• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Palookah

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Surely...

Surely... only one thing matters

Pulling your international disgrace of a representative OFF the national stage

Squabble later FFS

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I have very little faith that someone like Biden can beat Trump. His campaign would be a disaster due to how terrible a public speaker he is and how problematic his history is. Hopefully one of the better candidates beats him first.
Trump is not a good public speaker either.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We've already fucked ourselves over with Trump. Uncle Joe may be a fucking old weirdo, but if he's the nom, Imma vote for him with bells on. Hopefully he can excite the base (i doubt it)...

Also, what's with all the Joe Biden threads? Y'all defeated already?

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Not for millions of people that are scared for their lives every single day since Trump was elected.

A lot of the people scared and angry about Trump should have been scared and angry before Trump, and many of them were. Trump is an aberration in that his egotism and racist attitudes are more overt, but very little of his policy isn't just letting the same fascist machine that has run this country continue to operate unimpeded. Most of his worst offenses were put into practice under Bush.

An abstract notion of "respect for the position of the presidency" is irrelevant in comparison to setting up an entire government branch dedicated primarily, if not exclusively, to racist harassment.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am very uninspired by him. Of all the nominees he's in the bottom half.

But if it's Biden vs Trump I'll vote Biden with a fiery passion.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Less than thrilled about it, since Biden is basically more of the same establishment politician beholden to rich people, but he'd still be a better option than Trump.

Legitimately hoping that Warren can swing the nom.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not.

At all.

Biden represents the worst return to Democratic status quo politics. He loves police, is super comfortable with big business and billionaires, and doesn't want to make any significant changes to attempt to fix the rot that underpins this entire country.

Unfortunately, if he's the nominee, I'm not going to have a choice but to hold my nose and vote for him, but I won't be happy about it. I'm also not convinced he can actually WIN, but it is what it is.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
He's too far to the middle, but always seemed like an honest sort of dude. Would be fine.

I'm a bit worried about the impeachment and the fake Ukraine scandal though. I'm afraid Republicans will use it to paint him as a typical corrupt politician and successfully re-elect Trump.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Canadian, but from what I've seen he's awful. If I lived there and he was the nominee I'd feel forced to vote for him, but I'd be miserable doing it.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He's definitely not my first, or second, choice...

But if he's the nominee, I'll vote for him.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking sucks, because he's not progressive enough and won't make the changes this country needs, but at least he won't be a threat to the world like the orange sack of shit.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Surely...

Surely... only one thing matters

Pulling your international disgrace of a representative OFF the national stage

Squabble later FFS

You would think, but there's a raving loud minority(?) among the left who think it's Bernie/Warren-or-bust time.

Last edited:

littleworm

Oct 25, 2017
As long as he can stay in good health I'd be ok with it. The bat-shit executive orders Trump signed will be reversed, our judicial and executive branch appointees will be competent in their positions. Any legislation that comes up will far sooner be moderated to pass the Senate regardless if it needs 50 or 60 votes, than to be watered down by Biden.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
He'd be fine. I don't think we'd make the kind of progress that we really need to make with him as president, but he'd be a decent enough president when it comes down to it.

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Honestly, depends on his VP. That could make or break his chances. He needs someone as opposite from his as possible to excite voters.

But in general I'll happily take 4 years of Biden over another 4 years of Trump

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Not really. Because he would continue to push this country further to the right "working" with Republicans if elected. While Trump continues to take this country to a bottomless pit if reelected.

We've been through this shit 3 times already.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the frontrunners he's my least favorite, but that's not saying much. There are so many people in the primary that would be horrendous nominees and I'm glad most of them are failing.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
If he runs with Yang and adopts UBI into his platform I would maybe be a little excited, but I don't believe if he did that he would actually have the slightest intention of bringing that to fruition.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
You know what? Y'all are right. We need someone in power who won't be driven solely by his most basic impules, will behave himself, and make us respectable to the rest of the world like the canadian blackface guy and the french dude who says Africans have too many kids (I can't seem to get Twitter to load so imagine I posted the PrettyBadLefty tweet that says about the same thing).

biden-fingers.png

BIDENMENTUM, Y'ALL

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
How many variations on "Will you vote for Biden vs Trump" threads do we need? Do another candidate already

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Dude's a Diet Republican anyway so it's a pretty shitty situation but obviously if it's between him and Trump then yeah go Biden I guess.

Jan 4, 2018
Anyone is better than Trump but I dont have faith in Biden because I feel like Trump getting elected and the vocal base behind Bernie shows that Americans don't really feel like supporting a candidate who represents the status quo, typical politician that most of the candidates fall under. I think in the current political climate, people want to get behind an iconoclast

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
A Biden win over Trump would be a relief, given the alternative. We'd at least be able to start rolling back some of the damage done over the last four years. But it won't leave me with hope that anything, fundamentally, will change.

I'm under no illusion that any candidate's campaign promises will be 100% fulfilled, or that big social programs will be easy to implement/get passed. But if a Republican's going to come around in 8 years and tear down, as much as they possibly can, even the most moderate Democratic programs, we may as well swing for the fences. And I think Biden's belief that Republicans are going to have some sort of epiphany after four years of Trump and start working with Democrats is delusional. (Maybe it's just pandering to moderates and he doesn't actually believe it himself, who knows.) And I worry about his intermittently fumbling, rambling debate performances; often jumping from point to point without actually completing a thought, cutting himself off like he gets extra points for not going long, switching from mentioning Obama all the time to doing everything he can to avoid saying his name, verbal slip ups that open up other candidates to take shots at him. Doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

If he gets the nomination, will I vote for him in the general? Yes, 1000%. But it kind of feels like we're (already) limiting our expectations for what's possible in this country.

Oct 25, 2017
Today, at his Iowa town hall, Joe Biden was about to throw down with another old man (not Trump). "Damn liar". Challenged him to a push up contest and an IQ test.

If Biden wins the nom, I'll look forward to the slap fights with Trump, and I'll vote for Biden in the general. In my state primary, there's just no way I'm voting for him tho.

I can't believe he doesn't have an answer to the Hunter questions yet. If his team doesn't come up with a decent and quotable response, there's no way he'll be able to beat Trump.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ok with it. I'd rather have Warren but my feelings are not as important as the big picture.

I think he'll win.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Yes, because I'm not some asshole who is stuck on one candidate. If he's it, then I'll vote for him knowing in 4 years he may not be. I'm tired of Trump. The man had no business being president. Anything to get the fucker out