• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
There would be no choice but to vote for him. I don't really want him as president but if that's the only way out of this mess than that's what you have to do.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At one point he was the candidate with the best shot. If he ran in 2016 he would've won. The big issue the democrats have now is the division, and with how many people just chose one candidate and ride or die with them, I'm worried Trump will win. A lot of Bernie, Warren, and Yang fans are incredibly passionate about them, which is great, but I worry a lot of them will refuse to vote if they aren't the candidate to "stick it to the DNC" or whatever and we get Trump.

I don't know who has the best shot now, but to answer your question, I'd vote for him and feel pretty good about it
Adding to this, we had Kamala fans on Twitter saying they'll still write her name in for the general, and she was polling at 3%. Imagine what it'll be like for the popular candidates.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I'm not going to vote for him. He doesn't represent me or people I care about. And Donald is too physically ill to stay on the Republican ballot, even if the impeachment fails.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Prefer Warren, would vote for Biden without hesitation if he ends up nominee.

Would be happy if Biden picks Warren or Harris for VP for the ticket if he wins primary.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
I'm going to keep telling people Biden sucks until I'm forced to choose him. I don't like conceding that he's the nominee. Sorry, but we're still far from reaching that conclusion.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's not Trump. That's about the nicest thing I can say about him, but it's enough.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd have to still have hope in humanity to lose it, but it is what it is. Hopefully the electorate don't figure out he's obviously senile if he wins.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
I will not be pleased, but if he gets the nom, I'll hold my nose and vote for him. Anybody is better than Trump, so if he gets the nom, he has the best chance of beating Trump. If he wins, it will back to corporate Democrat status quo, just less people in cages and abuses of power. Wages for working Americans will remain stagnant, the rich will continue to avoid paying taxes and will continue to hoard their wealth, healthcare premiums for our shitty health insurance will continue going up, POC will continue to be fucked over, etc., etc. We'll get some token environmental legislation like tax breaks for anyone who buys a $90,000 Tesla and some convoluted health care reform that will somehow cost more, cover less people, and be even more shitty health insurance.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think he has the best chance to do almost nothing as president and lose in 4 years to a competent fascist so maybe a touch above Lost all Hope for Humanity

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'Lost all Hope in Humanity'

I'll still vote for him even though he's another establishment neolib who'll give rise to a competent Trump

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Canadian here... 4 years of Biden doesn't seem like an eternity to save democracy and Earth's climate.

Biden endorsing the green new deal makes him infinitly better than Trump.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll vote for him but I'm just trying to imagine what insane dirt Fox News cooks up if he wins. We'll be hearing about BURISMA for the next 4 years with former President Trump on the network on a daily basis. Guy will have an open invite on Fox & Friends.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's impeached at all either if Congress falls back into Republican hands (which it will invariably). It will be petty and a non-issue but they'll go full bore with it with Fox News backing the rhetoric, no Democrat president is safe at this point. They're going to impeach over the type of breakfast cereal the guy (or girl) ate.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope

Dems need to nominate someone that will address the issues in this country that led to Trump. A Biden nomination would be a failure of that.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nope

Dems need to nominate someone that will address the issues in this country that led to Trump. A Biden nomination would be a failure of that.
Supreme Court
Supreme Court
Supreme Court

I don't know why this didn't ring in people's ears last election, but you need to understand it now.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, he's infinitely better than Trump. He wouldn't be in my top 5 choices of the current options for being the nominee but beggers can't be choosers. If he does get the nominee, I'd really hope his VP is a good pick.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Not okay with Biden at all. Of course I'll vote for him, but I will more or less do so under duress.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Supreme Court
Supreme Court
Supreme Court

I don't know why this didn't ring in people's ears last election, but you need to understand it now.

This.

The Supreme Court, at this point in time, holds more power then the President. They're what's going to shape the future of this country and the absolute last thing I want to see is the GOP swing it to the right even more then it already is.

