• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Be honest.

• Only on my lunch/break

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Maybe a couple of times a day

Votes: 26 10.4%
  • Rarely (once every week/month/etc.)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Only when I won't get caught

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Frequently

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Almost always have a tab open

Votes: 117 47.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 15 6.0%

• Total voters

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Got a new job a couple of months ago, it's pretty nice, but boy is it slow. Outside of the occasional meeting and phone call I'm basically left to my own devices entirely and a lot of it is just reading and checking boxes in our system. I almost always have a tab open and I'm probably a bad worker drone for it, but I'm pretty good at jumping back and forth. I'll be transitioning to working at home more next month, which either makes the problem worse or better depending on how you look at it.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
My current job has lots of downtime so basically Everytime.

Specially because work internet is slow as fuck so Twitter and resetera are the only two sites that are fast loaded there

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I usually have the tab open 100% of the time and just switch back and forth reading a few posts at a time in between other things.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
I have like 10 tabs going at all times and ERA is always one of them. I'm a writer and work in an office. Browsing the internet is like 75% of the job.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
All fookin' day for the last 13 years including right now.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm at work, a tab is always open.

If I'm at home, sometimes. I'd rather play video games than talk about them.

If it's the weekend, rarely ever.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have my phone open for browsing almost constantly. Like 6-7 hours of downtime. So yeah, I'm hanging around pretty often.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please mods don't approve anymore headhunters accounts.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I'm doing it right now

ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Usually anywhere from 2-3 times a day to most of the day, depending on what my work load for the day. Having 2 screens makes it easy to keep Resetera running on a tab while still having my work up on the main screen.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
It's blocked by our content control software, so I have to use my ipad or phone and hook up to our guest wifi. I do not really like browsing an iphone. I will do it on an iPad, but it's a lot more conspicuous.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
I'm on it quite a bit. Outside of meetings I check the front page every half hour or so.

Gotta take a mental break sometimes.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have a lot of downtime with my job because I honestly couldn't tell you, I don't run this place I just make the pretty shit.

But if you see me posting in quick succession, eight times out of ten it's because I'm bored out of my mind at work and I'm talking my ass off on here.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
This time of year my job is basically sitting in a booth dealing with the odd customer a couple times an hour. Basically all I do is browse resetera/Reddit and play my switch.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Kinda part of my problem solving ritual, I read for a short time, while working out stuff in my head. It is not just resetera, have an stack of different news pages, which I read over while thinking.

I find it both relaxes me and make me think more about my code, so I don't just type out stuff blindly.