• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
7hrs 10mins here in North East England, tho its been dark all day due to the weather :(

Bring on the summer when its 17hrs 23mins.

www.gaisma.com

South Shields, United Kingdom - Sunrise, sunset, dawn and dusk times for the whole year

South Shields, United Kingdom - sunrise, sunset, dawn and dusk times for the whole year in a graph, day length and changes in lengths in a table. Basic information, like local time and the location on a world map, are also featured.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
10:08 hours from dawn till dusk in Northern Illinois. A little over 16 hours in the summer

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
With lockdown its making such a big difference at the mo, no after work bike rides, id think nothing going out or for a swim from 7pm.

Now its dark at 5 and I'm done.

Necking Vit D tablets though.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
uh is this a mod for skyrim or something
also its summer here

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
You posted this in gaming.

Also, today is 9 hours 56 minutes from sunrise to sunset (10:51 from dawn to dusk). It doesn't change too much from winter to summer

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
7.26 here in West Yorkshire, uk

But I prefer it this way. Not the biggest fan of the sun especially when it's hot weather.

Definitely an autumn /winter person

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Owch! Bring on the summer.
Honestly it was nice and cosy as a kid, now I'm older I'm just knackered haha.

Edit: whoops for posting in gaming, I've self reported myself in shame ;)
I can barely fathom this. I live in the southern U.S. and the thought of getting any less sun each day than I already do is maddening, let alone only three hours of it...
It's bleak but I guess you get used to it... it's even more depressing right now though due to social distancing. From now on the days will start start to get longer very fast at least.

The summers are great though! It never gets completely dark, so it's easy to loose track of time. Around midsummer the sun just dips at the horizon line then bounces right back up again. Few things beat seeing a sundown and sunrise at the same time.

rudeboyoslo

Jan 5, 2018
Sunrise 9:17 am, sunset 3:13 pm in Oslo. Incredibly, today was very sunny and quite nice. It's been raining literally all of december up until today, so just I had to go for a longer walk and soak up those Ds. Tomorrow's forecast is back to endless rain

Drakhoran

Jun 7, 2018
Scandinavia
I have never actually timed it, but it's about 25 minutes. And no I don't live that close to the arctic circle, I live in a valley with mountains to the south. The way the geometry works out I don't actually have sun at noon, it's between 13:00 and 13:30 that the sun starts peeking up over the mountain, rolling along the skyline before sinking back down. I'm not 100% sure if the full disk of the sun ever clears the mountain, but I do get sunlight.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
7 hours 58 minutes. Been snowing all morning and will probably snow all day though it isn't that cold. The snow makes it feel bright for longer which is nice.

Oct 29, 2017
A bit over 6 hours where I live in Sweden. So overcast that it barely counts as light though.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Is that like the bathroom light but outside the house, above my head? I got some of that, yeah.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
About 8.5h today here in Switzerland (08:11 - 16:38h). The weather has been pretty bad most of the day so not like there was any actual sun to see, though.

I genuinely could not live in places like Sweden or Finland (although I've visited Helsinki and think it's otherwise a fantastic place), I just couldn't deal with so little sun in Winter.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
6:33 in alaska, and it's barely sunlight. Peaks over the horizon for a brief second then back under.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i was like, isn't winter solistice in late december?

when did we get here? i'm mentally still in september.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
About 8.5h today here in Switzerland (08:11 - 16:38h). The weather has been pretty bad most of the day so not like there was any actual sun to see, though.

I genuinely could not live in places like Sweden or Finland (although I've visited Helsinki and think it's otherwise a fantastic place), I just couldn't deal with so little sun in Winter.

It's also usually extremely rainy and cloudy during early winter (So November and December). I live in Helsinki and I don't remember last sunny day we had. It has been at least few weeks since I saw the sun last time. Doesn't help that it's not cold enough for snow so everything is just grey and black.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
It's also usually extremely rainy and cloudy during early winter (So November and December). I live in Helsinki and I don't remember last sunny day we had. It has been at least few weeks since I saw the sun last time. Doesn't help that it's not cold enough for snow so everything is just grey and black.
Yeah, I'm in Zurich and we have the same problem. Basically non-stop gray skies from November till March with lots of rain in Nov-Dec. Jan-Feb is usually pretty dry. I guess the benefit is that it doesn't get nearly as cold as Helsinki (during the day the temperature doesn't usually dip much below zero these days any more) and it's also been years since we've had any kind of actual snowfall (the whole last winter and this year so far, there's not really been any snow at all). Still, I loved Helsinki although it felt a bit odd not to be able to understand the language even a little bit, unlike when visiting most other European countries. ;)