• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How much have you spent, pick the best option.

• $0 - Just the freebies

Votes: 1,354 59.5%
  • < $20

Votes: 268 11.8%
  • < $50

Votes: 257 11.3%
  • < $75

Votes: 107 4.7%
  • < $100

Votes: 108 4.7%
  • < $200

Votes: 122 5.4%
  • > $200

Votes: 60 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
Definitely in the majority here as I've only taken advantage of the free games Epic has offered.

Will probably add Rage 2 and Absolute Dift to that list next week

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Between $100-$200. Borderlands 3, Hades, Tony Hawk, and some other stuff. I get why people are angry with the store, but I just treat it as another launcher like Steam. I don't really use of their special features.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I bought Control on sale, and I may have bought something with a $10 coupon, but I don't recall.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
$0. Not even the freebies. Same for EA store. Only one I use is Steam really. And Battle.net for Warcraft/Blizzard but haven't used that in years.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Bought Hades back when it all started as an early access exclusive. Everything else I have was free.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
I bought Hitman and I regret it.

I try to claim as many freebies as I can, hoping devs get paid by the number claimed.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does EGS have native DS4 support cause I remember trying to play spellbreak on it and my ds4 didn't work with it. I won't really play games on there unless it has native support like steam does.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
I've bought a few things like Hades and Tetris Effect, and a few games on sale with the $10 coupon. I honestly regret it though because I didn't play them at the time and I've already re-bought Hades now on Steam just because I want my playtimes/achievements/badge etc on my main library. Never buying anything on EGS again unless it's an exclusive I know I want to play right when I buy it, or a game that I presume will not come to Steam (I assume the next Remedy and Ueda projects fall under this category?).

Does EGS have native DS4 support cause I remember trying to play spellbreak on it and my ds4 didn't work with it. I won't really play games on there unless it has native support like steam does.
Seems to be game by game. This is a big annoyance for me too, because I'm not going to use DS4Windows anymore because Steam natively supports it, thankfully.

gebler

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Outer WIlds, Disco Elysium, and Hades, paying about $30 in total (directly, also made use of Epic coupons.)

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
The only game I've purchased on the EGS is Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries.

So < $75 for me.

Edit: Wait, I bought that directly through a Mechwarrior Online promotion PGI was running prerelease, and they sent me a key, so I'm actually at $0 spent directly through the EGS.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
This poll needs a "Zero, not even the freebies" heh.
This.

I hate DRM. I do GOG when I can, and only reluctantly put up with Steam because I have little choice.

I refuse to add any more stores or apps running to authenticate my "purchase".

No Ubisoft, no Epic, nope, nope, nope. If it isn't on GOG or Steam or one of the consoles, I'm not bothering.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Just a single game, since it was an exclusive. Everything since on PC has been Steam as usual, including Hades. Maybe I'll give Epic a look again in a decade when they actually get a good looking, and easier to navigate interface. It currently sucks ass.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never give them a cent.
Imagine giving Tim Sweeney money.

3-4 hundred, I guess. Whatever makes studios more money.
Don't forget that EGS takes 100% until their exclusivity handout is paid back.
Unless the game is a massive success and makes several times that amount, developers would make more money if people waited for the exclusivity deal to be over and bought it elsewhere, since they take 70% of those sales rather than 0%.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I used to spend money on Fortnite, but after the bought exclusives started happening, only $5 for the coupon for Griftlands, and only because it would also give me a free Steam copy

My rule is to buy any EGS exclusive at a discount for Steam

sythyx

Jun 9, 2018
yeah same as a lot of people here, $0 not even the freebies, i even buy their freebies on steam, even though i've been really tempted, kingdom come, battlefront 2, pillars of eternity are some of the games i really want to play...on steam

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I grabbed a freebie once and uninstalled it bc I don't like how much space it takes on my computer. Not like memory like physically it occupies way too much of the screen and never goes away.

my SO bought me ooblets tho on his account for sub 10 bucks I'm gonna play eventually

Oct 27, 2017
Got a couple abusing the coupon: Hades, Ooblets, maybe something else? Wanted to buy Fenyx, but Ubisoft fucked up their account linking.

Epic no problem, link or unlink account with one ticket.
Ubisoft asking for the registry files, screenshots and generally took weeks to even respond.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I have a 10 year old gpu and 11 year old cpu. They should release dos games to get me to spend more
While I've spend less than $50 on EGS I've spent maybe $70 since steam exist because fuck steam

Oct 30, 2017
I'll never give them a cent.
Imagine giving Tim Sweeney money.

Don't forget that EGS takes 100% until their exclusivity handout is paid back.
Unless the game is a massive success and makes several times that amount, developers would make more money if people waited for the exclusivity deal to be over and bought it elsewhere, since they take 70% of those sales rather than 0%.

buying the game still sends the message to epic that it's worth supporting developers like this, while also helping the developer get to the point where they'll benefit from sales with the 12% cut.

i get why people don't like EGS but i don't think this is a good reason not to buy games there. the same kind of deals exist on most platforms.

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
Got most of the freebies + bought a few games: Hades (when it came out in early access), Mechwarrior 5, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, Control Ultimate + Star Wars Squadrons.

I don't really care about the storefront I get my games from. The only thing is, I prefer to get DRM free + not client bound for installation, which means I'll go for GOG or itch.io whenever that is possible. If I have to do DRM, I don't really care whether it's Steam, Epic or whatever. I care about the games, not the stores.

Steam is already a huge compromise, and there is nothing about its feature set that really matters to me. The community features? Please no, I like to interact with the larger gaming community as little as humanly possible. I need a list of my games to click on, that's it.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Nothing so far. Most of their exclusives are timed and I rarely buy games on release so by the time they get heavy discounts they're not exclusives anymore. Even the free games are not that interesting when you already have hundreds of games. Ten years ago I would've grabbed them just for the feeling of having one more game, but now I don't really care.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Not a lot. I bought some V-bucks a few times and BL3, but that's it. I mostly just use it if there is a free game I want to play, Troy for instance.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Zero, but I'm not boycotting it or anything. Just haven't had a reason to buy yet.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Still 0, but I've claimed almost all the freebies.

The store/ launcher comes with UE4 which I use sometimes so eh may as well :P

Only game I've played for quite a bit from the store is the free Subnautica lol

Akuma-san メカ豪鬼

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Preordered Control on EGS because of the 10$ coupon. I got it for just a 14 bucks if I remember correctly. Then the season pass for 10 bucks and lastly the The Division 2 NY Warlods edition for 20 buckaroos.