• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Fast and Furious characters are essentially superheroes. This idea got doubled down for me when in Hobbs and Shaw, Hobbs is holding onto a helicopter attached to a chain, similar to Cap holding on to the helicopter. B Dude can also lift a full grown person 6 feet in the air with no effort, punch a dent in metal, do curls with a concrete bench, and headbutt someone in riot armor hard enough to knock them out. How well do you think Luke Hobbs would fair against Cap?

6897844-helicopter.gif

CaringSoftAmericancrow-max-1mb.gif

Can a mod edit the title I spelled Hobbs wrong, sort of

Last edited:

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
OP left out the best part of Cap scene :P

d36122b22c1be7693c7f758b6b90df89.gif

Honestly... I haven't idea, but for the gif I would say Fast and Furious character would be as strong as Steve.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Every fight would end in a contractually obligated stalemate

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
God, that scene in Hobbs & Shaw. The way Johnson doesn't even stretch his left arm upwards, instead just kinda having it hang besides him, as if there wasn't a fucking helicopter pulling it upwards is so bad. The way the chain is completely still in his hand, not swinging or pulling at all.

Also, that greenscreen right there is Black Panther levels of bad. Come on.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
the one thing I think I remember, is that Hobbs didn't pull in the helicopter to rehook the chain, Shaw slowed down the truck to close the distance. Think Shaw yells out something like "hold on Hobbs" or something.

Otherwise, yeah, Hobbs is a superhuman character. Grabbing and holding a riot geared soldier off a motorcycle with 1 arm, through a car window, and ramming him against a wall as they drive by. Really.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He didn't pull the chopper in though, Shaw swerved the truck in to give slack on the line so Hobbs could re-hook it.

Holding on for as long as he did is still some Captain America shit. I'd still give the fight to Steve though.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
lol OP, I mean wow, you just admitted you can't do this stuff? Haha, jeez, try hitting the weights instead of posting threads for a change huh?

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Considering Caps power is basically the perfect human form at its peak this isn't much of a stretch. Hobbs is very built as well but he has mass over form.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I believe the Russos have stated that if you are a non-powered individual, Cap takes you out in one hit.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Hobbs would be able to jump out a building and not even need a shield to break his fall.

I'd say Cap would own him only because his age and how much training he's done.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
If we grant that they have roughly comparable levels of superhuman strength and resistance to damage/injury—which I think is fair based on what they do in their respective movies—then I'd give Cap the edge based on speed and hand-to-hand combat skill. Hobbs might get a couple good shots in, I guess.

OP
OP
Z-Beat

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bonus Question: Could Idris Elba from Hobbs and Shaw beat Cap?

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Steve Rogers is a super soldier, the rock is just a big guy with a gun.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

also Steve is worthy, he instantly takes any human

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
well Hobbs couldn't beat BRIXTON? one on one either, so this would solve NOTHING.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Cap may be strong, but he is probably pretty terrible at hand to hand combat. If he was a WW2 solider he learned "World War II Combatives" which teaches you bullshit like judo chops to the neck and punching people with your middle knuckle.

Starts at 5:12 in this video

I can't find any information on what martial arts a DSS agent would learn, but according to the Fast and Furious wiki:

Abilities
  • Peak Human Condition: Hobbs wields incredible physical strength, durability, endurance and surprisingly vast speed and reflexes for someone of his size and build. He fell out of a building a few stories high and only got away with a few fractured bones, and recovered in time to help Dom's crew. Hobbs has been compared to superheroes such as the Hulk and Captain America as well as deities like Thor and Hercules for his peak physical condition.

• Expert Martial Artist: Hobbs's skills in martial arts and physical conditioning not only allows him to effortlessly beat multiple men even those with advanced fighting training, but he is also superior to even Dominic Toretto, proven by how in their fight, Hobbs consistently blocked Dominic's blows and landed a share of his own solid attacks, eventually overwhelming and restraining him and only because Dominic briefly became bolstered by seeing Letty was he able to began matching and even turning the tides, but even that was only after Hobbs had still fought on par with and even briefly gained the upper hand over Dominic. He also managed to ultimately surpass the incredibly skilled Deckard Shaw, who had fought on par with and even managed to dominate Dominic, as he was able to slyly dominate him even though Deckard managed to at times gain the upper hand, requiring Deckard to use his knife to get the better of him.

So with near equal strength and presumably modern martial arts techniques, I would say Hobbs beats Cap's ass.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Steve can weild Mjolnir. None of the fuckers in the F&F series can.

Ergo.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Cap may be strong, but he is probably pretty terrible at hand to hand combat.

Your reasoning makes some sense, and they don't really get into it in the movies, but in the comics, Cap is considered one of the best hand-to-hand combatants on Earth. (MCU Cap and comic Cap aren't necessarily the same, but given the way the movies feature him in hand-to-hand fight scenes, seems like you're supposed to get the impression that he's skilled.)

Last edited:
Cap's proficiency in hand-to-hand combat is so great, that being trained to fight by Captain America is itself a noteworthy trait for other characters.

Cap also has an accelerated metabolism and can take an incredible amount of punishment and exertion before starts to get tired. He stays at peak fighting ability for a long damn time.