• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I (finally) got my absentee ballot here in NC. Now to do some research on the local races.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
So it will be fine for me to just wait for my mail-in ballot, since (me being in CA) I can actually drop them off in person? I do plan to do so, as soon early voting is available for me.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to vote by mail here in SC even before they decided to let anyone who wants to be able to because of the pandemic but once you request a ballot be mailed to you, that's your ballot. From everything I've seen if I apply for a mail-in ballot I can't vote in person if it were to not show up in time. Doesn't sound right to me but I can't find anything that disproves it.

It seems as though because of the pandemic anyone who wants can vote early via in-person absentee voting despite the state not officially having early voting, starting Oct 5th. So I'm gonna go do that the first chance I'm able. I'm a big supporter of vote-by-mail but not with Trump stooges slowing down the mail and causing other USPS fuckery.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
7609271a-8571-49ef-80yjl2.jpeg

Got our official mailer from DC's board of elections - anxious to get my ballot the first week of October.

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
Got my absentee ballot in Oklahoma. The state is not requiring a reason to apply for an absentee ballot, and you have until October 27th to request one.

They're allowing us to bypass having to have our ballots notarized by attaching a copy of any ID that would be acceptable at the polls, so no need to interact with anyone. Ballots must be received by your county election officials by 7 PM on election day, so make sure you send them in early.

We may not affect the electoral college, but Kendra Horn's seat is a toss up, and OKC deserves so much better than a Republican rep. Please vote, especially if you're in OK-5.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
PSA, since today is National Voter Registration Day. As long as you're a US Citizen you can vote in the elections in November, even if you're living abroad right now

Vote From Abroad

Absentee ballots for US Citizens abroad

brochiller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm living in Canada. Just called my local board of elections to ask if they can confirm they receive my absentee ballot. They confirmed they can! Makes me feel much better about mailing it in. I'll just have to call a couple weeks after mailing to confirm.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
My wife has been waiting on her citizenship for almost a year, no word on acceptance. I assume low probability to be able to vote this year?

ohabs

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
We mailed our request for absentee ballots in Ohio towards the end of August. Still haven't gotten our ballots yet so I looked up the tracking information. Absentee ballot status says ISSUED on 9/2/20, but N/A for mailed. Should it take this long to receive the ballot?

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I think I'm stuck. I'm an overseas voter (AZ, maricopa county) and I have a form for my Absentee Ballot Request.

But they want me to send this physically to the US. I'm looking for an option to do the whole thing online. Am I blind? Why can't I find this?

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
If you're in the state of New Jersey, I just got delivered my ballot yesterday. Be sure to check your mailbox over the next couple of days to see if yours arrives.

I'll be turning mine in at the County Clerk's office since I live pretty close to it.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Just sent my overseas ballot for Washington State. It's been fairly easy to vote this way the last few years. No longer any need to send or receive any physical mail, it's all digital (besides printing out at home).

Let's do this

Last edited:

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
Voted today in Colorado. They just sent out ballots, but you can vote onkine, download the ballot and send it back. Military and merchant marines can also upload to there website and get confirmation ballot is accepted. If i dont get confirmation by Tuesday, will be calling the county to see what i need to do to fix it and sending it back.

National Popular Vote Initiative was on the ballot. Wasnt aware of this, voted for it. If somehow the National Popular vote goes for Republicans (hahaha) will suck, but still feel this is better than the Electoral college we have currently.

Magni

Just sent my overseas ballot for Washington State. It's been fairly easy to vote this way the last few years. No longer any need to send or receive any physical mail, it's all digital (besides printing out at home).

Let's do this

I'm in the same situation (overseas WA), but I've only used the physical ballots. Mine came today completely soaked, so I had to request a new one, but now I'm wondering whether I should try the digital stuff instead...

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Just voted by mail. Florida doesn't have absentee ballots, it is all called vote by mail.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm stuck. I'm an overseas voter (AZ, maricopa county) and I have a form for my Absentee Ballot Request.

But they want me to send this physically to the US. I'm looking for an option to do the whole thing online. Am I blind? Why can't I find this?

https://recorder.maricopa.gov/earlyvotingballot/militaryoverseasrequest.aspx I found this link for Maricopa County.

www.democratsabroad.org

LIVE 1-on-1 Voter Assistance for U.S. Citizens Abroad - Georgia Runoff

Democrats Abroad strives to provide Americans abroad a Democratic voice in our government and elect Democratic candidates by mobilizing the overseas vote.

