• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
32 and Final Fantasy 3 on the SNES was the first one I played, though I've watched my older brother play and beat Final Fantasy 1 on the NES

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
37. The first one on NES. The first one I really got into was 3 on SNES though.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm 34. I believe I played Final Fantasy VI (which was of called Final Fantasy III, at the time in the U.S.) on Super Nintendo first, probably about 5 years after it came out. But my friend also had Final Fantasy for the NES around that time, so there's a chance we played that first, but I definitely remember going back to it after III.

matasar

Mar 11, 2019
I'm 39, and FF Tactics Advance is the first one I played back in 2003. I liked it enough that I tried a few of the other games. The first main series game I played was the DS port of FF IV.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have slight memories of one of the old one on nes, but I'd say 7 was my real first. I was about 12?

I'm 33

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
I was 12-13... I watched my younger brother play through VIII while doing my own playthrough of VII roughly at the same time. I consider VII my first, since beyond being the one at the controller, I quickly wound up ahead, as my brother was having some trouble so grinded a LOT of levels in the Garden training area... and then started a new save when we looked up how VIII's progression system worked online and realized he fucked himself.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I was 12 or 13 when a friend let me borrow FF VI. I loved it and made it a point to play and complete them all, which I did until I quit XIII 40 hours in and never wanted to play again.

Gamer4life

Dec 6, 2017
14 years old. Got FF1 a week after it came out. Proceeded to max out my characters in the next couple of months.

ArcaneStar_

Sep 14, 2018
27, Final Fantasy 8, just played the start of it if I remember correctly, I was like 9 or 10 years old at the time. The first one I finished was FF3 (the real 3, not 6)

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I'm 26 and I think I've never played a FF game. I don't have anything against it, I just don't think it's the kind of game for me.

Btw, useless fact, every time I see FF I read it as Femme Fatale because among the Britney Spears fandom we abbreviate albums and song titles with two words or more, and that's the name of Britney's seventh studio album.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 46 and I discovered FF when I rented an imported FF 2 (FF 4) on SNES here in Germany. Hadn't heard of it before but I fell madly in love with it, mainly the music hit me totally unprepared. I bought a copy pretty much immediately.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Early/mid '30s here, Final Fantasy VI was my first and once I played it (in its year of release, so I was a preteen/early teen), it was like a whole new world of gaming had opened up to me and I never looked back.

Well, technically Mystic Quest was my first but I wasn't into JRPGs yet when I got it as a birthday present so I mostly ignored it. I later went back to it and have a certain fondness for it, despite its obvious problems. Context is important, though.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

MYSTIC QUEST.

I thought it was amazing when I was 7 years old and just getting into gaming. Yeah, it's shit.

ΑGITΩ

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
30. Final Fantasy 6 was my first exposure but i didnt beat it in the time we rented it from blockbuster. 8 was the first one i beat.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm 40, played Final Fantasy 1 when I was 10, I didn't "get it" back then and went back to playing double dragon instead. Didn't pick one up again until final fantasy 10, which I loved

Wait no, was final fantasy 2 on SNES? I played that as well

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I'm in my early 30s and FFVII was my first, back in '97-98. I didn't have an SNES growing up, so FFIV and FFVI weren't anywhere on my radar, and I was too young to really discover FFI in my NES days.

TriGen

Oct 27, 2017
26, The first I played was FFVII when I was 6 I believe. I watched my brother play FFVI when I was 4, one of my earlier memories. I played it after FFVII personally though because I liked watching but was intimidated by turn-based combat at first.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I was 9 when I got FFVII. 31 now and haven't finished one since... Well, FFIX. I've played most of them, they're just not very engaging to be by the end (and in the case of X and XII I got literally to the last dungeon and just said ok done).

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny to me how easy Final Fantasy 2 (US) is. I remember my friend and I just getting our asses beat every boss fight when we were little kids.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 27, I was Vivi's age when I first played FF9. Easily the best character and he was fun to relate to.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
25. I think my first FF is gonna be the remake in March, and I am gonna be 26 by then.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Old enough that FFI was my first. :) I was very young though, and had to share my play-through with my brother, so I remember little. Same goes for II (IV). My first FF all on my own was III (VI).

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
36, ff3. Yes 3, I will never say 6. I did play ff on nes at a friends for 2 min, but that doesn't count.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
34, probably rented Final Fantasy 1 on NES and 'didn't get it', can't remember when that was.

But mostly remember watching my neighbor's dad playing Final Fantasy II (IV). It was really captivating. The music and seriousness of the story intrigued me. Felt like a grown up thing I wasn't ready for, but it seemed so cool. Eventually I'd play it with my neighbor using the two player option on occassion. Watched the same neighbors playing bits of Final Fantasy III (VI) and thought it was pretty darn cool.

We'd then go on to play Secret of Mana together which was a rental.
Then when Chrono Trigger showed up at the rental shop, I was playing this one too, passing the controller off sometimes to those same neighbors.

Final Fantasy VII was the first one I bought and played on my own.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
39. First one I played was the original Final Fantasy for the NES. RPGS became my favorite genre after that. My favorite FF was FF Tactics. I played all of the Final Fantasy games up until FFXIII, which is when I dropped off the series.