• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I can't play Pathfinder: Kingmaker anymore. Sold the incense burners needed to pass the gate to the barbarian merchant. The barbarian merchant left and now I can't get through the game. I fucked up my playthrough. Ugh. 50 hours in on top of it. I don't have a previous save from before I sold the cyclops incense burners.

I need another game to play, I think. Is Wasteland 3 still having issues with bugs or have they fixed all that since it was released?

Sorry, needed to rant a bit.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I played bugs and all and had an absolute blast with it.

Believe its had numerous patches since then.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
It still has a lot of issues om PC, but in solo mode many of them aren't game breaking. You will run into stuff like mouse/keyboard input taking over, when pressing A on the joypad at the title screen or having to pause and unpause after using the rally command, to make a cursor go away. Lots of smaller things like that.

There's also a few places that are game breaking, like a larger fight midway through that always crashes, if you engage all the enemies at once. Taking it in steps is a workaround.

It's a fantastic game though and playable in it's current state, just don't expect "polished to perfection". A new larger patch is also coming next week:

store.steampowered.com

Wasteland 3 - Wasteland 3: State of the Frozen Union - Steam News

Our biggest patch, as well as new OS and language support, is coming soon. Read on for the full details.

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I played bugs and all and had an absolute blast with it.

Believe its had numerous patches since then.
Awesome.

I'm looking into using a cheat for Pathfinder: Kingmaker, though I think I'll start Wasteland 3 while I'm playing the current game that I'm on.

Does anyone know how I can cheat through the Varnhold quest?

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
It still has a lot of issues om PC, but in solo mode many of them aren't game breaking. You will run into stuff like mouse/keyboard input take over, when pressing A on the joypad at the title screen or having to pause and unpause after using the rally command, to make a cursur go away. Lots of smaller things like that.

There's also a few places that are game breaking, like a larger fight midway through that always crashes, if you engage all the enemies at once. Taking it in steps is a workaround.

It's a fantastic game though and playable in it's current state, just don't expect "polished to perfection". A new larger patch is also coming next week.
"A new larger patch is also coming next week."

Just what I needed. Thanks!

mèx

Dec 30, 2017
Italy
Are you playing on PC? In that case, you can download and install the Bag of Tricks mod and spawn the cyclops incense burners (most probably).

I finished the game a couple months ago and it was absolutely fantastic. It's a shame that you can still mess up your save files like that, since it's a long ass game (~180 hours to finish in my case). I was lucky since I did not encounter any major bugs, it was a very smooth experience overall.

Negotiator117

Banned
Jul 3, 2020
I can't play Pathfinder: Kingmaker anymore. Sold the incense burners needed to pass the gate to the barbarian merchant. The barbarian merchant left and now I can't get through the game. I fucked up my playthrough. Ugh. 50 hours in on top of it. I don't have a previous save from before I sold the cyclops incense burners.

I need another game to play, I think. Is Wasteland 3 still having issues with bugs or have they fixed all that since it was released?

Sorry, needed to rant a bit.
Second best game of the year, bugs and all!

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had to stop playing due to bugs.

I'll come back later to finish it.

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Are you playing on PC? In that case, you can download and install the Bag of Tricks mod and spawn the cyclops incense burners (most probably).

I finished the game a couple months ago and it was absolutely fantastic. It's a shame that you can still mess up your save files like that, since it's a long ass game (~180 hours to finish in my case). I was lucky since I did not encounter any major bugs, it was a very smooth experience overall.
Alright, will do. I didn't know there was a "Bag of Tricks mod" where you can, presumably from your post, spawn multiple items. Alright, I'll check it out.

And yeah, I'm loving Pathfinder: Kingmaker. That's why I was pissed when I basically fucked up my playthrough almost 50 hours into it.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth, it was the best RPG I have played this year. Easily.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Currently playing it on Gamepass, near the end game and I haven't encountered any bugs so far.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly bug free and the load time issue has been fixed so go for it.

Great game. One of the best of they year.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I've been thinking of jumping into this one too, been wanting to for a long while but I'm slow with games but with various patches seems a much better experience so pretty excited to start it in the next few days.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Played it in late November on PC, fantastic game, didn't run into any notable issues.

