• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was just chatting with a friend about how I needed to do laundry when I got home and they asked me when the last time I did it was. I told them it was three weeks ago, and they looked at me incredulously. I said that I think living in an apartment by myself where I don't have too many clothes but I have to pay for laundry, I feel like I can afford to wait a bit, usually 2-3 weeks. I feel like I have enough clothes to last me as well. They replied that they do laundry once a week, and sometimes twice a week.

Idk, how often do you do laundry?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I was just chatting with a friend about how I needed to do laundry when I got home and they asked me when the last time I did it was. I told them it was three weeks ago, and they looked at me incredulously. I said that I think living in an apartment by myself where I don't have too many clothes but I have to pay for laundry, I feel like I can afford to wait a bit, usually 2-3 weeks. I feel like I have enough clothes to last me as well. They replied that they do laundry once a week, and sometimes twice a week.

Idk, how often do you do laundry?

I do laundry 3 days a week and about 8 loads of Laundry over those 3 days.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I live by myself in an apartment where I have my own machine. I separate my loads- whites, socks/underwear, dress shirts, pants, all other shirts, Towels, and Sheets. I tend to do laundry on Sunday, where I do 2-4 loads each Sunday

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
once every two weeks

i wear most shirts twice before washing them (barring stains or excessive sweat, etc), pants i'll wear for a while before washing (again, unless they stain) and i have 14+ pairs of underwear/socks.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
ever since i got a washer and dryer once or twice a day (pending if i've been to the gym/what time of day i shower - wet towels should be washed immediately imo)

but before i had that luxury... not going to lie i was living like white trash. mountains and mountains of dirty laundry that *may* get washed that week

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Everyone in my home has more than enough clothes to wear clean stuff every day for a week.

So once a week.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Once a week (for two). Almost always a Sunday.
Sometimes twice a week if I can coordinate it properly.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One load every week. Then maybe once a month I have a week where I do two loads, wherein the second load is stuff that doesn't get washed as often as clothes -- towels, sheets, comforters, pillowcases, the slipcover for our futon, etc.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Just me here, but I have my own washer / dryer. I average about twice a week, mostly because I run and need clean workout clothes frequently.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Every Single day. Have my own washing machine. I don't have a dryer but I built a shelter to hang clothes right next to the machine so I can hang it even in wet weather without problems.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Once every two weeks. If it's during the summer, I might have to do a load a week. I try to space out loads as much as I can.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Regular clothes almost daily, whites once a week, bed sheets once a week, towels twice a week.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
This really just depends on how much clothes you have.

Definitely every week for me, tho.

3 sounds fucking nuts, tho. That's either too many loads or you're re-wearing some stank clothes.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Once a week. If it were just clothes I could get away with every two weeks before I ran out of clean stuff, but I need to wash my bed sheets and towels so I might as well do a small load of clothes too. Pants and Dress shirts I don't wash weekly though, only every few weeks or if they get a stain or something otherwise they'll wear out too fast.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
My last apartment we had in unit free (apart from electricity) washer and drier. I would do 2 - 3 a week then, sometimes 4 if one was a specific bedsheet/blanket load.

Now at our new place we have in building but $2 for wash and $1.50 for dry so we try to time it that we have as full a load as gets dry on one drier run. Sometimes we overload the drier and have to run it twice.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Once a week, usually on Sunday. I do mine and my husband does his, also on Sunday, usually after I do mine. Waiting 2-3 weeks would let it pile up too much.