• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
what is a "rank"? You can purchase them? what? I've been in Destiny 5 years and have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you mean engrams, like current year 1 bright engrams?

The battle pass has 100 ranks. You rank up just playing the game. At the end of a season you can purchase ranks to catch up if you want. You get rewards as you rank up.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I love Destiny, but I own everything on PS4. I would love to transition over to the PC version and continue on there but I'd hate to have to rebuy everything (including later expansions I already own that aren't in the free version).

I'm going to wait until the save file transfer stuff is live and working so I can see how my PS4 character transitions over. I may end up pulling the trigger on the $35 version if it works well.
Cross save is already live

fiskyfisko

Mar 23, 2018
Even with the grievances, I still urge you to give it another try and see if you like it now. Another way to look at it is that since you paid 100 euro for it, maybe you can finally get your money's worth out of it now that it's gotten better? And if you need people to play with, there are plenty of folks on Era who'd join you and help you see everything that the game has to offer now. (I also know of at least one somewhat active furry group for the game, if that interests you, based on your avatar.)

Sounds like fun. I'm a little bit too busy with classic wow rn tho.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Ugh not a fan, as soon as i read you can buy lvl that means its going to take forever to grind them out...

F2P at its best.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh not a fan, as soon as i read you can buy lvl that means its going to take forever to grind them out...

F2P at its best.

It takes 8 hours to get 10 tiers. (With rested XP). That's weekly. So a little over an hour a day. There are 10 weeks in a season. Not bad at all for a looter shooter.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

F2P at its best.

The difference being between this and a F2P game's utilization of this model is that Destiny's progression does not solely revolve around it. There are dozens of different activities to progress towards in Destiny at a given time. For much of the season, progression of these ranks will be going on in the background while you're pursuing something else.

If this shit was implemented this season while I was doing Tribute Hall stuff, Solstice event stuff, farming the Menagerie or raiding Crown of Sorrows, I would be feeling hella rewarded.

Oct 27, 2017

F2P at its best.

Being able to buy levels means there's always gonna bar that one dude who just bought the 100 levels and now has whatever the last weapon will be. I mean people spend hundreds of dollars to get Recluse. They should remove that option but I understand why they add it.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Why not? WoW for exemple never removes content patches. GW2 tried to do that with living story and it was not liked at all. Theres no reason to remove content, especially if you paid for it.

Cata completely changed the zones. Challenge Mode sets are no longer obtainable. Event items are no longer obtainable.

WoW definitely has FOMO. It is just a much bigger game world with years of content built up, so that it is damn near impossible to get everything. People don't worry as much if they miss something because they will always be missing something.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We have:
Escalation Protocol
Blind Well
Forges (that only one is ever used now)
Reckoning
(Soon) Menagerie

All activities that will basically sit and collect dust/waste space.
Yep, that's what I mean.

EP is near useless outside of hardcore collectors. Same thing for the Mercury weapons forge/Infinite Forest loop.
EP is basically only used to knock out quest steps involving hive or large numbers of enemies.

Blind Well is just to tick off a milestone for a powerful drop.

The forges as well, with the added ability of being tied to exotics.

Luke basically said they handled the Gambit Prime shit wrong. The whole point of Reckoning and Prime is they fed off of each other but it was so hard to get that fully powered Gambit Prime set that Gambit Prime never really got a chance to shine.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Being able to buy levels means there's always gonna bar that one dude who just bought the 100 levels and now has whatever the last weapon will be. I mean people spend hundreds of dollars to get Recluse. They should remove that option but I understand why they add it.

They wont be able to just buy the ranks at the beginning. only in the last 2-4 weeks.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Yep, that's what I mean.

EP is near useless outside of hardcore collectors. Same thing for the Mercury weapons forge/Infinite Forest loop.
EP is basically only used to knock out quest steps involving hive or large numbers of enemies.

Blind Well is just to tick off a milestone for a powerful drop.

The forges as well, with the added ability of being tied to exotics.

Luke basically said they handled the Gambit Prime shit wrong. The whole point of Reckoning and Prime is they fed off of each other but it was so hard to get that fully powered Gambit Prime set that Gambit Prime never really got a chance to shine.
Things like EP will be more relevant come Shadowkeep becausse of Armor 2.0.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I have a question.

I read/skimmed all 3 Director's Cut blogs and watched the video where they describe Armor 2.0. I understand the mods and energy and random roll stuff. The part I don't understand is changing the look of Armor 2.0. I know you can... but have they specifically stated WHICH armor you can use as a decoration in Armor 2.0?

