• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I was doing about 10% but got called a cheapskate and im pretty sure they spit in my bag so I upped it to 15%. Seen people doing 18-20% which I think is nuts

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I'm ready for a Corona Tipping Thread.

Edit: and I think it's not a good idea to ask any retail staff to handle customer's cash, so I hope anyone tipping is doing it with a card or similar.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea you could/should even tip in a grocery store. If there's no option in the card machine I sincerely have no idea if I should tip

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I smell a.....

fetchimage

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's basically impossible unless it's a self owned corner shop and well, not many of those.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
The fuck are you talking about? Maybe someone helping you take your groceries to the car.. Even that its a stretch.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most chain retail stores in the US will fire an employee if they accept a tip from a customer.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Now would not be the time to hand dirty cash to people working on the front lines.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I was doing about 10% but got called a cheapskate and im pretty sure they spit in my bag so I upped it to 15%. Seen people doing 18-20% which I think is nuts

I'm up to about 30% or 40%, depending on the size of the order. If you're doing anything less than 15%, I'd take a good hard look in a mirror.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like we're all agreement they are working super hard and not getting paid very much. You aren't tipping them?
Why are you making this troll thread? Biggest grocer in the nation doesn't allow employees to take tips, and I'm quite sure policy is the same for all nationwide grocery stores.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You.. tip your cashier? When? For how long has this ever been a thing? Is it a regional thing?

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
I work at a gas station and we've been extra busy these last two weeks. 0 tips tipping at non restaurants aint a thing here.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I have never done this, but I have started to feel the impulse. I've only been to the grocery store once this past week, but it was clear the workers are being hit hard by all this. Cashiers were working pretty much every lane as fast as they could to minimize lines, probably to keep people from standing too close together.

It would be really nice if the stores allowed for tip jars or something so these people could get more money for risking their health to keep everyone fed. It really should become some kind of unofficial policy for the stores.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
This is not normal. I bought a coffee for the lady who works at my laundromat today because she seemed really bummed out about working, but I mean, that's not normal or expected either.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this like one of those moments when some dude starts slow clapping but no one else is joining in but he keeps doing it acting like it's working and hoping that someone else will join in as it gets weirder and weirder

OP is slow clapping by himself

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
don't tip. not a normal practice here. only really ever done it at restaurants. i don't live in the USA where it's apparently normal and it makes you a dick if you don't do it.

when i worked in retail it was a big NOPE to take tips. not that anyone ever offered them of course but IF they did and you took it then good luck finding a new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.