• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will Sony announce the PS5 price?

• During the showcase tonight

Votes: 833 79.2%
  • Before the showcase e.g. through a blog post

Votes: 7 0.7%
  • After the showcase e.g. through a blog post

Votes: 46 4.4%
  • They will not announce the price at all tonight

Votes: 166 15.8%

• Total voters

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Alright let's do a last minute voting for fun before tonight.

How will Sony announce the price tonight? Or will they still not talk about it and do it sometimes later?

I say a blog post after the showcase tonight.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Probably the same way they announced the design except with a price at the end?

Then another screen showing the ore-order date?

pretty standard stuff

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the presenter will begin stripping only to reveal that they are wearing a complete suit which resembles a human being. this will be removed then discarded and the entity present underneath will be shaped like english numbers.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I feel like we've had a dozen threads asking some variation of this question ever since the weekend lol

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Probably the same way they announced the design except with a price at the end?

Pretty much what I was thinking. End montage and show the consoles and have the prices fade in beside the consoles.
Consoles and prince disappear and the release date is shown with a pre-order date.

Flayer

Oct 28, 2017
It will be during the event. Either very near the start or as a drop the mic moment at the end (if the price is low).

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
They'll do it at the end or the beginning of the showcase. Probably followed up by a blog post with more details.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
It will be before the showcase or during it. Any other time and there will likely be chaos.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is they spend the showcase trying to convince us why we need it, and then share the price / when preorders go live / release date at the end.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
watch they do the same style as the ps5 reveal. the price will be hidden throughout the video.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There's going to be a bingo cage filled with 70 little ping pong balls that Jim Ryan will spin. Each ping pong ball has a different price on it. Whatever one he picks for each version of the console will be the price.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
This is actually a good question. It could free them up time to just talk games if they share that before the event.

Nov 18, 2018
It will be announced at the end of the showcase. They always save the big stuff till last to keep people watching.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Jim Ryan opens up the show and says:
Listen up, nerds.
PS5 is gonna cost you 499$, or 450$ for the digital edition.
Here's why you'll pay for it:
40 MIN BARRAGE OF NEXT-GEN GAMEPLAY

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
The guy from Syphon Filter comes on screen.

He tells you to look under your seat.

You reach under your chair and find an envelope.

You are stunned.

"Open it", he says.

You do so trembling with excitement.

There's a piece of cardboard inside.

You pull it out.

The card reads "Get a second job" signed Ex-CEO Kaz Hirai.

Syphon Filter guy winks.

Screen goes blank.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty much what I was thinking. End montage and show the consoles and have the prices fade in beside the consoles.
Consoles and prince disappear and the release date is shown with a pre-order date.

Nah Jim needs to gloat and talk about unprecedented Value.

I'll guess 5 mins from the end followed by Jim gloating, a quick summary and then one more thing megaton (GoW 2 if they feel its needed)

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hang on let me check the power point slides I'm currently uploading the PlayStation channel

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
they'll do the balls thing again at the very end but instead of a console, it'll be Jim Ryan's face with a tattoo of the price on his forehead

and then a balls outro

ichigoww

Apr 22, 2018
The two alternatives on my mind are: just at the beginning of the showcase, or at the end as some sort of "see all those games? well, this is the entry price".
I'm probably wrong, but I still expect some sort of announcement today.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
They said games showcase, so im hoping they arent being literal and its JUST games

Like, id be fine but the expectation is very clear at this point

mtel

Oct 29, 2017
End of the show. Said by an exec (Jim Ryan?) if they are confident in their price; announced in a video if they aren't.