I ask because I use the Warlock Mercury Helmet (can't remember the name) exclusively even though it has trash stats. I just like it. Can you use ANYTHING as a decoration or just stuff from Eververse or just new Armor 2.0 stuff or what?

Fine. That was 2 questions.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
I have a question.

I read/skimmed all 3 Director's Cut blogs and watched the video where they describe Armor 2.0. I understand the mods and energy and random roll stuff. The part I don't understand is changing the look of Armor 2.0. I know you can... but have they specifically stated WHICH armor you can use as a decoration in Armor 2.0?

I ask because I use the Warlock Mercury Helmet (can't remember the name) exclusively even though it has trash stats. I just like it. Can you use ANYTHING as a decoration or just stuff from Eververse or just new Armor 2.0 stuff or what?

Fine. That was 2 questions.
Eververse armor, like the Omega Mechanos or Firefly Regalia sets, will convert to universal ornaments. Otherwise, they haven't stated if we'll ever get the ability to convert other legendaries into ornaments.

Also worth noting that you can reobtain that Mercury helmet from vance after 2.0 and it'll be an armor 2.0 piece.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Eververse armor, like the Omega Mechanos or Firefly Regalia sets, will convert to universal ornaments. Otherwise, they haven't stated if we'll ever get the ability to convert other legendaries into ornaments.
We likely won't as all armor in the game converting to 2.0 will still have random stats (i.e. resilience, mobility, intellect, etc.)

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Hope the exotic is OP and worth the few $100 it will cost on day one....

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Don't pay for that season if you don't think you'll have the time to play during it (like with Opulence)? Can just buy the next one for $10.
I do have a concern with this, though.

When Drifter came out and GPrime was released, I was super hyped. I really loved Gambit and thought Prime's changes were brilliant. I thought the Reckoning loot loop was clever. So I hopped in right away...and got burnt out almost immediately. Barely played it at all, and missed most of Opulence as well.

I was lucky that I later got my money's worth for Drifter, playing Prime and grinding for Spare Rations during August. With the new system, I would've been upset if Prime/Reckoning were time limited modes that I didn't get to play anymore, even though I spent $10 on a poor investment.

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
I really, really wish they would get crossplay implemented sooner rather than later. My friends play on the Xbox, and it takes four minutes to load into the game on that ancient thing. I want to play it on my PC, and while I know they're letting you transfer saves around, I don't want to buy anything twice.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I got the base digital delux destiny 2 when it launched.

So, how much would I need to spend in order to have and be able to play everything?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I understand why they are doing it, pretty much everyone is and it keeps people who play invested in the game a lot and gives a very steady stream of rewards which is great. Still, it makes that initial play choice a lot harder, it feels less like a game you can jump in and out of anytime for a little bit and more like a "Do I wanna commit to this?"

I also wonder if season pass is platform specific or not, and if you get stuff on say PC and then play on PS4 for a bit, does the f2p version you have on PS4 have access to the same gear (or even battlepass) that you may have on PC?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I got the base digital delux destiny 2 when it launched.

So, how much would I need to spend in order to have and be able to play everything?
You'd need to buy:
  • The Forsaken Complete Edition ($40 USD)
    • This includes the Forsaken expansion and the Forsaken Annual Pass. It also technically includes the Curse of Osiris and Warmind expansions, but I believe those are already free to current owners of the game now? Someone else will have to chime in on that. Either way, it'll get you everything that has been released until today.​
  • The Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe Edition ($60 USD)
    • This includes the Shadowkeep expansion and all four seasons for year three of the game (essentially the Y3 equivalent of the Forsaken Annual Pass).​

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
I also wonder if season pass is platform specific or not, and if you get stuff on say PC and then play on PS4 for a bit, does the f2p version you have on PS4 have access to the same gear (or even battlepass) that you may have on PC
Gear yes, pass no. They've mentioned licenses are platform exclusive. But if you earn something on one platform with a pass, you have that something on all platforms.

Say you get the new exotic bow from the paid track on PC, then hop over to f2p PS4, the bow is still there and totally usable.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
b5b1fe6cb8825ac923770b1051c09223.jpg

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI

That's not the answer I was looking for.

Also worth noting that you can reobtain that Mercury helmet from vance after 2.0 and it'll be an armor 2.0 piece.

That is though. Thanks.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Loving the systemic changes coming to Destiny 2.

Now I just wish they would migrate to adding things to make the Destiny experience more RPG like and give us proper open-world maps in PVE. More character/face customization options and more character slots should come right after that. But Bungie seems to be avoiding those type of "big-leap"- like changes like a plague.

