• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After getting a taste of what Mr. X in re2 remake who is/was a testing phase for Nemesis I can only imagine how cool can nemesis be in RE3 remake. You think they should make him relentless on pursuit? I remember him being pretty scripted in RE3. He only showed up during certain parts of the game or during specific part of the game. He was never a stalker enemy like Mr. X in re2 remake. What I mean is once you know when he will show up the game becomes very predictable. Nemesis was very predictable unlike mr. X in remake.

Also he can be KOd and he won't ever show up for that section he was scripted for. Until the next scripted event you were free of him. Should they make him invincible with temporary KO like Mr. X. And he will constantly come after you. Given nemesis speed and aggression I think most players would find him very annoying.

How you guys think he should be designed?

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
What will be interesting is how they integrate his different weapons and forms, also will they give us the chances to use things in the environment like in the choices in the original RE3.

I think he should be persistent for short scripted periods, rather than a constant presence like Mr X. Also Nemesis will be tough to balance because he is much faster than Mr X and with some of his weapons like the rocket launcher he would be extremely frustrating if he was free roaming constantly.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I just want him to sprint and have a rocket launcher that can be dodged and hit zombies behind you. I'm a simple man.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fast and menacing. He should throw you objects and follow you to unexpected places.

Ah, and you should able to defeat it.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
For Nemesis, I'd go for something in between Mr. X (RE2make) and Alien: Isolation. Closer to Alien in that he would always be perceived as a persistent threat that could appear at any time, and not like Mr. X where once he shows up he's there until he's scripted to not be. I also think being caught by Nemesis should lead to an insta-death.

But in terms of how you can deal with him, I'd like it to be closer to Mr. X. For most of Alien, this boiled down to hiding in lockers/vents/etc. until it left the area. In the RE3 remake, you'd be able to run away from him to escape, and also be able to fight back and down him.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Part of me wants him to be allowed to roam freely the entirety of the game. But a mix of scripted, and free roaming in certain moments might be best for proper balance.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I honestly think there should be two modes: STALKER and ASSISTED. Assisted just has him appearing at fixed points or scripted sequences, while STALKER actually has him hunting for Jill in real-time a lot more often and will follow her through rooms and wait outside save rooms too. I want the full breadth of Nemesis' terror but I know that's a tough selling point. A lot of people already hate Mr. X and he's barely in RE2make compared to Nemmy in RE3.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
On the shoulder opposite his rocket launcher he should have a boombox that's just constantly blasting his theme

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully closer to the RE3 incarnation than then ones in the movie or in ORC/Darkside Chronicles. He looks way too bulky in those appearances, plus his "STARS" growl sounds awful.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
-the player feels like Nemesis could appear at any time
-sometimes the player can see Nemesis far away, such as on top of a building, staring at the player, not moving. Sometimes he decides to gun for the player, sometimes he just stays there, starring.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think there should be two modes: STALKER and ASSISTED. Assisted just has him appearing at fixed points or scripted sequences, while STALKER actually has him hunting for Jill in real-time a lot more often and will follow her through rooms and wait outside save rooms too. I want the full breadth of Nemesis' terror but I know that's a tough selling point. A lot of people already hate Mr. X and he's barely in RE2make compared to Nemmy in RE3.

I like the idea, STALKER mode would activate only if you don't defeat it. I think in the original he never chase you when you defeat it.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Let's call it Nemesis difficulty. Sounds perfect. :3

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
For Nemesis, I'd go for something in between Mr. X (RE2make) and Alien: Isolation. Closer to Alien in that he would always be perceived as a persistent threat that could appear at any time, and not like Mr. X where once he shows up he's there until he's scripted to not be. I also think being caught by Nemesis should lead to an insta-death.

But in terms of how you can deal with him, I'd like it to be closer to Mr. X. For most of Alien, this boiled down to hiding in lockers/vents/etc. until it left the area. In the RE3 remake, you'd be able to run away from him to escape, and also be able to fight back and down him.
Insta death from getting caught by a sprinting 8 foot monster with a rocket launcher while generally surrounded by zombies would completely ruin the game.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
-the player feels like Nemesis could appear at any time
-sometimes the player can see Nemesis far away, such as on top of a building, staring at the player, not moving. Sometimes he decides to gun for the player, sometimes he just stays there, starring.
First thing he breaks through should be a safe room. Completely turn the tables on the player's expectations.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He needs to have a little fez on to compliment Mr. X's new look.

117.jpg_large

But seriously, I want them to do a mix of scripted and stalker like sequences. The one thing about RE3 that was amazing that I want to be carried over is how the actions you chose had an effect on how the story progressed and when Nemmy appeared. I want that expanded on but also have a couple of truly random encounters with Nemmy that can cause him to follow you throughout the city until you lose him or defeat him.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Nemesis should always be the "cooler" tyrant compared to Mr. X. So bigger, louder, faster. If heating Mr. X's foot steps put you on edge, hearing nemesis running and catching up to you while yelling "STARSSS" as he pushes all manner of objects out of his way should have you shitting bricks.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, he should never roar (I guess at least not until his later phases; it made him look lame back in '99 and it'll make him look lame now). On that note, he should also say "S.T.A.R.S." about half as often as he did in the original game.