Deleted member 86306

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2020
One of the biggest german review sites 4players.de ripped the game to shreds.
Called it unplayable. I would play something else. They're pretty reliable.

www.4players.de

Test (Wertung) zu Wasteland 3 (Rollenspiel)

Auch wenn Wasteland 3 auf dem PC stabiler läuft, gibt es auch hier zu viele Bugs und große Probleme im Koop, so dass vom goldenen Hitpotenzial nicht viel übrig bleibt.

Xirj

Sep 10, 2019
Was playing it shortly after game pass addition, things were okay. Then I got hit with the whole characters reset to negative bug. Said no thanks until the big patch. It's been a few weeks away for a while now but hopefully dropping in December. Planning on jumping back in then and would recommend the same.

May 19, 2020
i don't know about you OP but some of the best RPGs are the ones that allow you to massively fuck up via player choice and ruin your game and don't care and would probably laugh at you if they were real people. too many games are too nice to people

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I legit couldn't pass the tutorial because my fucking windows language was set to Turkish??

After changing it to English and playing an hour or so I had to nope out because of extreme loading times and bugs. I'll come back to it next year when they release a Definitive Edition or whatever.

Burgess_101

Oct 26, 2017
There are a lot of bugs still, I played it in coop a few months ago with my brother. My recommendation is to save ALL THE TIME. Especially with an area towards the end of the game that is very prone to bugging out. I had to roll back a save and play through to get back to where we were.

It is a great game, just know there are bugs but you'll learn to live with them. Just save often.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Played it on launch and loved it. So, with it being patched since then, go ahead

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I'm glad it worked out! Also that mod is quite useful, you can change the maximum zoom limit and other nifty things, so I would keep it around just in case.
Yeah, again thanks. I thought that's how my near-50 hour playthrough would end, though I do think that I'll still start up Wasteland 3 just to give me something else besides the Pathfinder game.

Played it in late November on PC, fantastic game, didn't run into any notable issues.
That's a good sign. And it's been two or three months since its release so I think I'll be good. Thanks.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That one fight with dozens of drools?
Yeah my co-op buddy almost dropped the game entirely after the fourth or fifth time that the game crashed on us there.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Day 1 on PC I spent about a half hour designing the characters after my wife and I then played the game for almost 2 hours before it crashed and didn't ever save my game. So that was the first and only time I'll ever play Wasteland 3! Hey at least being a Game Pass game means I didn't have to mess with a refund.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I had to stop playing wasteland 3 40 hours in due to a bug where I could not progress in the main story. A little salty.

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Excellent game. Really interesting setting, excellent combat and lots of interesting dialogue choices etc.

Since they patched the loading times it's been far more enjoyable on PC.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
How does the console experience compare to PC? I grabbed this yesterday on PS5, and the visuals are subpar. Which is fine, it's not a AAA game, but I am just curious if I'll have a better experience on PC? The controls also feel weird when using the dualshock. Hard to explain, but it just feels clunky to move using the thumbstick.

Weighing up whether to return the PS4 copy and grab it on PC Gamepass. Or just stick it out on console.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
How does the console experience compare to PC? I grabbed this yesterday on PS5, and the visuals are subpar. Which is fine, it's not a AAA game, but I am just curious if I'll have a better experience on PC? The controls also feel weird when using the dualshock. Hard to explain, but it just feels clunky to move using the thumbstick.

Weighing up whether to return the PS4 copy and grab it on PC Gamepass. Or just stick it out on console.

Pcs probably the best place to play this game..just for the controls. I haven't tried wasteland 3 on pc but wasteland 2 definitely felt good on pc.

it plays decent enough on my ps4 pro, the controls are a bit wonky. But its really the load times that bug me above all else. Kind of curious how the load times on the ps5 and series x are.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
Pcs probably the best place to play this game..just for the controls. I haven't tried wasteland 3 on pc but wasteland 2 definitely felt good on pc.

it plays decent enough on my ps4 pro, the controls are a bit wonky. But its really the load times that bug me above all else. Kind of curious how the load times on the ps5 and series x are.

Load times seem fine on PS5. I guess I was just wondering if the PS4 version is a noticeable visual downgrade compared to PC. Or am I going to get the same experience either way.

ScrewyAurum

Nov 3, 2017
Load times seem fine on PS5. I guess I was just wondering if the PS4 version is a noticeable visual downgrade compared to PC. Or am I going to get the same experience either way.

There is a noticeable upgrade on PC over consoles, visually, if you crank up the settings that is. PS4 falls around the medium settings I think.
The bigger benifit is obviously the more streamlined controls and UX.