• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
It's a quaint game now, but that first Serious Sam really bucked the design trends of the time. It and Second Encounter were LAN party staples among my friends for a long time.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Game used to scare the fuck out of me as a child. Not just it's gruesome designs but actual gameplay design. Throwing a horde of enemies at you was a first with this game. Looking back what really stood out to me was the wide open levels that were simply not seen in FPS games until Halo: CE

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game used to scare the fuck out of me as a child. Not it's gruesome designs but actual gameplay design. Throwing a horde of enemies at you was a first with this game. Looking back what really stood out to me was the wide open levels that were simply not seen in FPS games until Halo: CE
The fucking screams from these bomb head people man. Freaked me the hell out back then lol.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I really like it when the Developers put out demos.

My friends liked doing LAN parties with this game, which is where I found about the second time. The game series is a blast and really enjoyable, I'm hoping that the Serious Sam games come to switch.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Serious Sam series is still an innovator. They are pretty much the gold standard in VR when it comes to locomotion options. They let you tweak every single aspect of locomotion to your hearts content. Really lets you play with all options that are available in VR and figure out what works for you and what makes you sick.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Great story and amazing series. I recently discovered it for myself and blew through the whole set. I recommend everyone watch them all, even if you're not at all familiar with the games they talk about.

OP
OP
jukeboxhero2396
Dec 25, 2018
Never played this game until I tried it in VR and it was super fun. The controls were amazing and the bomb guys scared me so much.