• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna be activating an Android phone soon and WhatsApp has become my most used app over the last 3 months or so, and my iCloud storage is full, I barely ever used iCloud but somehow it got filled up on its own, I'm guessing a while back I set it to auto-upload all pictures but I don't know how to clear up all the space immediately.

Is that a way to backup WhatsApp conversations so that all the chats and media transferred will be available on the app on my new phone?

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Can you not backup your chats through the WhatsApp settings, that's what I did but I was switching from a S8 to S10

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna be activating an Android phone soon and WhatsApp has become my most used app over the last 3 months or so, and my iCloud storage is full, I barely ever used iCloud but somehow it got filled up on its own, I'm guessing a while back I set it to auto-upload all pictures but I don't know how to clear up all the space immediately.

Is that a way to backup WhatsApp conversations so that all the chats and media transferred will be available on the app on my new phone?

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You cannot transfer chat history between platforms using any official methods or tools. I'd be weary of third party tools that claim to do it, as it'd be 100% unsupported.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
I thought Whatsapp does its own backups? I never backed mine up and all my chats transferred. I recently switched from Android to iOS.

Edit: Sorry I use a frontend though so maybe its not the same thing.

Last edited:

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
You cannot.

I lost my conversations while going from from android to iphone too.

(Unless somethings changed in the last 8 months).

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Easy.

1. Meet up with each of the contacts with whom you have had conversations
2. Using your old device, recreate the conversations with you sending them your messages and them responding with theirs