• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
So I'm pretty sure we have all seen the Area 51 memes going around "they can't stop all of us". So just imagine they are holding aliens in there for whatever reason.

How screwed are we if there are aliens locked up from some videogames? What if the raid sets them free. What will happen? Will we get intergalactic relationships like in Mass Effect, or will the locked up Frieza blow up our planet (after 36 episodes)? Will that one captured Helghast soldier send a distrest call to Helghan to invade Earth?

Let's get crazy guys.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure if people is able to Naruto run into Area 51 we can all Naruto run from the bad aliens.

Seriously now, we would be really fucked, they would be actually pissed off, and they would call for backup.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Expectation:
13423748_1195147993848761_6730171704806336651_n.png

Reality:

SJm1.gif

Will that one captured Helghast soldier send a distrest call to Helghan to invade Earth?

Slightly Off-topic but the Helghast are human.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Halo taught me that aliens are tough nuts to crack without explosive-tipped magnum loads in my sidearms, and explosive-tipped armor-piercing cartridges for my rifles. If you wanna use a shotgun in Halo, that's a double-aught. You won't find anything like that in an American's gun safe, so good fucking luck.

If you're willing to risk third degree burns, go ahead and smack a Grunt over the head for its plasma pistol, and mob an Elite with that and some pals to get his plasma rifle.

Pascal

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Don't worry guys, I was the commander in XCOM! Me and my team of elite soldiers will handle this...

...You know what? We should probably go ahead and surrender.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
which aliens are you talking about?

The Greys? The Chimera? The Covenant? The Zerg? The Protoss?

score01

Oct 27, 2017
If XCOM2 has taught me anything, we should be good as long as we have a decent selection of snipers and grenadiers.

OP
OP
Aztorian

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Maybe we will see the Darkness from Destiny in real life first before we see it in Destiny.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Aliens from games can normally be mown down in their thousands by one person. I doubt they'd stand up to an entire military.

F4raday

Jul 4, 2019
Assuming that Area 51 holds only a few specimens of each alien, most aliens would most likely be easy to dispose of by regular army.

Are there any aliens that - being a single entity - could be considered a threat to the whole of humanity?

Regular soldiers (without limits to their numbers and equipment) are canonicaly capable of defeating the following aliens:
- xenomorph from alien franchise (in all it's forms)
- predator
- x-com aliens
- mass effect aliens
- the covenant from Halo
- the whatever aliens from Destiny
- Star Craft aliens
- Metroid aliens
- the zombie things from Dead Space
- aliens from Half Life
- Crysis aliens
- Duke Nukem aliens
- Locust from GoW

Ok, while researching i found some aliens from games, that would get us fucked big time, should they be released from Area 51:
- Lavos from Chrono Trigger. I mean, we're proper fucked already if he's here.
- Typhon from the new Prey. But sure, go ahead and smash all the mugs in your house. He's a lamp now anyway. (ok so, from what I understand from the Prey game, the Typhon is not an entity like the morphing aliens, but rather a parasitic space stuff of sorts? Like, you may kill "a Typhon", but it doesn't kill "the Typhon"?)
- there is a thing in Destiny that was the source of humanity's doom. Is that, like, "The Nothing" from Neverending Story, or is that actually a sentient being of sorts? then again, how the hell would Area 51 be able to contain the darkness? I don't think that one counts.
- The Many from System Shock 2 (i understand that they are spore like things that "infect" people and turn them into their hulky forms)

Anything else?

Molten_

Oct 28, 2017
Exaaaaaaaaaaaactly the way i wish it happens Doctor <3

Why think of mayhem and destruction when we could have sweet sweet love <3
We cannot even get pregnant, ah... no sweating in front of a plastic thing with two slots for minutes that last hours.
aaaaaaaand that's enough internet for today

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I would be the first human being to surrender and beg, providing them with valuable information on the human race in exchange for my life.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
If they're the Roswell aliens won't they be pretty old by now? Maybe Area 51 is just their retirement home and this bunch of incels are going to come up to their lawn fence shouting and screaming.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
They're aliens but like Doctor Who, statues and dimensional spray paintings, so you can't really tell.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Regular soldiers (without limits to their numbers and equipment) are canonicaly capable of defeating the following aliens:
- xenomorph from alien franchise (in all it's forms)
- predator
- x-com aliens
- mass effect aliens
- the covenant from Halo
- the whatever aliens from Destiny
- Star Craft aliens
- Metroid aliens
- the zombie things from Dead Space
- aliens from Half Life
- Crysis aliens
- Duke Nukem aliens
- Locust from GoW

The Xenomorphs require pulse rifles to hurt them, they were wiping out the National Guard with no problem in AVP:R. And aside from bombs there's no mdoern day firearm that could harm something from Mass Effect or subdue a Necromorph.