I guess the dodge mechanic would have to return via QTE because you would need some way to deal with the fact that he's faster than Mr. X. But yeah, make him at least slightly less scripted and more of a stalker enemy like Mr. X.

Last edited:

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I legit had to stop playing RE2 because of the anxiety I was experiencing from Mr X. I don't know if I could handle a beefed up version of that gameplay mechanic.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of hope for the first roughly half of the game Nemesis actually slowly stalks you just like Mr X in REmake 2, and doesn't start full on sprinting at you until he starts getting more feral.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Nemesis should always be the "cooler" tyrant compared to Mr. X. So bigger, louder, faster. If heating Mr. X's foot steps put you on edge, hearing nemesis running and catching up to you while yelling "STARSSS" as he pushes all manner of objects out of his way should have you shitting bricks.
I want his robotic voice from Umbrella Chronicles.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Fast and deadly, rocket launcher included.

Not persistent though, make him as part of few scripted events some with choices as in OG 3.

He should be less ugly for starters. But way more aggresive than Mr.X obviously.

551FE0341A1A93BC0DABC3BBFD4A50AD6E35854A

I'd vote for him during Mister B.O.W of the world awards.

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. X's appearances in Remake2 all have specific triggers, which makes him very predictable on subsequent playthroughs. It's after he shows up that he's more of a stalker type of enemy, but that too can be exploited. I want Nemesis to be a speedrunner's nightmare. Make his behavior, including all of his later appearances, have as much RNG as possible.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
He needs to have a little fez on to compliment Mr. X's new look.
But seriously, I want them to do a mix of scripted and stalker like sequences. The one thing about RE3 that was amazing that I want to be carried over is how the actions you chose had an effect on how the story progressed and when Nemmy appeared. I want that expanded on but also have a couple of truly random encounters with Nemmy that can cause him to follow you throughout the city until you lose him or defeat him.
Yeah, about a third of his appearances in the original game are variable-dependent like that (so are a good number of which-enemy-spawns-where things and which cutscenes you get et cetera).

I think making his behavior more complex would be good for sure. I don't know about "truly random" per se, but he should definitely be better at chasing you (but it should still *technically* be possible to lose him despite his speed).

I think with Nemesis it's also important to have more of an incentive to attack him (there's basically no good reason to use more than a flash grenade on Mr. X in RE2Make). He should drop rewards when you knock him out, and he should actually be taken out of the game until his next appearance when you knock him out, just like the original.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Keep him the same way as Mr X, but if you win a battle, he stops chasing you until the next scripted event. Also, keep the fight or flee options that can lead to different areas or rewards.

In terms of appearance, design should look even more like a centobite.

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that comes to mind is that RE:2 is pretty stingy on ammo if you play on hardcore. You don't really have that much ammo to play around with, and downing the tyrant more than one or two times isn't really viable (with anything bigger than the handgun). I think an RE3 remake should try and keep ammo relatively scarce too, but it'd be hard to balance that around Nemesis unless they removed the option to engage him for unique rewards.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
He shouldn't be everywhere like the route b's police station, it makes the atmosphere too repetitive and I want Capcom to come up with even more different ways to create suspense. It also makes the idividual moments feel more special when he does show up. Would be nice if you could temporarily bring a shutter down and a have a minute to figure puzzles out as he tears the door down. That library puzzle was such a chore. Hide options would be cool as well where your blood gives it away where you're hiding.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017

Wow that's terrifying.

People will disagree but I'd love for RE3MAKE to play like survival horror uncharted. The more open ended surroundings, allowing for far more zombies on screen, vertical play with platforming, etc. RE2 was good enough to basically stick to a familiar script, but RE3 could use a lot more liberty being taken with its gameplay.

Oct 27, 2017

This sounds absolutely fantastic.

Another idea could be that even the "scripted" sequences could be built to be mixed up. So for example there are multiple areas where he can appear, but on any given play through he will appear at different ones randomly.

Would keep multiple play throughs interesting, and would make the opening days and weeks of release an absolute riot to read about on here/Reddit etc.

First thing he breaks through should be a safe room. Completely turn the tables on the player's expectations.

The REmakes are at their best when they subvert expectations, and RE3 already has some history of this. I absolutely agree and, if randomised as to when he would do it as per above, it would keep multiple runs intense as fuck.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
The Nemesis already follows you and waits in front of safe rooms in RE3. You either put Nemesis down until the next time it shows or it randomly shows up and follows you through doors. You're rewarded for downing Nemesis too.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The game already has that, it's called downing Nemesis. Let people know you can actually fight Nemesis with the choice outside the police station and after that players will understand that if they want Nemesis to stop then they have to make him stop.