• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I dont think its gonna end. They are definitely going to synthesize the characters voices.

I am 80% serious with this prediction too.

May 26, 2018
I don't know how the rest of the episode will go, but there will be no opening -- it will be shunted right to the very end with everyone converging back home, and the beginning was the end all along.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Has there been an episode where the story begins in the middle of the opening credits? Like, after various obstacles are overcome, the episode culminates with the family finally arriving home to watch tv together (cue couch gag; roll credits)...

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If it were up to me, the first episode of the final season would take place in 1989, with the characters their canon age, and each successive episode would time skip forward until the current year is reached, each episode reflecting an important moment for the family.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
*Homer wakes up, goes to the kitchen, the family is heaving breakfast

"geez, I had the weirdest dream... A lot of stuff happened, you all were there but kinda different, like a way less likable version of yourselves. Maybe the death of Frank Grimes is still on my mind, which was quiet recently as you all remember... Whew, glad all this wasn't real and we never have to talk about it ever again"

*Marge gives him a kiss

*the family has breakfast

*fade to black

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be a flash forward age up 30 odd years where Bart and Lisa and Maggie are taking their kids with grandpa Homer and Marge to the school Christmas pageant. Bart Jr. Is just like dad and gets a "D'Oh!" from gramps.

Although if we were going in real time since premiere and the show ended this year, that would put Maggie at 32 years old already.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
nXMxhM.gif

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
They should end with a huge movie event. I don't know, something along the lines of, say, the EPA dropping a dome over Springfield. Only more proactive.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
It will end when of the major voice actors dies... which means it likely won't get a proper conclusion unless they film something in advance.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it should be exactly, but there are some imagery/ideas we haven't seen yet floating in my head that I'd like to see, preferably in a big feature-film-finale style event.

The big finale movie:
-Mr Burns finally dies, could kick off the events of the movie, maybe Springfield is to be purchased/merged with Shelbyville. (I wish the original movie didn't waste Albert Brooks' Scorpio persona on Russ Cargill, Scorpio would have fit the bill nicely for a Springfield buyout/takeover in Mr Burns' passing)
-The whole town should be involved
-Some kind of big competition/war with said Shelbyville.
-Springfield should be completely destroyed somehow. There's no going back. (I know it's been moved before and the movie had the dome, but I mean completely obliterated, like all of Springfield's citizens need to start a new life elsewhere and separate)
-Ending could be Mona taking in Homer and the family into a new home, and she can finally see her son and grandchildren grow up.

I would honestly hate if they ended the show on a regular episode.
The Simpsons is still on the air? With new episodes?
I don't believe it.
Yep, and recently dropped one of the best episodes in the series (Pixelated and Afraid).

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Matt Groening originally had a final episode in mind for the early seasons...that wouldn't work now. Marge would somehow be revealed to be hiding rabbit ears in that tall hair, revealed to be from his Life in Hell comics. There was even a couple hints to it in the Simpsons arcade game, when she got electrocuted, you could see rabbit-ear-bones in the hair, and a vacuum cleaner pulling on her hair would show ear-like shapes, and when it happened her face would subtly change to be like the rabbits in the comic.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bart, as Bartman, will travel to the real world and meet Matt Groening. Bart will fly Matt around the city.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's been done (assume it has) but I'd imagine it would be a whole episode based on the opening credits with a little bit of a story to each person passed along the way (Maybe I'm remembering the episodes with all the short stories)

It all ends with them on the sofa one way or another

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
If they want to go a predictable sad route, do a episode where the Simpsons move out of Springfield. Easy way to get the whole cast to cameo. (Haven't watched the show in decades so maybe this plot already happened lol).

Will probably just be a regular episode which wouldn't bug me tbh.
One of the best episodes in the entire series, Season 8-2, the Simpsons move out of Springfield to a dream town so Homer could work for a new boss as a manager on a new nuclear project. When the family leaves Springfield, they do pass by all the regular characters just like that.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
All I know is it's going to hit me hard when it does end. It has been such a constant throughout my whole life.

Dec 30, 2020
Final Episode: Not a single character speaks. Everyone walks around town, wide-eyed, as if they're truly seeing their surroundings for the first time. Some of them reach out and touch one another as if just now comprehending their personhood. Some of them weep. Some of them stare at the sky. Then, in unison, everyone sits back and closes their eyes.

Cut to a shot of the Springfield tire fire, which has gone out.

End credits.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
just do a regular episode. The Simpsons have already done multiple episodes that feel like series finales.

That's because some of them were written to be final episodes.

In a 2013 interview with former show writer Conan O'Brien, showrunner Al Jean stated that this episode was intended to serve as a series finale in the case that cast negotiations earlier in the year forced the show to end.[9]

With the family on their way to the Springfield Elementary School Christmas pageant

Hopefully:

www.digitalspy.com

Exclusive: Simpsons boss shares update on his idea for the last episode

"Now that I've stated it, it's less likely to happen."

Previously, Jean described his vision as the family going to the Christmas pageant they went to in the very first episode.

"I just thought that the beautiful thing about that would be that the whole show would never have an end," Jean added. "It would be a loop, and you'd never go—

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
IT WILL NEVAR HAPPN. HOMAR SHALL AIR 5EVR.

The final episode should be a triple length expansion of this. Also made by Hertzfeldt.

That or they don't cancel it and instead suddenly have everyone start ageing in real time each season until the heat death of the universe.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Final episode? The Simpsons will never end. Ever after the entire cast has died, they'll use AI voice simulators to replace everyone.