• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
How powerful is it? I saw some people comparing GFLOPS but I think that you should not compare Nvidia gflops to AMD gflops. Recently we found out that some 1st party games in handheld more run at 460Mhz instead of 384Mhz. I am not tech guy so could someone explain how powerful is the Switch? Don't get me wrong I love my Switch and play on it every day. Just curious how it holds up to current gen.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
The thing has been out for more than two years. Look at what the games are on it and how they look and run. That tells you more than arbitrary numbers you probably don't actually understand.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, since it can only emulate NES games and there is no SNES App yet, clearly it's as powerful as a NES! /Sarcasm

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
If you love it and play games on it daily ask yourself why care about how powerful it is? I love mine too, enjoy the great games!

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Don't know the technicals but the games look about PS3 level, maybe slightly better.

Which is amazing when you consider the form factor

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Powerful for a handheld gaming device and definitely so for Nintendo standards, pretty weak compared to home consoles. Very technical, I know.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
source.gif

baggage

Oct 25, 2017
Like 1/4-1/3 as powerful as a base Xbox One, with a newer Maxwell Chipset from 2015. Think less powerful with newer tech compared to more powerful older tech.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Its a little above Wii U with 3x RAM, modern architecture, faster but more expensive media.

In Docked mode is much more powerful, close to half Xbox ONE, but games are designed to run on undocked first

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
XB1X > PS4 Pro > PS4 > XB1 > Switch (Docked) > Switch (Undocked) > Wii U > PS3 (though this was harder to develop for due to the Cell processor) > 360

Oct 28, 2017
If you can stream Resident Evil 7 but also have a Resident Evil 7 installed though a process called Dynamic Bundling, you could in theory play games up to PS4 levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.