• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 11, 2017
India
Google and Facebook have conquered the advertisement market. YouTube has been leading the online free-to-all video market. So, how is it that journalists will earn?

Massive layoffs are happening at major media companies and many journalists are losing their jobs everyday. So, does this mean, written journalism is not required anymore?

Is this an end for news articles? What do journalists do? How to pivot? How to adapt?

Ben Walker

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
England, United Kingdom
Easy. Journalists are moving TO those platforms. YouTube, Google AdSense and Facebook Pages. Social media is key.

In my experience, profits for stuff I run have been increasing, but then again I don't own a multi-million dollar company with huge costs.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Patreon and making your content highly appealing to the various algorithms, while not being made in such a way that you'll get DMCA strikes from bots.