The rest though we could probbaly take.

F4raday

Jul 4, 2019
The Xenomorphs require pulse rifles to hurt them, they were wiping out the National Guard with no problem in AVP:R. And aside from bombs there's no mdoern day firearm that could harm something from Mass Effect or subdue a Necromorph.

Is that canon though? That it has to be pulse rifles and that regular bullets don't work? What about explosions and stuff like that? I kiiiiiiinda feel like you could shoot explosive barrels to kill Xenomorphs, but I might not remember that correctly. The Queen would probably be a hard one to kill though.

Also, I don't remember Necromorphs from ME being anything more than extra-durable cyber-zombies. What was their deal that they could not have been harmed or subdued?

OP
OP
Aztorian

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
If anything from the Dragonball Universe counts we would be pretty fucked. Not that Area 51 could contain any of these species anyway, but that's a different story.

If we actually are in the DB universe I want to find all the dragonballs to wish my pet back ;_;

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain

Well Metroid aliens can be very dangerous.

-The Metroid are only weak to extremely cold temperatures, but they will also attack the other aliens because they only see Metroids and food.
-If a X parasyte manages to scape the Earth is probably fucked. It will infect someone, gain his knowledge and he will proceed to infect more and more people until the only lifeform in Earth will be the X.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Is that canon though? That it has to be pulse rifles and that regular bullets don't work? What about explosions and stuff like that? I kiiiiiiinda feel like you could shoot explosive barrels to kill Xenomorphs, but I might not remember that correctly. The Queen would probably be a hard one to kill though.

Also, I don't remember Necromorphs from ME being anything more than extra-durable cyber-zombies. What was their deal that they could not have been harmed or subdued?

Sorry, I don't mean that they require pulse rifles but rather that pulse rifles are implied to be much more powerful than modern day firearms. Canonically I don't believe I've ever seen a modern day gun kill a Xenomorph, outside of one of them getting hit by a 50 cal in AVP:R (and even then you don't actually see if the result of the wounds as the camera cuts away).

People use shotguns and pistols jnt he games and films but they're shotguns and pistols from the future.

The necromorphs can't actually die. You can only dismember them and the parts are still moving on their own. The guns you use in that game are also implied to be very powerful sci-fi guns/tools that can weld ships and cut through metal.

-The Metroid are only weak to extremely cold temperatures, but they will also attack the other aliens because they only see Metroids and food.
-If a X parasyte manages to scape the Earth is probably fucked. It will infect someone, gain his knowledge and he will proceed to infect more and more people until the only lifeform in Earth will be the X.
I was only going off the list I cut out of the quote.

OP
OP
Aztorian

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018

Only more reasons we need Prime 4 asap.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Considering you can take down Area 51 (the game) UFOs with a pistol, I think we'd be fine.

F4raday

Jul 4, 2019
Sorry, I don't mean that they require pulse rifles but rather that pulse rifles are implied to be much more powerful than modern day firearms. Canonically I don't believe I've ever seen a modern day gun kill a Xenomorph, outside of one of them getting hit by a 50 cal in AVP:R (and even then you don't actually see if the result of the wounds as the camera cuts away).

People use shotguns and pistols jnt he games and films but they're shotguns and pistols from the future.

The necromorphs can't actually die. You can only dismember them and the parts are still moving on their own. The guns you use in that game are also implied to be very powerful sci-fi guns/tools that can weld ships and cut through metal.

I was only going off the list I cut out of the quote.

If it's just a question of firepower, unless we're talking about some very specific circumstances or power beyond human capabilities, with basically unlimited resources to combat the aliens escaping Area 51, we should be able to strike them with waay more firepower than regular bullets. We're talking big ass explosions here. Obviously, it's impossible to say, if a current day combat rocket deals more damage than a pulse rifle, but since "explosions" seem to be doing damage to those things, i'd risk betting that it's up there.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
If it's just a question of firepower, unless we're talking about some very specific circumstances or power beyond human capabilities, with basically unlimited resources to combat the aliens escaping Area 51, we should be able to strike them with waay more firepower than regular bullets. We're talking big ass explosions here. Obviously, it's impossible to say, if a current day combat rocket deals more damage than a pulse rifle, but since "explosions" seem to be doing damage to those things, i'd risk betting that it's up there.

We could, but basic soldiers aren't gonna be able to deal with them and you imagine how fast these things could spread around or into a city. You'd have to completely carpet bomb anywhere they go, civilians or not.