• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How spicy do you like your food?

Votes: 18 3.6%

Votes: 24 4.8%

Votes: 38 7.7%

Votes: 65 13.1%

Votes: 150 30.2%

Votes: 63 12.7%
  • 7+

Votes: 138 27.8%

• Total voters

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the Reset Era poll scale (7 slots) how spicy do you like your food with 1 being mild and 7+ being top end of the scale?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I eat a lot of spicy food, and even if it starts super spicy when I try something that's above what I ever tried, over time it just stops being spicy to me.

Last edited:

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I'd probably put myself at a 6 on this scale. I like some pain but I definitely have my limits too.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say around 2 or maybe 3. I tend to like things more on the mild side, but do like a little bit of spicyness

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
i mean i made spicy water so make of that what you will

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love spicy food and can hold my own on most spicy dishes, but I'm not at the point where I'm chasing the most spiciest thing I can get, and don't really want to be.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Voted 6 because I don't enjoy novelty hot sauces that are basically pepper spray. But otherwise, I usually order the hottest option in restaurants, and I buy good hot sauces.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I voted 5 but it really depends.

I once went to an Indonesian restaurant and ordered spicy level 3 (out of 4) and it damn near killed me.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
It depends on what type of food, but I usually get things around a 4 to 5 if I have the option. If it's wings or something like that I'll go as hot as they have it (Unless there's a waiver I have to sign).

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Bring the heat! I make my own hot sauces, and have red pepper flakes from Costco on hand at all times

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Recently, while trying to lather condiments on to chicken breasts to prepare it for cooking them in slow cooker, I accidentally opened the wrong side of the Cayenne pepper powder jar (the one where you insert a spoon instead of the perforated side) and turned it upside down on the said raw chicken. After the initial shock of how much powder had landed, I decided to cook with it instead of wasting the portion of the powder.

For the next week neither my tongue nor my asshole were happy campers.

So I like it 3 to 4 on that scale.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
It's all relative but I get hot pepper sauce from Trinidad so that's probably like a six? Never found food in London that's even close. Will always get the hottest sauce in Nando's m8 👌

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
giphy.gif

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I carry Carolina reaper flakes with me, since no restaurants in my area know how to make food spicy enough.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so vanilla. Anything over what I see as a 3 but will destroy my insides. And the worst thing is that I like stuff as spicy as I can handle, so every now and then I destroy my insides, willingly.

Is that a Western white spiciness scale?

And this makes me think everyone used to a different scale would laugh at me. Food from Spain is not usually spicy, so I guess we have the same Western white spiciness scale.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
totally depends. spicy for the sake of burning your mouth hot is dumb.

i like a red curry medium spice, makes me sweat but its so good. Spicy bbq with a little bit of sweet is good too.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i grew up eating very spicy south indian food, so it's what i love

i don't like painful heat though - no reason to sacrifice flavor for heat

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the cuisine and purpose. Stuff that's supposed to be spicy like Sichuan or Indian I enjoy as long as the flavor is well balanced and we're dealing with natural peppers or chili oils.

Hot sauces and varieties of peppers that exist only for the sake of dick measuring and Youtube clicks are a hard pass for me.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Subjective scale, maybe put on some familiar chillies as to where on the scale they belong?

Like for example...I wouldnt even consider jalapenos spicy if I'm honest. But to some they are.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Jalapeño-habanero is about the level I prefer for most stuff. I can tolerate up to ghost pepper level, but it's a bit much.

My bestie, on the other hand, breathes fire and can make carolina reaper her bitch. Don't know how she does it.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, and while I get destroyed by spicy food, my brother grows his own stupid spicy peppers and tries to kill me with them every now and then when I eat at his place.

Fuck his Naga Vipers, his Ghost Peppers, and I hope there's a particular place in hell for whoever grew Carolina Reapers for the first time so my brother could fuck me up with them over and over through my life.

Oct 27, 2017
I want to hurt.

Unfortunately I've developed enough of an immunity that pretty much all easy to get spicy food does nothing for me. I miss the days when I found regular old hot sauce to be spicy. Sometimes I'll go months without spicy food to try to lower my resistance. It doesn't really work that well.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda depends on the cuisine. There's a Thai place around the corner that I like a lot. Their "medium" is pretty damned hot, but I like it. Basically, I have a big glass of water on hand and wind up drinking it all. But sometimes when they got a bit spicier than that, it gets to where you can't taste the other flavors in the curry, which sucks because their curry is really good.

My co-worker is from China though and he always gets it "Thai hot", and holy holy shit. They're not playing around. I've tried a bit now and then, and I think I could down a bowl, but it would be nothing except the chemical burn sensation. All the layers of seasoning and coconut etc is totally undetectable when it gets to that point.

I want spicy, but I want good flavors, too.