• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grey vs Gray

• Gray

Votes: 155 19.6%
  • Grey

Votes: 323 40.9%
  • Both are cool

Votes: 311 39.4%

• Total voters

Clydefrog

Oct 25, 2017
Hawaii
Is it grey or gray? From what I can tell, both are accepted spellings of the color. I cannot figure out which looks better. Over the course of my lifetime, I haven't been loyal to one or the other. I think it just depends on my mood?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i thought it was just english and american their usual weird spelling with gray?

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think both are ok.

I like "grey." It feels older.

Greystones. Greystoke. The Greys.

It wouldn't look/feel as good if they'd gone with "gray."

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought that gray was the color and Grey was used as a name. Usually a last name.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Always thought 'grey' was used in Europe... Like 'colour'.

In the US I've only seen 'gray' and 'color'.

Not the case?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
9ef0243f6f49ad44f2ff6b7ea6c64ad6.jpg

Jean Grey

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
White-blackish. Or black-whiteish, to avoid offending.

How the hell do you say the letter Z? "Zee" or "Zed"?

Oct 27, 2018
For the color I've always assumed grey to be the British spelling and gray to be the correct one.

Names can be either way, obviously.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
I personally recommend to use the French "gris" so as to end this dispute that has been tearing the world apart for so many years. That's "gris", \ɡʁi\ .

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I say grey and would always use that spelling. But as with many of these things, nobody really cares. We all know what each other mean which is the main function of language. So either's good.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Just to make sure that we don't come to any sort of understanding here, I'm an American who has always used grey.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I'm from the US, I use both. Mostly because I can never remember (or really care) which is the US spelling VS which is the British/Canadian spelling. They both seem equal to me. And for me, I don't feel that way about the US vs British spelling of ANY other words.

But yeah. "Grey" and "Gray" are equal to me.

I attribute my sense of equality for the spellings of both "Grey" and "Gray" to my sets of crayons when I was a little kid. I remember as a little kid, some of my crayons would be labeled "gray", and others would be labeled "grey". ...I wonder if I had Canadian crayons mixed in with my US crayons? I was close enough to the border that we went to Canada all the time, so it's possible.