• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How much HP (money) is your wallet losing?

• 0 to 60 (Buying a game, not much more than that.)

Votes: 387 23.1%
  • 61 to 100 (One deluxe edition game and some snacks.)

Votes: 48 2.9%
  • 101 to 250 (Buying some new games but not a new console.)

Votes: 104 6.2%
  • 251 to 550 (Got to have that new console, but that's about it.)

Votes: 160 9.5%
  • 551 to 750 (Oh, this is going to HURT.)

Votes: 362 21.6%
  • 751+ (Hurt? My wallet is going to die)

Votes: 489 29.2%
  • What wallet? I'm erasing it from existence.

Votes: 126 7.5%

• Total voters

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 is already paid for
XSX $530 payment when it ships
PS5 headset
Demon's Souls
Miles-Man

That's it for day one but it still HURTS.

Tanston

Nov 29, 2017
I have a ps5 disc preorder but have no idea what if any launch games I want to get. I'm interested in Dirt 5 but it's release date on PS5 seems like some kind of mystery unless I'm missing something. Probably I will get spiderman and I might pick up AC Valhalla if it gets good reviews. I dunno none of the launch titles are must haves for me I loved Spiderman PS4 but having a hard time getting excited for a side story that is probably just more of the same. I'm waiting on cyberpunk for the ps5 version which sounds like it will be in 2021.

I'm interested in Demons Souls but only ever beat Dark Souls 1 and i'm kind of stuck on a Dark Souls 3 play through so i'm not sure I want to pay full price for Demon Souls and might wait for a sale.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
PS5 alone is over $800 over here. Demon's plus Spidey UE, will be over $960. Good thing is I can go through all my PS4 backlog.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So to upgrade my post, i paid off my xbox series x and ps5.

I also ordered an elite series 2 and an extra playstation 5 controller.

I also ordered the ps5 remote. I don't have any games ordered other than watch dog legions because of a trade in promotion. So it's still an expensive month and even more than I expected but to offset the cost I sold my ps4 pro and xbox one x.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
PS5 Disc
Extra Controller
Demon's Souls
DMC5 SE
Godfall
Spiderman Ultimate
Sackboy

Xbox Series X
1 TB SSD
Extra Controller
AC Valhalla
COD Black Ops Cold War
MK11 Ultimate
Watch Dogs

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

so yeahh....

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
it's bad. xbox series x, got a new 4k tv for it this month (so i'm counting it towards the total, a LG CX none the less!!!), getting that goofy super mario bros game and watch, a couple games for the series x. it's a big one

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
You should've broken your high range further. Personally I'm spending

Xbox Series X - 500
Xbox Series S - 300
3 Extra Xbox Controllers (165)

Really my spending spree starting this month with
Quest 2 - 400
Quest 2 Elite Battery Strap with Case - 130
Quest 2 Games - 140
3 Years of Game Pass Ultimate - $181 (paid off until September of 2023)
6 Months of GameFly - 94

November Total - $965
Oct/Nov Total - $1910

That is a lot but not to bad when you consider that I'm getting 3 pieces of hardware (XSX, XSS, Quest 2) and this includes GamePass until September of 2023 and I'm sure I'll play at least 30-40 games in that time. Also the 6 months of GameFly will allow me to play AC: Valhalla, Cyberpunk and a couple other normally $60/70 dollar games.

Those full priced games are what is killing some of your totals.

Last edited:

BetoJR

Apr 27, 2020
Fortaleza - CE, Brazil
Well, I've already paid for the PS5, an extra Dual Sense, the headset and the media remote. So, in november, I only plan to pay for some games, like Miles Morales and, maybe (and that's a big maybe, as I'm not that into Ubisoft, these days) Assassin's Creed. Other than that, I'm still heavily into my PS4 backlog, so I have that to look forward to.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
PC only, not upgrading any hardware this year, since I just built a new mid-range rig a year ago (Ryzen 3700x and 1660ti)

I sank 150 hours into Horizon Zero Dawn over Aug-Sept and still feeling kinda burned out on AAA open worlds right now. So I honestly think November's gonna be a quieter month for me. A lot of awesome indie games out in Oct (Vigil: The Longest Night, Raji: An Ancient Epic, Biomass, Endless Memories, Pumpkin Jack, Xuan Yuan Sword VII) that I'll be likely picking up and playing; but the only really interesting thing I see for November right now is the next expansion to SpellForce 3.

