• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How much of your Steam library have you played?

• I've played most of my games

Votes: 85 14.8%
  • I've played OVER half of my games

Votes: 77 13.4%
  • I've played LESS THAN half of my games

Votes: 157 27.4%
  • I've played a decent chunk of my games

Votes: 62 10.8%
  • I've played very few of my games

Votes: 131 22.8%
  • Thanks for making me realize I've spent hundreds/thousands on Steam and only play like 5 games OP

Votes: 62 10.8%

• Total voters

Cyberleafm

Banned
May 7, 2021
I own 440 steam games, and I've probably only played half of them. 3/4 of that was just to see if it ran properly on my machine.

N1corex

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 7, 2020
I own 818 and i've played/beaten most of it over 13 years. My current backlog on steam is 5 games.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I own over 200 games and currently have 28 unplayed games and I plan to play those eventually.

I categorize my games into "old" (aka played) and the rest is stuff I want to play. If I plan to replay a game, I'll move it out of "old".

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
About 60 (not all played to completion, but that have time played logged)

Out of about 6 of 7 hundred (thanks, bundles!)

To be fair, top game (AoE II HD ) has over 1460 hours played, and there's multiple 100+ hours games played in the top 10.

Let's not look at my GOG library, though, stats are gonna be way more abyssmal there.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the game. If it's something I bought or was interested in and received in a bundle? 90%-100%

Something I got for free (EGS/Twitch Prime), but wasn't on my radar? I'm much less likely to play it.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
I've got 190 games in my Steam library and I've played 130 of them. That's still 60 I haven't touched yet, but that's definitely over half. I technically have far more Steam keys from various bundles, but if I wasn't interested in the game I never added it to my library. The keys just sit on Humble Bundle or elsewhere, collecting virtual dust.

I used to buy games on Steam during their winter or summer sales if they were cheap enough and I heard good things about them. Eventually I realized I was wasting money since I'd never get around to playing so many of them, so I started to only buy a few games during the sales and try to make sure I gave at least an hour or so to each one. During the last year or so I've now decided to not buy any games just because a sale is happening, and only buy a game if I REALLY want to play it.

I've also got 116 games on Epic, but there's a lot of overlap there. All but I believe two are free games (I bought Hades and Griftlands). That has far fewer actually played games. I've played 19 of the games I've got on Epic, but only actually played like 4 of them from there. The others are overlap games I've played either on Steam or on a console. There's also a lot that I'd probably never play, I just got them because they were free. Giving it a quick look over, I'd say of the 116 games I've got on Epic, 35-40 actually interest me in giving a try. Sort of reminds me of my early Steam days, just buying games cus they were REALLY cheap. At least I didn't pay anything for these ones, though.

May 10, 2021
Germany
The Play Next-Section in my library only shows ~16 games. So I played the most of it.

But despite the age of my steam account, I only own ~350 games because I am very careful when it comes to buying new games.

NeonDelta

Sep 29, 2020
I've played 41 out of 185,

only 1 of those ive played for more than 12 hours.

bare in mind that ive only really had a decent gaming pc for a year, the last time i had a half decent pc was probably back before steam tracked hours played.

lightchris

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have 2 unplayed games if I don't count games like "Counter-Strike: Condition Zero" which were just added to my account automatically without being purchased.
88 games I did play. A handful of them were only played for a few minutes, vast majority is beaten though.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have played most but there are several free games or stuff that was only bought because it was part of a bundle that haven't been played yet.

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
I've ... never used Steam. Or any other PC storefront. "high five"

Between Xbox and PS4, though, I have about 45 games I bought on sale and never played yet.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Huh, I was not expecting that percentage.

wUBFyqb.png

To be honest I thought it would be lower. I have a ton of bundles redeemed where I've played very little.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've probably played less than 40% of my library.

edit: Oh wow, I have to change my answer. I've played 65% of my games on Steam. That's a lot higher than I expected.

Last edited:

Forceflow

Nov 5, 2019
Belgium
1268 games owned (I used to go pretty hard on freebies and the early Humble Bundles), and I had more than half, but less than 75% installed at some point.

Piggsy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have like 900 and only played like 50 of them, could be wrong though. I switched to consoles and got a gaming laptop arround 2016-7 when GPU prices started to spike up.

Now that is my favourite way to play seventh gen games, since most of them runs 1080p 60/120FPS locked. Max Payne 3, Mortal Kombat 9, Binary Domain, Blur, the old NFS games, and all those games that never made it to BC are installed and ready to go while in my desk, in case a have some down time while working.

Now I rarely get new games on Steam, mostly old releases or things that are PC only.

Last edited:

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
OP you DO realize that the option "played less than half my games" is essentially just "I've played only a tiny fraction of my enormous library but am too ashamed to admit it" right? :P

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I glanced over the list of games I have, and I've played just about half. Can't say if it's over or under.

Dec 9, 2019
Chances are very low that I'll purchase a game I won't play. So my almost 20 year old Steam library has less than 100 games, and I don't see any game I haven't played.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
According to my backloggery, 78 unfinished (58%), 29 beaten (21%) and 28 completed (21%). More than half of the "unfinished" I haven't even launched them.

But if we went by steam itself, you'd need to add 30 to the list of unfinished. A lot of times they're just freeware or bundles that I don't really intend to play right away and then forget about.

At some point I stopped buying games in Steam because I knew it was more likely that I'd finish them on the WiiU and 3DS. I'd say the same about the Switch, but the lack of folders isn't making it easy for me to focus...

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
Bundles have wrecked my library even though I try to only redeem the games I plan on playing Soon™. The best I can do is maintain my ratio of backlog:played games to 1:1. It helps that I'm now pickier about which games to see all the way through. If it feels like a chore to play it's getting dropped.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
I don't count games from bundles that I never had any intention of playing. I'd say about 75% of my library is played and beaten, but if I count all those trash games it probably goes down to 25%.

Steam sales aren't as great anymore and I don't buy bundles very often anymore. If I just consider the last year or two, the games I've played and finished are probably about 95%

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Less than half apparently, per SteamDB - 907 of 2,337, and a good number of those "played" games are a long way from beaten.

Thankfully, there are people in this thread who are apparently even worse than I am about this, so I feel better now haha.

Dec 21, 2017
I just recently got into gaming on PC. i think I've played all of my steam games.

However, I've probably only played like 2-3 of my (free) games on Epic.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
UUgn1xk.png

That's far more than I was expecting if I'm honest.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
sadge

jAgLZl2.jpg

i think its just cuz my steam profile is private but i really haven't played 99% of the games I own, for a few years I was buying every bundle on various bundle sites, farming the cards, and selling the cards to get the bundles "cheap" (even though I was paying real money and ending up with steam money... im smart!). The card market collapsed a few years ago and I don't do any of it anymore.

realistically i've probably played-played maybe 40 games out of that 5000

none of my kids care about pc gaming in any way, hopefully one of my grandkids will want to inherit my steam library

Mr Punished

Oct 27, 2017
OUTER HEAVEN
I've played though the majority of games I own on Steam, just not the Steam versions specifically. I've wasted a lot of money rebuying games especially from the PS360 era during discounts and such. A lot of older games require tinkering to get them working seamlessly, which means when I do go about downloading a game to play I'll end up spending hours troubleshooting only to sit down and play the game for a few minutes and then leave it. Some games work great though and it's really nice revisiting them with 4K and such not having to worry about ports or remasters. The Dead Space Trilogy in particular hold up incredibly well and still look gorgeous on PC to this day.