That's been my dream for a very long time. I think bigger, open world style maps will only land with Destiny 3 on nextgen though.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's been my dream for a very long time. I think bigger, open world style maps will only land with Destiny 3 on nextgen though.
Yup, the engines on the current systems is far too limiting.

I would be an advocate for migration to unreal, but lord knows what that might to do the gun-feel/

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
This new season system is an improvement on the past in every way, and basically has no negatives. I'm not sure why people are against this. Especially people that aren't buying Shadowkeep, you are getting more content than we previously expected.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ranks seem to be tied to XP. I wonder how hard will it be to rank them after the 3 levels XP boost dries up on the week.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
This new season system is an improvement on the past in every way, and basically has no negatives. I'm not sure why people are against this. Especially people that aren't buying Shadowkeep, you are getting more content than we previously expected.
"Destiny has no content ."
"Here is tons of content with different game modes, endgame activities, and loot."
"What I have to PAY for this?"
"Here is some of that content free of charge now that the game has evolved."
"GREAT NOW IT'S JUST AN F2P GAME"

I don't get it.

Metfanant

Oct 27, 2017
Few things after getting through the thread...

1. Not sure where the hate is coming from for the battle pass system...the loot system will be the same it has been...however they seem to be adding more to the loot pool for those that DON'T pay...as well as an additional loot stream for those that DO pay...how can that be bad?

As it sits right now, if you don't have the annual pass, you're locked out of say....Opulence Armor from the Menagerie altogether...but moving forward, you'll have access to the gear, just maybe not the best perk rolls...this is an improvement ..

2. What this DOES do is mess up how my friends and I have traditionally played this game...we mostly play CoD together, and for the past two years have purchased Destiny + annual pass on super sales to play over the summer as we get burnt out on CoD...

This has worked perfect for us in the past, because by the time summer rolls around you not only get a huge discount, but there has been endless content to play between June and the next CoD release...moving forward, we would miss all those activities during the year. We have decided to preorder Shadowkeep and play it all year because we like where the game has gone since launch, but it would be unfortunate for anyone else who plays the game like we have, to miss out on all those activities...

3. I quite like where they are planning to take the game...personally, I wish activities could stick around forever, even if they are removed from the storyline of the game. Using their example of Ada leaving. That's fine, and I think could make for cool story, but it would be cool to at least go back and playthrough the forge activity if it's something you and your friends enjoy doing...you could change the loot pools after the season changes or something (make the forge drop vanguard/crucible weapons, or only forge weapons you unlocked during the actual season, or something along those lines. I also personally don't mind dedicating large amounts of HDD space to games I like, but I do understand their concern for game size.

Pretty much everything in that article sounds like it's taking Destiny in the right direction

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
If I can repeatedly earn enough currency through the 100 ranks to pay for the next battle pass, as with Fortnite, then I'm pretty sure I'll go for this.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
God I can't see it anymore.
I had to abandon every game I played with this model, it got me in a kind of gaming burnout that started to make me really depressive.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see what's to complain about. Paid pass looks good and the free users get way more than they ever do when a new expansion comes out.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
God I can't see it anymore.
I had to abandon every game I played with this model, it got me in a kind of gaming burnout that started to make me really depressive.

This isn't a typical battle pass. you arent buying the pass you are buying the seasonal content for that 10 weeks. the pass just comes along with it and you get stuff as you rank up. and you rank up fast. it isn't hundreds of hours like fortnite and its just playing the game. and you cant just buy your way into getting everything either.

There is no negative to this.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The pass is free, you just get more stuff from it if you have purchased that season.

That's how it works in most of these games though, the battle pass is "free" but the premium stuff is there to make it very much in your interest to buy it.

This isn't a typical battle pass. you arent buying the pass you are buying the seasonal content for that 10 weeks. the pass just comes along with it and you get stuff as you rank up. and you rank up fast. it isn't hundreds of hours like fortnite and its just playing the game. and you cant just buy your way into getting everything either.

There is no negative to this.

Luke literally mentions them introducing paying for ranks at the end of the season as a "catch -up"

I'm not saying this is a criticism, but it's literally just a standard battle pass, except with gameplay-relevant items.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of these changes, at all. Destiny was a great casual game that I could pop into every now and then and get my fill before something else released. Now it seems like you'll have to play it constantly, while also having the benefit of giving them more money so you can have the honor of grinding for more useless shit. I'm not out of the game, completely. I just don't like what I'm seeing.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
The only time id hate a battle pass is when the normal progression suffers because if it. This definitely doesn't look like one of those situations. So is fine with me