There's probably gonna be some cool indie games on sale form my wishlist, or something new and exciting might sneak up, so I'm guessing I'll probably spend somewhere up to 200 CAD on random buys (oh yeah, Black Friday sales will be next month, too); but nothing super excessive.

AJUK

May 28, 2019
I'm not sure yet. I have a ps5 pre-order but I have realised I'm not too bothered about any launch games, especially at rrp. I am definitely getting cyberpunk so it's just whether I'm playing it on the ps5 or the pro.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Getting a BF deal on a TV like the CX will probably blow that budget out of the water anyway. 🤷‍♂️

killa2max

May 17, 2018
Seattle, WA
I'm getting the Xbox Series X and PS5, I just bought a new TV (Sony x900h), and I'll also be picking up a few games. So my wallet is going to be in very serious pain. Not to mention Christmas gifts...

Coothman

Oct 28, 2017
Buying both consoles and likely a few PS exclusives, but I've been setting money aside for next-gen launch for some time now so these purchases will have little-to-no impact on my wallet overall.

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
oh the big hurt is coming in november

upgrading mobo, cpu, ram, and psu. pretty much a full computer refresh

Capricorn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just Destiny: Beyond Light Deluxe Edition and Legend of Zelda: Age of Calamity for me. Should be able to get both for less than 100€ with some extra credit I've got laying around.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
  • PS5 (already paid for)
  • PS5 HeadsetPS5Camera
  • Demon's Soul
  • Miles Morales
  • Xbox Series X
  • AC Valhalla
  • Cyberpunk
  • Sonos ARC
  • LG OLED CX 65" ($1850 starting 10/28)
I am sure extra controllers, another game and maybe some other accessories might be coming in too.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Eh... buying a Series X. Probably won't even buy a game. My days of buying day 1 games are loooooooong gone. Gamepass is perfect for me. I just want to be able to play my old shit without all the slowness. The only game i've really put time into recently is Minecraft Dungeons with the kiddos. Lol. It's nice that my old controllers will work with the SeriesX.

I'll sell my Xbox 1s.
Some wacko bought my xbone kinect for like $130 on ebay a couple months ago.

Last edited:

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
About 600 USD or 800 Canadian dollars. Now the issue is that I also have to spend money on clothes and Christmas gifts.

$600 usd is my money allocated just purely for electronic

I have no pre-orders. If I get a PS5, I'll get demons souls. If I get a series x, I already have gamepass ultimate. That's it.

I do want to buy a new phone though...

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
I'm buying in November:

Xbox series X: 499$ +tax
Assassins Creed Valhalla: 70 +tax
Watch Dogs Legion: 70 +tax

Playstation 5: 500$ +tax
Demon Souls: 70$ +tax
Miles Morales Spider-Man: 70$ +tax
God Fall: 70$ +Tax

CyberPunk PC: 60$ +tax

God I love new console Launches!

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Probably Cyberpunk and Yakuza 7, if 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim got a decent discount on BF then I'll buy it. That's all I guess, so not over $150, hopefully

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
PS5
Miles Morales
Cyberpunk 2077
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Hyrule Warriors

JLA by Morrison Omnibus
She-Hulk by Slott Omnibus
Venomnibus 3
11 X of Swords Comics

Real

Oct 28, 2017
PS5 Physical Edition
Extra Controller
Charging Dock
PULSE Headset
Spider-man: Miles Morales
3x Years of PS+ ($29.99 Each at Eneba.com)
Looking at other games, too...

