• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I gave my brother my old One S and I'm on Series x

His Xbox should be the home Xbox, and I have a Xbox account and he has another

When we both try to play different games on different accounts, it gives us a prompt that you can only play 1 game on one system, and asks to log the other one out

Any way that we can both be playing games simultaneously?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I gave my brother my old One S and I'm on Series x

His Xbox should be the home Xbox, and I have a Xbox account and he has another

When we both try to play different games on different accounts, it gives us a prompt that you can only play 1 game on one system, and asks to log the other one out

Any way that we can both be playing games simultaneously?

Try clearing the cache on the console, my niece and newphews console's gave that message until they did that on the Home console.

You can do this by clearing the alternate MAC address in the network settings

Leraeniesh

Apr 21, 2019
Both games were most likely purchased through the same account.
You would want to re-buy the game on a separate account (or insert a disc) to play on both systems.

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Edit: it says, you're already playing on Xbox one S. You can only play one game at a time

Play here instead

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Are you still signed in on the other system? Make sure you're both not using the same account.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
You need to make sure that you are using your account on the Series X, the account that owns the game(s) and Gamepass. Your brother would use his own account on the One S and it needs to be configured as your Home Xbox.

This will allow both of you to play at the same time, even the same game if you wanted.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
You need to make sure that you are using your account on the Series X, the account that owns the game(s) and Gamepass. Your brother would use his own account on the One S and it needs to be configured as your Home Xbox.

This will allow both of you to play at the same time, even the same game if you wanted.
Exactly, it would be something like this:

XB1 S
  • Your account (set to home, not logged in)
  • Your brother's account (set to home)
XB SX
  • Your account (not set to home)

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Click on the Home Xbox as he is on his account on the S?

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Click on the Home Xbox as he is on his account on the S?
No, you need to set the S as your Home Xbox (if it isn't already). After that, you won't need to ever have your account logged in on that Xbox, but your brother will have access to all of your games and services (ie. Game Pass) under his account.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Edit: it says, you're already playing on Xbox one S. You can only play one game at a time

Play here instead
The console with the home account needs to be online but not logged in and then they use their account to play. I have it set up this way between my office and my lounge, it took me a minute to figure out I had to set up a seperate kids account and have them log into that instead of mine when playing

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
No, you need to set the S as your Home Xbox (if it isn't already). After that, you won't need to ever have your account logged in on that Xbox, but your brother will have access to all of your games and services (ie. Game Pass) under his account.
Any way to permanently have me logged out from the the one s? At any time he can by mistake switch to my account

DRock

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Set your account to be home on his xbox.

Set his account to be home on your xbox.

Then he can play your games without you logged in and vice versa. You'll be able to olay your own games since you are logged in and connected to online and vice versa. Only negative is you need to be online.

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Set your account to be home on his xbox.

Set his account to be home on your xbox.

Then he can play your games without you logged in and vice versa. You'll be able to olay your own games since you are logged in and connected to online and vice versa. Only negative is you need to be online.
I thought his Xbox also needed to be home for his account

Oct 26, 2017
You could always factory reset your old One S and then have your brother redownload all of his games on to it. If you have digital games that you purchased and are being used on his account, I would assume that might cause a problem but am unsure.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Why? Being home only affects your games and whether you can play them offline or whether others can play them. If your account doesn't own any games, then whatever console is home for it literally could not matter for anything at all, since it doesn't have any games. Again, home matters only for how your games can be interacted with.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
you only need their xbox to be set as your home

when that's done, you just keep the account on the console but have their account logged in. they'll get XBL gold, game pass and anything you own. they can play offline. you cannot... because technically you're "away" from home.