• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
strangley I get none. i always thought I'd be more popular and engaging (like Steve) where people wanna hit up my inbox. Oh well.

You?

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I get a ton due to the nature of my role, but as a member, I almost never got them. I had one friend I would converse back and forth with sort of like a penpal, though. That was very nice.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Only ever got them here and the old place from the BST, or various mandatory messages from events etc.

Half the reason I like forums is the lack of needing to actually have a inner clique or friends to participate, despite the fact that it still does have a ton of the former.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Here? A couple of times because people wanted to continue conversation/had follow-up questions to something. Outside of that, never. No on thinks I'm cool enough.

Other places, all the time but that's generally because I'm pretty open to talking/being there if you need to talk/vent, etc.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
On occasion. Usually for hashing out the details on avatars.

Most of the time if I'm talking to another user outside of threads it's through Discord.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Almost none because the people that do message me do so on Discord.

Oct 27, 2017
Neverish. Pms always seem to exist for 10% mutually wanted private messages and 90% perving on pretty lady posters.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
I send a bunch, and mostly get replies to the ones that I send, but I don't get very many out of the blue. I like to think it has to do with me not making topics often and not having a definitive avatar.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
I've got one PM since registration and it was a pleasant one! Got a beta code for Anno 1808!

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This has been up for a few minutes..

My inbox is always open.

So, um...

giphy.gif

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I did get a few at the other place, like a person who explained things to me about going to eastern Europe, like what to do for the people I'm staying with.

But not here, no.

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got one recently.

One member reached out to help me and I was very suprised.
I thanked him or her for the kind words and it really helped me.

Thank you again.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, here? Depends on the avatar. That's all anyone ever cares about.

With some exceptions. Very rare though. I don't mind really.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I've only gotten a few. Some conversations around setting up threads and a back-and-forth during a beta.

And of course my new conversation with this ol' spatula.

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
I've received precisely 1 on this site and it's from a real life friend. At the other site I had a bunch and a couple were almost like penpals and we would message back and forth. It was cool.