Looking at a new TV (TEMPTED by that 55/65" LG CX Costco Deal on the 28th, but will most likely hold for Black Friday deals)

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I have a PS5 preorder but I have been planning for it for months, so it won't have a real impact on my wallet. I got 2K21 with the last gen version, already preordered Miles Morales, and will probably get Demon's Souls, and maybe another game but not settled on what yet.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Grabbed a Series X, but since my X1 controllers work, I don't need to buy any more, and with Gamepass, I won't need to buy Tetris. I'm interested in The Falconeer and Kingdom Hearts MoM, though.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I'm not really sure yet. I couldn't secure a PS5 pre-order and don't think I'll be able to, so I've given up trying to get one. As far as games go, I might get Hyrule Warriors, but anything else depends on Black Friday sales. I doubt I'll be spending any more than $150 though.

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
Only HW Age of Calamity for me. An indie game is possible but I won't vote more than 60 because it isn't guaranteed. Even then it's possible it won't be more than 60, as I'm paying 45 for HW Age of Calamity.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
Gaming won't even be my biggest purchase!

PS5 Digital
Miles Morales
Sackboy
iPhone 12 Mini
LG CX OLED

yeah...there's no Christmas shopping for me. It's all in November

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
It's really bad. I hate that I want/need a new receiver again. That was something I hadn't thought about coming in to this year.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 Disc Edition, second DualSense, Black Ops Cold War Ultimate, €100 PSN topup for whatever looks cool some week(s) after launch.
So €750 in total.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Technically, not that bad. I used credit cards. Luckily I had a couple with enough credit limit to pre order consoles.

1 for PS5 disc version
1 for Series X
1 for PS5 accessories
1 for Miles Ultimate Edition, Demons Souls
1 for a 1TB NVMe with 2 enclosures

Nov is gonna be outrageous in my home, lol. I just need a Series controller, I think all my XBO controllers are broke. And another NVMe.

Last edited:

KyofoS

Oct 27, 2017
7000$

1. OLED GX 65"
  2. Samsung Q90 Soundbar
  3. Xbox Series X
  4. Xbox Series S
  5. Seagate Expansion
  6. PS5
  7. 1 dual sense + Pulse 3D + Charging dock + Remote

9 Series X Games
  • Dirt 5 Amplified Edition
  • Watch Dogs Legion Ultimate edition
  • Yakuza like a Dragon Legendary edition
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ultimate Ed
  • Destiny 2 Beyond Light Digital Deluxe
  • Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Cross Gen edition
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising Ultimate Edition
3 PS5 games
  • Miles Morales Digital Deluxe edition
  • Godfall Ultimate edition
  • Sackboy Gold edition

• Extended Games Pass Ultimate to 2023
  • Extended PSN+ to 2023

Last edited:

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Series X, PS5, Demons Souls, Extra controllers for each and the extra 1TB expantion for the Series X. Cyberpunk

Wallet would be crying. Fortunately I had enough trade in credit at best buy to not spend a dime.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
PS5, Demons Souls, and Hyrule Warriors. should end up close to $700 USD after tax. this is right after spending $180 on 3 years of xbox gold to do the GPU conversion. fortunately Q1 seems light next year so i can save back up

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Buying a game, Spider-Man, and not much more than that. Will ultimately cancel my PS5 pre-order and will nab one early next year when Ratchet & Clank release.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I'll replace my Vita. Not much coming out in November that I'm interested in other than the new consoles, but I can't justify spending that much money just for a game or two. At least not yet.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Next to zero, depending on Steam, etc sales. October was the wallet pain with new TV plus Steam Index order.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
I upgraded my PC last week, so October has ruthlessly murdered my wallet beyond all comprehension.

In November I'll probably grab a game or two and maybe a Dual Sense controller if they turn out to be great.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I've been putting aside a few bucks here and there for PS5 for a while and have it just about covered at this point. I might pull the trigger on a 48'' LG CX though, which will set me back a cool $62.50/mo for the next two years. Gonna wait until Black Friday just in case it knocks a few bucks off.