• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How Old Were You When You Got Your First Gray?

• Teens

Votes: 61 17.8%
  • 20s

Votes: 158 46.2%
  • 30s

Votes: 75 21.9%
  • 40s

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • 50s

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Can't relate, I'm not old like you fuckers

Votes: 40 11.7%

• Total voters

Dr. Giggles

Oct 31, 2017
I started getting them around 17. I'm 25 right now and have a decent amount of them. luckily I have a buzzcut so you cant really notice them. I just recently found my first one in my beard too

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a bunch of stressed induced gray hairs all through my 20s, but haven't noticed any that seem to be sticking around.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Started in my teens. Now at 39 I'm very grey. Particularly on the sides.

No signs of baldness though, so count your blessings!

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
Last year of my mid 20s. One came in on my beard last week. Just sitting there long and stubborn. Freaked me out last week, but I've learned to embrace it. Also, my barber miraculously missed it when trimming my beard this morning.

Anyway, how old were you when you got yours?

I have 0 on my head (26 for reference), but I started getting grey hairs in my beard, eyebrows, ect since I don't know... 18 I think. Embrace it like you said, wisdom hairs

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
17 I think.

My dad was fully grey by 30, I'm probably half gray at 35. I dyed it in my mid 20s because I was like wtf it's too soon. Now I give 0 fucks. I have 90% of my hair still, can't win all the genes. Also I have a beard now, so dying that would be a pain in the ass.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Started balding at 20. A few grey hairs at 22/23, now I'm 26 and have a noticeable amount if i grow my hair out (I normally have a shaved head).

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm lucky, I'm in my early 40s and they're just showing up. My dad never had a lot of grey, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mid 20s. 30 now and I still don't have a noticable amount at all and it's barely changed since I first spotted one. I think I have like 4 on my temple and a few on the sides, but I keep all of that cut short and any at the temples are still slightly shorter than the top and just tend to hide under it.

Using hair products probably helps though since they just merge in with all the rest.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not completely sure but around 16 probably. I'm 30 now and now have more gray hairs but it's a very small percentage of my hair.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've started graying proper, but I've had two or three random gray hairs. They're twice as big as normal hairs for some reason.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
23 for beard, 27 for head. I'm slowly getting white hair everywhere. From my eyebrows, to my chest, to my pubes. It sucks.

MattDoza

Oct 27, 2017
Eastern WA
31 and I'm well beyond "salt & pepper" at this point. I started getting them when I was about 16? Maybe 17. I used to color it and then used a grey reducer. But I've given all of that up. It is what it is.

Theodran

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Mid-20s. I'm 32 now, but I imagine at this pace I might be fully grey around 45... Beard is getting pretty grey, too.

At least I can find solace in the fact that I have a very, very thick hair and my hairline isn't receding, which means I won't go bald.

Last edited:

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Noticed my first silver hairs on ONE of my sideburns right after I turned 30 late last year. Just one. So I have one regular sideburn and a kinda white one.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Haven't yet. However. I'm balding like a fucker. I'd take a long, full head of gray hair over being a baldy any day. Anyone wanna trade scalps, lol?

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
I had a couple mutant hairs that were grey as early as my teens, but the first real grey I noticed set in was at about 30.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I started getting them in my mid early-mid 20s. It's ramping up and I'm ready to die

I really like my gray hair. Favorite part of getting older

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Not sure if it was silver, gray or simply pigment less, but I was 18. Just one single hair at my temple. I've only had two more that I can recall since.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten a handful of grey hairs every year since I've turned 16. I pluck them when I notice them because I hate how a single hair can stand out that much. I rarely get them in my facial hair, they're always around my temples.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Only a few strands. The first one was anxiety inducing but everytime I pluck it out it'd regrow silver so I just leave the strand alone now XD