If Biden is the Democratic nominee, I'm going to cast my vote for him. Is he perfect, no (I prefer Warren or Bernie), but Trump needs to be removed from office and the GOP needs to be knocked back a peg (or three). All elections from here on out are ones that you can't sit out. Voting for someone that you agree with 80% is still better then not voting and giving someone you don't agree 100% with the office. We're seeing how that's working out with the dipshit that's currently sitting in the White House.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to happen again this year where people will just zone in on the candidate themselves and not the greater implications. I am already fucking tired of it.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to happen again this year where people will just zone in on the candidate themselves and not the greater implications. I am already fucking tired of it.

You and me both. At least this time I can see the loss coming a mile away, so I'm grateful for that anyway. lol

Jun 20, 2019
99% of my political energies will go someplace other than Biden. I could still vote for him, depending on conditions on the ground. Generally a Biden nomination will serve to reinforce the old truth that electoralism is a really difficult path to changing the national dialogue for the better.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

I'm not. And the way i see it, with other candidates currently leading in more contested areas, there's about a 5050 chance of him getting the nom versus not. Let's do all we can to push it over the edge

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
There have been - and still are - people running that I like less.
I don't think it will happen but if it does it does.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You and me both. At least this time I can see the loss coming a mile away, so I'm grateful for that anyway. lol
It just drives me wild that people cannot grasp that if they do not vote for a Democrat President (doesn't matter who the fuck it is) means that Trump gets another person on the Supreme Court along with continuing to fill Federal judge seats. No candidate is going to meet all your criteria, none. Holding your vote back basically sets the country back even further than the damage already done by Trump.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
A solid "Lost all hope in Humanity" for me
Pretty much.

Yes, he's better than Trump, 1000%, but he still sucks. Democratic voters really needs to stop primarying awful candidates. He's basically going to be Hillary 2.0 (but much worse) if he gets the nomination. I will still vote for him, but I am really not happy about it and it's utterly frustrating that painfully mediocre to bad candidates like him keep winning. Hillary was painfully mediocre and it just felt like voting her was an "OK, fine" vote rather than a candidate I was excited to vote for.

Bernie or Warren really needs to win the primary, and I think realistically, the primary will end up coming down to Biden, Bernie, and Warren. I want Warren most out of those three, but Bernie would be great too!

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019

I'm not. And the way i see it, with other candidates currently leading in more contested areas, there's about a 5050 chance of him getting the nom versus not. Let's do all we can to push it over the edge

Weird ass creepy Biden moments aside, it's stuff like the above that boils the blood. Are any of these establishment centrist Democrats any different?

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
I'n excited to vote against Trump if that makes any sense. I personally want Warren but Biden seems to be the guy. He is going to be a one term president so hopefully he picks a solid running mate.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
Not my top choice, but I'll yell, "No malarkey!" and suck a finger as I darken the bubble next to his name.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Weird ass creepy Biden moments aside, it's stuff like the above that boils the blood. Are any of these establishment centrist Democrats any different?

Not really. Biden and people like Hillary and Obama and Bill are emblematic of the corupt establishment democrat that will be dragged kicking and screaming out of relevance.

That's why the progressive left is so vocal about Sanders(and to a lesser extent warren, yang and even tulsi) if we actually had a representative coalition in washington to fight against neoliberalism and our geopolitical imperialist empire, there would not be so much desperation.

But we dont. We either have outright facissts in the GOP, or halfway there establishment dems who just want to keep conceding more and more ground to those fascists and then pretend they are surprised when things go awry and people are angry.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to vote for him. He doesn't represent me or people I care about. And Donald is too physically ill to stay on the Republican ballot, even if the impeachment fails.

He's not getting removed from office, and he will be on the ballot. I'd love to be wrong, but it's by far the most likely outcome. I'd love your fantasy scenario to play out though.

If Biden is there and you don't vote for him, then well, don't complain during the four more trump years if he wins.

easter

Nov 15, 2017
Yang is my man but will vote for whoever wins the non-trump slot. Everyone take the primaries super seriously!

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
If Biden gets the nomination i am done with politics. Clearly theres no fixing the world through it and theres no more room for half measures. I will vote for him because he is better than trump even as senile as he is but that'll be the end of it as a focus for me.