If you still don't have answers, you can contact someone on this link for help.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
I received a mail in ballot with Biden and the VP nom on it. I'm supposed to tear half of it and mail it with a pre paid postage stamp....

I haven't voted since Obama's first election. I don't think I have my voters registration card, but can't find it. I don't think it requires my card info. Just my personal info. Am I good?

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
This seems related:

For three weeks in August, as election officials across the country were preparing to send out mail-in ballots to tens of millions of voters, the U.S. Postal Service stopped fully updating a national change of address system that most states use to keep their voter rolls current, according to multiple officials who use the system. A USPS spokesperson acknowledged the failure in response to questions from TIME, and said that at least 1.8 million new changes of address had not been registered in the database.

https://time.com/5893881/exclusive-...led-to-update-at-least-1-8-million-addresses/

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my absentee ballot in NYC. Not sure yet if I want to mail it in or drop it off during early voting.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Just vote, PLEASSE. In person if humanly and safely possible (and if feasible). Much less potential for fuckery that way.

But if voting by mail, do it early as possible and follow all directions carefully (here in PA if you don't put your ballet inside a separate "privacy envelope" that goes into the mailing envelope, they won't count your vote (thanks to the Trump appointed judge that recently made it so, which will inevitably cause some ballots to be tossed).

So PLEASE be super careful with the process with whatever state you are in.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My parents and I received our absentee ballots today in Michigan yesterday and we all filled ours out straight Democrat down the ticket all the way before the debate, and my Dad plans to drop them off directly at the city clerk's office for us today. Feels good to have done my part and voted against Trump, defended Gary Peter's and Andy Levin's seats, and also done my part to hopefully help flip the MI state Supreme Court as well:
img_20200929_192235296bjy4.jpg

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I'm in NYC and got my absentee ballot and selected the Working Families Party for Joe Biden instead of the Democratic Party for Biden option. Oh well, it's still a vote for Biden, lol.

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
Got my mail-in ballot today in Pennsylvania. Just filled it out and put it in the postbox. Feels good! Don't forget to sign the voter declaration on the back of the second envelope. I almost missed it.

In Pittsburgh, by the way. My fiancée still hasn't received her ballot and she requested hers before me, for what it's worth.

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA
I finally got my ballot here in NJ. I'm trying to figure out if I should mail it or if I should try to get to the one secure ballot box on the north side of town.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in NYC and got my absentee ballot and selected the Working Families Party for Joe Biden instead of the Democratic Party for Biden option. Oh well, it's still a vote for Biden, lol.

Same. Voted WFP where I could and then Dem where there was no WFP option. Kinda surprised there were a lot of WFP candidates that were not the same as the Democratic one. They're usually the same. Wonder what happened this year. Also wonder why WFP didn't nominate AOC. They didn't run a candidate in my district.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
My ballot came with a voter registration form. Is that normal??
Edit: I checked the website and it says I'm already registered. I'm just gonna follow instructions and do it again, so that I don't fuck this up.

Last edited:

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Got my ballot in the mail today. Currently reading up on a few of my State propositions to be more informed before I cast my vote. Eagerly looking forward to voting Trump out of office, though.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
well i finally got a confirmation that my ballot is in the mail at the very least. hopefully it gets here soon

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
It's worth knowing that if you see any intimidation bullshit at your polling place there's a telephone hotline you can call:
1-866-OUR-VOTE

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
Sincerely hope you all followed directions closely for how to complete/package your voting form. There are some absurd rules in certain states and there's potential for high disqualification.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Pennsylvania is doing everything in their power to keep me from getting a mail in ballot

what a fucking disaster

called the county and the system rejected my request I put in 1.5 months ago. Rejected 2 other people I know also. We all re applied today. Website doesnt want to allow us to get mail in ballots.

I know someone who is in the system and when he checks his name he gets a confirmed message.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wife and I dropped our ballots off. Going to be a fun year to work the polling stations.

There were people there doing early voting, and a woman was berating the workers about how they need to be sure they are really checking peoples signatures to stop all the voting fraud going on.

Steelrain

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing Desantis buckled under pressure over Florida's shitty ass voter registration website. Of course, he only extended registration to 7PM EST because he's still a giant piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.