• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I just bought a PS4 Pro after nearly a decade of gaming on PC almost exclusively. Coming from that side of things, I've been really spoiled by things like IsThereAnyDeal, CheapShark, SteamDB, and Enhanced Steam for keeping up with the latest deals, current lowest price, historical low prices, etc.

However, for console games it really doesn't seem like there are any great definitive resources that have that same level of service. I already follow Wario64 on Twitter. I know about CheapAssGamer. But when I want to go buy a game, is there an easy one-stop shop I can visit to check which retail store has the best current price on a game without having to visit all those sites individually? (Yesterday when deciding where to buy a game I had to go to each retailer's website manually and make my own spreadsheet.) Are there sites that legitimately sell digital versions of PS4, XBO, and Switch games at a discount rather than just going through their respective platform stores? It seems PSN has weekly sales, but do they follow a set schedule all the time? Are there special deep-discount seasonal sales like Steam does?

I've done a fair bit of searching around and haven't found anything that I find as robust as the four sites I mentioned for Steam. Any help would be appreciated!

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just bought a PS4 Pro after nearly a decade of gaming on PC almost exclusively. Coming from that side of things, I've been really spoiled by things like IsThereAnyDeal, CheapShark, SteamDB, and Enhanced Steam for keeping up with the latest deals, current lowest price, historical low prices, etc.

However, for console games it really doesn't seem like there are any great definitive resources that have that same level of service. I already follow Wario64 on Twitter. I know about CheapAssGamer. But when I want to go buy a game, is there an easy one-stop shop I can visit to check which retail store has the best current price on a game without having to visit all those sites individually? (Yesterday when deciding where to buy a game I had to go to each retailer's website manually and make my own spreadsheet.) Are there sites that legitimately sell digital versions of PS4, XBO, and Switch games at a discount rather than just going through their respective platform stores? It seems PSN has weekly sales, but do they follow a set schedule all the time? Are there special deep-discount seasonal sales like Steam does?

I've done a fair bit of searching around and haven't found anything that I find as robust as the four sites I mentioned for Steam. Any help would be appreciated!

There are weekly deals on the Playstation Store for starters. Sign up also for their newsletter as ever so once in awhile they will give you a coupon code for additional discounts.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Check into the "deals" page on the playstation store every Tuesday (weekly sale) and weekend (occasional flash sales) and you are set.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like you've got all the main sources down.

You can always google the game and hit the shopping tab. It's not comprehensive, but can at least compare several options for physical games or codes from third party cites.

For PSN the sales are weekly and go up on Tuesday and you can just browse the web store and look at the weekly deals section. Flash sales sometimes on the weekends as well and similarly easy to browse.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
The PlayStation Store has fairly regular flash sales about once every month, along with publisher-focused sales like the current sale on Rockstar games. Flash sales are usually the best option for buying digital games but the only way I've really tracked them is through ResetERA threads. Luckily, there are people willing to list out the entire sale prices and there's plenty of discussion in those threads on solid prices for the titles listed. Physical sales are a bit trickier, but Wario64 and CheapAssGamer usually post all the good stuff. Your best physical sale options are usually through Amazon or Best Buy, though bigger retailers like Target or Walmart will occasionally have good sales. Black Friday is the hardest to navigate because almost every retailer will have some sort of deal on physical games and it can become difficult to track the best prices on certain games. That being said, CAG usually has a fairly prolific listing of all sales from the different retailers for you to pick and choose from.

Personally I have the most luck with Amazon, but Best Buy's GCU (Gamer's Club Unlocked) is really, really solid. Prices on physical games are usually comparable unless one of the big retailers has a price error-- I nabbed Gundam Versus for a cool $10 on Amazon the other day. Sticking with one or two outlets is easier and sometimes comes with loyalty rewards and whatnot, so I don't think it's really worth it to check each and every retailer for comparable prices.

OP
OP
Orb

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. PriceBlink seems pretty good for the physical stuff. I signed up for GCU and I already had PowerUp Rewards Pro, so I imagine I will be getting most physical stuff from Best Buy or GameStop anyway.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I check the PSN store twice a week. I also browse occasionally through cheapassgamer.com as well.

PSN has really good sales every so often...and frankly, I sort of stopped using Best Buy. Hell, PS sends out the 20% coupons via email as well.

melesik

Feb 28, 2019
User banned (1 week): Thread necromancy and self-promotion
mod edit: link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.