheaper to get it off international Amazon last time. Any advice?

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
My oldest pre-order for next gen console is from January, and since then I've put orders into few other local stores when they became available. So, I should have at least 5 units available/reserved from day-1 up to day-7. Not sure what to do with extra units.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Online retailer, either ShopTo or SinplyGames... GAME if I get desperate if they get PS5 pre-order button first lol.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Online. I don't care about same day delivery. As long as I'm guaranteed to get one within the week or so it comes out that is perfect.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
There's a 0% chance I'll be able to get a PS5 at Walmart on launch day, so online is the way to go

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Meh, I was able to go to the store and pick up a switch on launch day, I'm assuming I'll be able to do the same for PS5 or Xbox series

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hope to get a preorder online through best buy for curbside pickup. Live in a bigger city now so don't think I'll be lucky enough to just show up at midnight and get one like I did at PS4 launch.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Honestly if PS Lotto people don't get the system at least a day early then it's the dumbest thing ever

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
I will plow through bags after bags of Doritos every day until I win a PS5.

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
Online. I'm hoping I can get a preorder with Best Buy or Amazon. I wanted to go with gamestop but they seem to be closing alot of stores so I'm unsure if thats still a good place for it right now.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be trying my hardest to pick up in person, preferably at a 24/7 store so I can do midnight pickups for both. Nothing like getting home with a new toy at quarter past midnight and staying up till the early hours playing with it! Meanwhile everyone else is still sat by their postboxes waiting for the post twelve hours later...

Joking aside, I've had shocking experiences with the local post where I live at the moment. Deliveries to wrong addresses, days late deliveries... It's always so stressful when it's something I want/need urgently. In-person pickup makes the most sense for me. Always done that with consoles.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Online if I can find it in time, not sure how quick they will go out of stock though

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Hoping to do it at my store and get a nice discount but not sure how that's going to be yet. Like the PS4 though, I'll secure a console online too as a back up.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Go on amazon, pre order and wait for delivery. Business as usual

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Are Amazon UK alright with console pre-orders? After the 3D All-Stars debacle I don't think I can trust ShopTo with something so sought after and limited.