• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How should you reheat pizza?

• Microwave

Votes: 96 12.3%
  • Oven

Votes: 329 42.2%
  • Pan

Votes: 151 19.4%
  • Don't reheat it, eat it cold

Votes: 172 22.1%
  • Other

Votes: 31 4.0%

• Total voters

negreenfield

Oct 25, 2017
The absolute best way I've done it is on the grill after finishing cooking something else but obviously normally I'm not going to heat the grill to reheat pizza.

But second to that is toaster oven on convection setting around 375 to 400 I've found to reheat the best.

Me while I liked cold pizza back in college I've become to snobby for that and have to reheat it now.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-heat oven to 350. Pop the pizza in and let it warm up for 5-8 minutes and then remove. Gives it just enough time to get warm and toasty without turning it into a inedible brick.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
3b64a4c3-162b-4694-8371-4d125e9800e2--14851095654_cde448fa14_b.jpg

I've seen this image a thousand times tbh never tried it. Does anyone swear by this?
This is the correct way to reheat pizza, though timing may vary based on size or thickness of slice.

Only use an oven if you don't have access to a stove. The microwave should always be your last resort, though I'd argue even cold pizza is better than microwaved pizza most of the time.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pan and lid works well, it's just a pain in the ass and you can only do one slice at a time.
literally every video on google when searching "how to reheat pizza" is by doing it in a pan.

The oven reheats the cheese and toppings too much, microwave is a joke. Pan heats the crust which has turned soggy and makes it crispy. The only other method i would consider is a baking sheet covered in foil in the oven.
a pan surprisingly works great 🤔. Honestly speaking I steam it since I don't have a microwave to ensure 360 heating and then crisp it up in a skillet. Still doesn't beat throwing it underneath the broiler tho

Pan peoples, maybe I'm the unusual one. Coincidently, I had pizza today and guess what? I will try to reheat it with a pan. Maybe I'll be a new man tomorrow.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Always in my oven toaster. Had some leftover homemade pizza the other night.

But it was Hawaiian pizza with pineapple. My daughter loves it so sacrifices must be made.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Depends on where it came from:
1) chain pizza (Detroit-styled, Domino's, PH, LC, etc): toss it into the microwave for a short bit to take the chill off.
2) chain but not fast chain (Grimaldi's, local pizzeria, etc): oven on a stone
3) anything else: why did you have leftovers to begin with?

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Fuck ovens.

I like Day2 pizza to be floppy and soft. Microwave all the way.
I hate crispy crust. Gimmie big floppy new york pizza.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cold is the only answer, in my experience the oven kind of makes it weirdly greasy and too crispy for non-thin-crust pizzas.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3b64a4c3-162b-4694-8371-4d125e9800e2--14851095654_cde448fa14_b.jpg

I've seen this image a thousand times tbh never tried it. Does anyone swear by this?
This is the correct way. It steams the top (to help melt the cheese) and provides surface contact to the crust, which allows it to heat up and get crispy/crunchy again. This absolutely works.

I'll also add that the heating method depends on the type of pizza. But for a standard NY style slice this works.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
This is the correct way to reheat pizza, though timing may vary based on size or thickness of slice.

Only use an oven if you don't have access to a stove. The microwave should always be your last resort, though I'd argue even cold pizza is better than microwaved pizza most of the time.

I have an affinity for microwaved pizza and how soft and fluffy it can make everything.

But, yeah, the pan is always best. Pizza has enough oil in the crust to come out excellent when reheated that way.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
In an oven.

I simply do not understand the love for cold pizza. I have never found a pizza that tastes anywhere nearly as good cold as it tasted when hot.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Oven, on a stone or steel is ideal. Toaster oven or a pan (with a lid) work fine and can be quicker and simpler for a slice or two. Microwave ruins the texture of the crust—I'd rather eat it cold at that point.

KuDetat

Oct 27, 2017
Lightly wrap in a wet paper towel, microwave at double the time, 50% the power. I HAVE SPOKEN.

irri

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Convection Toaster Oven with pizza stone

Immediately put the pizza in at 325, 8 minutes for up to 4 slices, add an extra couple minutes if more slices.

If you are lucky enough to own a convection oven with speed convection (aka air frying) use that setting.

I grew up in an area with really good pizza, and this was a tried and tested family reheat recipe.

EDIT: I need to add, if your pizza is REALLY thin and/or seems dry already, consider turning off convection but otherwise use the same settings.

MechaOctobot

Oct 27, 2017
If it's not next day room temp pizza I have come up with a method that delivers a decent reheated pizza. For this to work you'll need a toaster oven. Line the shelf with a sheet of tin foil (just to make things less messy). Put the pizza in bottom side up and broil for 4 minutes. Once that is done flip it over and broil it for another 4 minutes. End result is a slice with a crispy crust and nice melty cheese

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I have a cast iron pizza "stone" from Lodge. It's absolutely amazing for fresh pizza and even more so for cold let over pizza. 350 preheat for 10 minutes, pizza on for 5 minutes max. Makes the perfect reheat of my NYC slices.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
used to use a pan with a drop of water, now I just throw it in the toaster oven for a few minutes.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Oven at 425 for 4-5 minutes. Gets the crust so nice and crispy.

Also, I never put ranch on my fresh pizza but I love to dip reheated pizza in it!

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Cold pizza is the weirdest thing to me, I just don't get it at all. The fact that it's so widespread is crazy. Are people just convincing themselves that they like it when really they're just too lazy to heat up their pizza? Or they don't own an oven or a microwave? Why do they even eat pizza at all?